• 12(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-03-23, 20:05)oldpoem Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 15:11)juro1971 Wrote: Why av splitter, isn't LAV filters package enough?

After installing av spliiter packages works for mkv, dix, xvid as I expected :-) until i play a ddvd, dvd starts to play, ds playder did not start, standard player plays DVD, after playing a dvd no more movie can be played, I have to restart xmbc :-(
Can your configuration also be used for playing sd tv ?

AV Splitter works with MKV /w chapters (like Haali Splitter) which LAV Splitter can't.

From my experience I prefer internal player to deal with DVD , TV & Stream. DSPlayer doesn't handle it well or doesn't work at all in some type. So I setup my config that way.

oldpoem

many thanks for the files , I just edited the miediaconfig to my requirements and also dvd works now without any crash :-)

The only problem I have with xmbc is the bad tv support (bad channel switching time and no dsplayer support)

BR Juro
(2013-03-23, 23:35)juro1971 Wrote: The only problem I have with xmbc is the bad tv support (bad channel switching time and no dsplayer support)

BR Juro

You should try DVBviewer, switching channel is about 1 second (but without time shifting).
I am really happy to see someone continue this massive project. There is over 700 hours of work from me for making dsplayer from scratch
Hey Tiben, nice to see u around.
Yeah, thanks to our russian friends, we still have DSplayer i hope for a long time.
Wish the best for the projects u're on now, and thanks a lot for making DsPlayer.Wink
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Good morning, thanks oldpoem for xml files now have everything working very well one more question. It is possible to use DirectVobSub for better quality in Subtitles?
good Sunday. greetings
(2013-03-24, 11:56)HTPCAsus Wrote: Good morning, thanks oldpoem for xml files now have everything working very well one more question. It is possible to use DirectVobSub for better quality in Subtitles?
good Sunday. greetings
Is there a problem with the current subtitle implementation?
(2013-03-24, 12:22)tiben20 Wrote: Is there a problem with the current subtitle implementation?

There are few problems,

1. With multiple subtitles streams , changing through subtitles sometimes make every subtitles blurry and need to restart playback to fix it. I think it is because of DSPlayer try to apply outline / shadow to graphic subtitles (Vobsub / PGS)
2. DSPlayer won't recognize Vobsub (IDX/SUB) as external subtitles file on network share . Internal player doesn't has this problem and pick up IDX/SUB properly.
3. DSPlayer subtitles won't follow subtitle location placement settings as in internal player. (Top Bottom Above Below won't make any change to result playback.)

It is still better than internal player regarding SSA / ASS subtitles rendering though.

(2013-03-24, 11:56)HTPCAsus Wrote: Good morning, thanks oldpoem for xml files now have everything working very well one more question. It is possible to use DirectVobSub for better quality in Subtitles?
good Sunday. greetings

It can be used per instruction from xy-vsfilter page.

XBMC Users: xy-VSFilter cannot be used with a default XBMC installation. Requires DSPlayer add-on for XBMC, libsubs.dll deleted from C:\..\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\ , 'Use System Filters' enabled in DSPlayer Settings, setting all 'Preferred Decoders' to 'Use Merit' with Win7DSFilterTweaker, and having some basic 32-bit DirectShow Codecs installed (e.g. LAV Video + LAV Audio + Haali Media Splitter + xy-VSFilter).

It can be used but the major drawback would be unable to change through multiple subtitles stream. It would pick up the highest priority one and can't be change though XBMC interface , can't turn off subtitles too.
(2013-03-24, 17:39)oldpoem Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 12:22)tiben20 Wrote: Is there a problem with the current subtitle implementation?

There are few problems,

1. With multiple subtitles streams , changing through subtitles sometimes make every subtitles blurry and need to restart playback to fix it. I think it is because of DSPlayer try to apply outline / shadow to graphic subtitles (Vobsub / PGS)
2. DSPlayer won't recognize Vobsub (IDX/SUB) as external subtitles file on network share . Internal player doesn't has this problem and pick up IDX/SUB properly.
3. DSPlayer subtitles won't follow subtitle location placement settings as in internal player. (Top Bottom Above Below won't make any change to result playback.)

It is still better than internal player regarding SSA / ASS subtitles rendering though.

good Sunday. greetings

It can be used per instruction from xy-vsfilter page.

XBMC Users: xy-VSFilter cannot be used with a default XBMC installation. Requires DSPlayer add-on for XBMC, libsubs.dll deleted from C:\..\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\ , 'Use System Filters' enabled in DSPlayer Settings, setting all 'Preferred Decoders' to 'Use Merit' with Win7DSFilterTweaker, and having some basic 32-bit DirectShow Codecs installed (e.g. LAV Video + LAV Audio + Haali Media Splitter + xy-VSFilter).

It can be used but the major drawback would be unable to change through multiple subtitles stream. It would pick up the highest priority one and can't be change though XBMC interface , can't turn off subtitles too.
Can you test this. Map the network drive to play the subtitle . If its fixing the network problem i know what to fix in the code.
(2013-03-25, 04:45)tiben20 Wrote: Can you test this. Map the network drive to play the subtitle . If its fixing the network problem i know what to fix in the code.

Tested it. Map network drive fix the problem with external IDX/SUB. It was picked up properly , unlike on SMB shared.
(2013-03-23, 23:35)juro1971 Wrote: oldpoem

many thanks for the files , I just edited the miediaconfig to my requirements and also dvd works now without any crash :-)

The only problem I have with xmbc is the bad tv support (bad channel switching time and no dsplayer support)

BR Juro

I'm curious which changes you made regarding DVD playing?

I'm still baffled with config to let DSPlayer handle DVD ISO instead of internal player. Can't find good combo of source/splitter filter to handle DVD Menu correcttly.
(2013-03-25, 08:08)oldpoem Wrote: I'm still baffled with config to let DSPlayer handle DVD ISO instead of internal player. Can't find good combo of source/splitter filter to handle DVD Menu correcttly.

Alas. The only source/splitter filter I know that is able to open DVDs is dvdnavigator {9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}. But despite being able to open DVDs, it sill has major problems with navigating through DVDs, so it's close to unusable.
I'd also like to know if there is any other DS filter that can open DVD IFOs properly.
Tiben, is there any way to set the subtitle position manually? I mean, editing some file, something. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2013-03-24, 02:50)technick Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 23:35)juro1971 Wrote: The only problem I have with xmbc is the bad tv support (bad channel switching time and no dsplayer support)

BR Juro

You should try DVBviewer, switching channel is about 1 second (but without time shifting).

Hi technick,

thank you for the information, mhh ? With Mediaportal so far i never had problems, power scheduler, epg support, web epg support and xml tv, comskip support ...

Is this all possible also with DVB viewer, then I would spent 15 €.

Is live TV then also possbile with dsplayer or is this an overall limation with live TV in general?

Many Thanks

JuRo
(2013-03-25, 14:01)ashlar Wrote: Tiben, is there any way to set the subtitle position manually? I mean, editing some file, something. Smile

If the subtitle is inside the mkv container, you can not adjust the position on the screen, I could not find how to adjust it.
(2013-03-25, 20:27)juro1971 Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 02:50)technick Wrote:

BR Juro

Hi technick,

thank you for the information, mhh ? With Mediaportal so far i never had problems, power scheduler, epg support, web epg support and xml tv, comskip support ...

Is this all possible also with DVB viewer, then I would spent 15 €.

Is live TV then also possbile with dsplayer or is this an overall limation with live TV in general?

Many Thanks

JuRo

I did a test with the demo version, I found noting about power scheduler, so thsi is unfortunately a no go for me.

BR

JuRo
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8