• 10(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Using portable edition must mean that you're not using the DSplayer edition that is posted at the first post of this thread, so maybe check out what XBMC edition of Frodo you're using first!
(2013-03-07, 18:08)Saxtus Wrote: Using portable edition must mean that you're not using the DSplayer edition that is posted at the first post of this thread, so maybe check out what XBMC edition of Frodo you're using first!

Every Windows version can work in portable mode.
Will I benefit from using DSplayer?

My setup....

65" DLP, 12' viewing distance
video material is always 720p, 1080i (LiveTV DVR from WMC) or 1080p (BR rips)
Onkyo TX-NR818 with HQV Vida VHD1900 chip doing 1080p upscaling
HTPC: Intel i7 w/ 6GB RAM, running XBMC (playback) & WMC (LiveTV DVR only), Win7, NVidia Quadro 880M

thx for the help!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-03-07, 18:38)Livin Wrote: Will I benefit from using DSplayer?

My setup....

65" DLP, 12' viewing distance
video material is always 720p, 1080i (LiveTV DVR from WMC) or 1080p (BR rips)
Onkyo TX-NR818 with HQV Vida VHD1900 chip doing 1080p upscaling
HTPC: Intel i7 w/ 6GB RAM, running XBMC (playback) & WMC (LiveTV DVR only), Win7, NVidia Quadro 880M

thx for the help!

It's up to what do you want from DSplayer. There aren't much different from normal XBMC. DSplayer might have better picture quality but it's subjective opinion. For me it'd because most of my collection contains a lot of ASS Subtitles which rendered a bit better in DSPlayer and I prefer it over XBMC + MPC-HC as External player.

There are some cons for DSPlayer like external vobsub (idx/sub) sometimes not working. Changing through lot of subtitles makes it becomes blurry (need to restart playing).

So you could download and give it a go.
Hi,
Thanks for maintaining dsplayer. The Eduard Frodo build fixes a problem I had in Eden where video playlists wouldn't automatically play the next video. However, there's still a weird glitch when the current video in the playlist ends. The last second of the current video is replayed in a constant loop until the next video loads. Not sure if others are seeing this, but I am using ffdshow and avisynth if that makes a difference.
Can somebody please refresh my memory; Why didn't MadVR work with DSPLayer, was it something that MadVR lacked or something DSPlayer lacked?
I know there was some heated discussion at some point about it and I don't want to start anything like that, I just want to know where the limitation is (to start understanding the problem and evaluate if I'll offer to work on a solution).

Thank you.
Oh, i remember this was in the old thread Dsplayer for Eden... but don't remember either ... I remember both developers tried but reached some kind of dead point where something was very difficult to change in one of the codes.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Intuitively it would seem that madVR is lacking something, since DSPlayer works with most other known filters on a standard basis.
But then I don't know if this is due to a limitation by the approach they are using or due to missing parts in the implementation.
Read madshi here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=madvr
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
Ah yes, I remember that now when reading it. Thanks.

First step is to get hold of that patch then, even if it wasn't finished. I don't mind working on it even if it's never going to be patched into the trunk. I think there'e quite a few users that are serious enough about having the best PQ to compile XBMC by themselves.

On a side note, I had relaxed my need for the best PQ for a while until I accidentally did a non prepared test. I had setup a playercore factory xml file to use with MPC-HC and madVR becuase I wanted to test something. However, I got something else to do and I forgot about it for the rest of the day, without restarting XBMC. I was at some stage later (next day) watching a blu-ray of The Life of Pi when XBMC crashed. I started it again and played the movie from start while I was going to the bathroom (so I didn't notice MPC-HD starting up). When I came back I was like what the hell happened to the PQ. So much better PQ "suddenly", until I realized it was MPC-HD with madVR playing.
After this experience there is no more internal player and I want to get madVR going with DSPlayer, even if it means I have to compile it myself, since with DSPlayer you retain all the GUI parts.
(2013-03-18, 14:36)phunqe Wrote: Ah yes, I remember that now when reading it. Thanks.

First step is to get hold of that patch then, even if it wasn't finished. I don't mind working on it even if it's never going to be patched into the trunk. I think there'e quite a few users that are serious enough about having the best PQ to compile XBMC by themselves.

On a side note, I had relaxed my need for the best PQ for a while until I accidentally did a non prepared test. I had setup a playercore factory xml file to use with MPC-HC and madVR becuase I wanted to test something. However, I got something else to do and I forgot about it for the rest of the day, without restarting XBMC. I was at some stage later (next day) watching a blu-ray of The Life of Pi when XBMC crashed. I started it again and played the movie from start while I was going to the bathroom (so I didn't notice MPC-HD starting up). When I came back I was like what the hell happened to the PQ. So much better PQ "suddenly", until I realized it was MPC-HD with madVR playing.
After this experience there is no more internal player and I want to get madVR going with DSPlayer, even if it means I have to compile it myself, since with DSPlayer you retain all the GUI parts.

Yep, already knew that. I agree with u, madVR is beautiful, and that's the way i got also on MPC-HC, evr, lav and madvr.
Sometimes i watch my media on MPCHC. But it's usually on XBMC with lav, that i playback almost everything cos i don't wanna trade the XBMC experience, and lav is also nice.
MadVr + Xbmc would be WOW!, but i'm exceptical: there's already a long story behind and it didn't reach success Sad
HTPC
DSPlayer seems to ignore EDL files.

Is there any plan for this very useful feature, that is already part of the original Frodo player, to be implemented in DSPlayer too?

I miss it so much as I am a ComSkip user...
Wink 
Hi togehther,

I just test XMBX in combination with MP TV server. I would say I am an experienced Media Partal User Big Grin

The performance and and look and feel of xmbc is much better.

Main limitations for me rigtht now, is video quality and TV support.

With dsplayer video quality can be improved than in MP.

1. The xml configuration is not very comfortable. I had some sucess but at the end no video plays Confused

Are there any preconfigured xmls using lav splitter and lav video codecs in combination with ffdshow postprocessing for upscaling any sd video material? is postprocessing possible or only in combination using ffdshow video codecs

(2013-02-03, 00:42)Roman_V_M Wrote: Known issues/limitations:
- DSplayer has limited network stream support. This is not exactly its issue, but rather a DirectShow limitation - there is no universal DS source filter which can support multiple network stream formats. As a workaround, in the builds I post I add the following strings in the system playercorefactory.xml file:
PHP Code:
<!-- DSPlayer rulesset network streams to DVDPlayer -->
<
rule name="other" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" /> 
to play network streams with XBMC's default DVDplayer. If you have obtained a build from other sources, you may want to consider adding these strings to your own configuration.
- DSplyaer does not support ass/ssa subtitles with complex effects (shadows, karaoke etc.), though it can display those subs with simple formatting (fonts, colors, position etc.).

Does this mean, that ds player can not be used for tv?

If it can be used, is there a wa to include tv improvements, because channel switching takes morge that 5 sec. (see hierhttp://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154004&pid=1348501#pid1348501)

Thnaks!

BR

Juro
Any word on a 12.1 release?
Based on http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...326b8af426, 13/03/19: http://fragstore.net/panniweb/XBMCSetup-...d32-dx.exe
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8