• 9(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-02-22, 16:45)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 16:22)Skank Wrote: if you want to avoid keep asking the same question about using dvdplayer for streams, you could add it to your first post

Good idea.Smile I will do so.

Maybe you forgot this, cause i cant see it
Question:
In the earlier Eden thread there was a guide from Alexrose, where he recommended to install LAV filters 32 bit, since XBMC couldn't use 64 bit. Is that still valid or can you just install 64 bit filters only?
(2013-02-26, 05:33)Saxtus Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 19:12)panni Wrote: Latest 12.0 Frodo build with DSPlayer (25/02/13) based on ... XBMCSetup-20130225-4c4ef69-dx.exe

I've used XBMC backup function to create a backup.
Unfortunately, after installing the above version, my video bookmarks went lost.

Then I used the same plugin to restore my previous backup. Bookmarks still gone.
However, reverting back to version 20130217-76342cf-dx, bookmarks re-appeared without restoring my backup first.

I am puzzled on how to proceed now...

I don't remember anything about backup in XBMC UI. Or you mean Video Library Export/Import?
Anyway, I'd recommend to backup your Video DB physically by copying your %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideosXX.db files to another location, then do library export, delete your Video DB files, then import your exported library for XBMC to create a clean Video DB file.
Or please wait for some time. I'm going to do some test myself (as soon as I find time) and then post specific recommendation if there will be any.
Though, I'm afraid, export-delete-import is the only way to migrate back to the standard XBMC database format.

P.S. Eduard added support for MySQL too - now the DSplayer database is stored as a separate database in MySQL, thus (theoretically) providing compatibility between different XBMC instances that use a central MySQL database.
I'll post more specific info later (again, I need to find some free time to do this).

(2013-02-26, 11:54)Skank Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 16:45)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 16:22)Skank Wrote: if you want to avoid keep asking the same question about using dvdplayer for streams, you could add it to your first post

Good idea.Smile I will do so.

Maybe you forgot this, cause i cant see it

No, I did not. Also, I did not forget my other promise. Congratulations! Now you're officially in my ignore list.
Ohmy.. I'm just trying to help this topic be complete..
So when i ask once if you could add it, you put me on ignore,, nice person are you
Oh well , have it your way
Its not for me it would be helpful you add it
(2013-02-26, 12:21)Bjur Wrote: Question:
In the earlier Eden thread there was a guide from Alexrose, where he recommended to install LAV filters 32 bit, since XBMC couldn't use 64 bit. Is that still valid or can you just install 64 bit filters only?

Indeed, there is no 64-bit XBMC for Windows so far. However, I'm not sure if XBMC code and external filter code are related. As far as I understand, DSplayer (or any other DirectShow player) calls external filters via DirectShow API without knowing their internal implementation (32 bit or 64 bit).

P.S. I guess I need to explain a bit about Video Database.
When Eduard K. added simple Blu-ray support via his AVsplitter, he also added special field(s) to MyVideoXX.db to store the info about titles or MKV editions where bookmarks (auto or manual) are set. It means that if you resume playback of your multi-title Blu-ray or MKV, it will resume from a correct title where you left it. The official Frodo, despite its Bly-ray titles support, does not have this feature, so it always resumes from a default title even if you have watched another title. So this feature is useful but it also has broken Video Library compatibility with official XBMC builds - you couldn't migrate seamlessly between builds or use a single central Video database for different builds.
Now it has been fixed - DSplayer keeps not one but two Video databases - a main database fully compatible with mainstream XBMC bulids, and another for the DSplyayer-specific data (Blu-ray/MKV title bookmarks).
However, I'm not sure how it will work if you have a central database and play your multi-title Blu-rays on different XBMC instances - with DSplayer and without. Now I'm experimenting with my own MySQL Video database, and I feel that I need to do some testing. I will keep you posted.
I've posted a new build based on the latest code in the 1-st post. Beware of a major change regarding Video DB in this build!
(2013-02-26, 12:25)Roman_V_M Wrote: I don't remember anything about backup in XBMC UI. Or you mean Video Library Export/Import?
Anyway, I'd recommend to backup your Video DB physically by copying your %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideosXX.db files to another location, then do library export, delete your Video DB files, then import your exported library for XBMC to create a clean Video DB file.
Or please wait for some time. I'm going to do some test myself (as soon as I find time) and then post specific recommendation if there will be any.
Though, I'm afraid, export-delete-import is the only way to migrate back to the standard XBMC database format.

P.S. Eduard added support for MySQL too - now the DSplayer database is stored as a separate database in MySQL, thus (theoretically) providing compatibility between different XBMC instances that use a central MySQL database.
I'll post more specific info later (again, I need to find some free time to do this).

I did the steps you told me and the problem remains.
But I have some new piece of information now, after some testing I did:

Bookmarks at video category, maintained correctly, even without restoring the database.
Bookmarks at LiveTV recordings (that triggered my previous post), is still the problem, even after re-importing.
Newly created bookmarks at LiveTV recordings, seems to be saved correctly.
Tried both your's and panni's builds.

LiveTV bookmarks must be stored elsewhere...
(2013-02-27, 12:05)Saxtus Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 12:25)Roman_V_M Wrote: I don't remember anything about backup in XBMC UI. Or you mean Video Library Export/Import?

I did the steps you told me and the problem remains.
But I have some new piece of information now, after some testing I did:

Bookmarks at video category, maintained correctly, even without restoring the database.
Bookmarks at LiveTV recordings (that triggered my previous post), is still the problem, even after re-importing.
Tried both your's and panni's builds.

LiveTV bookmarks must be stored elsewhere...

Sorry, but I cannot help here: neither me nor Eduard K (as far as I know) have TV equipment with recording capability. Though, I've always thought that TV data are stored separately, and all DSplyaer development does not (or at least should not) affect them.
That's ok, probably I've stumbled upon a bug outside of DSPlayer build's scope.

Either way thank you for your support and as always thank you and panni, for the new builds, as well as the illusive Edward_K!
Does anyone use this build with PseudoTV? I've noticed that when a show/movie ends in PTV it doesn't go to the next show/movie it just closes PTV. Are there any settings to play next file automatically or something? I'm pretty sure it's not PTV related, but I could be wrong. Just wanted to see if any other users were experiencing this issue.
Add this line in playercoreactory.xml solved some problems with youtube plugin.

<rule name="youtube" filename=".*youtube.*" player="DVDPlayer" />
I have tried to use the latest build with a central MySQL video database shared by different XBMC instances: official XBMC-win, XBMC-DSplayer, and a test build for Android on my tablet - it works OK.
Note that if you use a MySQL database, for DSplayer your need to add the following options in your advancedsettings.xml:
PHP Code:
<dsplayerdatabase>
  <
type>mysql</type>
  <
host>x.x.x.x</host>
  <
port>3306</port>
  <
user>xbmc</user>
  <
pass>xbmc</pass>
 </
dsplayerdatabase
Where x.x.x.x - the IP of your MySQL server.
Hi Roman, I wasn't clear what is being stored in the dsplayerdatabase. When I installed this 1 week ago, I used the typical xml from the sync multiple library page in the wiki for videos and music. It found all my existing movies and shows with their watch status. Does adding the dsplayerdatabase store all your filter choices?

Additionally, is there a way to see everything that is touched by this build?

When I installed it on my system, the DirectX 9 runtimes were modified which breaks an NPVR backend. LiveTV didn't work until a system restore. I'll probably test again on a separate build before using it on my main machine again, but I couldn't find anything that indicates what the install "touches." ffdshow and directx need to be off limits for other apps in my system to continue functioning correctly, or I at least need to know what I would have to re-install to get them going again.

Also, thanks for all your contributions to this thread
(2013-03-04, 21:31)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Hi Roman, I wasn't clear what is being stored in the dsplayerdatabase. When I installed this 1 week ago, I used the typical xml from the sync multiple library page in the wiki for videos and music. It found all my existing movies and shows with their watch status. Does adding the dsplayerdatabase store all your filter choices?

No. DSplayer database stores resume points in multi-title Blu-rays and MKVs, so that if you watch, for example, a director's cut of some movie, you'd be able to continue watching the same movie version from the same moment where you have stopped.
The standard XBMC does not provide such feature.

Quote:Additionally, is there a way to see everything that is touched by this build?

When I installed it on my system, the DirectX 9 runtimes were modified which breaks an NPVR backend. LiveTV didn't work until a system restore. I'll probably test again on a separate build before using it on my main machine again, but I couldn't find anything that indicates what the install "touches." ffdshow and directx need to be off limits for other apps in my system to continue functioning correctly, or I at least need to know what I would have to re-install to get them going again.

Also, thanks for all your contributions to this thread

XBMC-DSplayer installs exactly the same components as the official XBMC: XBMC itself, PVR addons, DirectX and VC++ 2008/2010 runtime libraries. It does not install anything extra (codecs etc.) nor it modifies Windows registry beyond what the standard XBMC install script does.
If your set-up requires a specific DirectX version, simply uncheck it during installation so it won't be installed.
(2013-02-06, 21:49)tman12 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 21:28)FCB38 Wrote: I use FFDSHOW for my videos and I change between 0-255 and 16-235 with the "profiles" function.
I use a remote controller with EventGhost and the plug-in called "ffdshow" then I can change the profile used by ffdshow.
If you're interested I can tell you more.

Regards.

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't ffdshow a decoder? I'm already pretty happy with LAV for the decoding and like I said I can change that to 16-235, but I'm pretty sure the renderer (in my case XBMC EVR) is not using that range. I'm mainly looking for settings that can be changed in XBMC EVR or maybe I will just use a different renderer if that is possible. Like I said, the picture quality is still very good but I prefer a more natural picture and right now it looks a little too digitized or dark - which is a problem IMO with using 0-255. I guess I could simply adjust brightness/contrast in the player and set to default but I don't really like the thought of having to do that.

EDIT: I just realized that you can change the color range by editing the xml file with the appropriate value, reading the Wiki is helpful! - Doh

Hello,

Can you tell me where you find the solution in the Wiki? I have a look here : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSPlayer chapter "4.6 Renderer settings". I use XBMC portable version; I create the file "renderersettings.xml" in the folder "portable_data\userdata\dsplayer" but I'm not sure if it's there. I can't see any change.
Some body to help me?

Thank you.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8