• 21(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Hi

1st thanks for the effort, this is so faster than original player (wit right decoders).

However I can't really use it on my old crap netbook with Unichrome Pro II IGP (64MB) - for some reason videos very often won't play in XBMC window but instead in separate window title "ActiveMovie Window". I noticed that when this happens video renderer in plaing file info ("O" button) is shown as "Video Renderer", not the XBMC VMR... Sometimes video won't play at all, despite XBMC thinking it's playing - then there will be no Video Renderer at all visible in playing file info. I tried using EVR (I'm on XP - I registered dll that came with Net Framework) but results were similar. The thing that puzzles me is that the very same video will play OK at one time but on another try it may play OK or play in seperate window... Oh, and I can't use true full screen in XBMC as I will get strange doubled-flashing video with VMR or fuzzy lines video with EVR... Any ideas (other than upgrading graphics drives which didn't help)Huh I even restored Windows image and reinstalled XBMC & K-lite (tried with other codec packs & codec combinations before) but to no avail...

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/6dhfFXpL

Thanks
The code and binary builds on Eduard's site (see the 1st post) have been updated. Only minor changes - the bug when you couldn't switch "Live TV" channels with arrow keys has been fixed.
I haven't tried it yet.
Thx Roman , gonna download it in a min
Wink
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hello everyone.

DSplayer is the difference between using XBMC and not for me, but there is a huge problem that i can't seem to overcome. DSplayer ignores my settings for audio renderer, it only plays out of the default windows device. it's capable of playing out of the device i want, but only if it's the default in windows, the setting in XBMC (in the DSplayer pane) is irrelevant. This is critical for my setup. I searched through the thread and no one else seems to have my problem, so I don't have a lot of hope, but any help is appreciated.
2 Kanpai

The problem with not being able to select a DirectSound renderer other than Win default device exists. But AFAIK you can select non-DS audio renderers.
Thanks for the reply Roman, but a quick test shows that this is not the case for me. The logs indicate that the dsplayer setting seems to do nothing when a renderer is chosen for playback - it generates a list of all the renderers, the default is always at the top, and it never fails to pick it, directsound or not.
(2013-07-06, 18:01)Kanpai Wrote: Thanks for the reply Roman, but a quick test shows that this is not the case for me. The logs indicate that the dsplayer setting seems to do nothing when a renderer is chosen for playback - it generates a list of all the renderers, the default is always at the top, and it never fails to pick it, directsound or not.

Then you can try to change Audio Renderers merits in Graphstudio, giving your preferred sound device the highest merit.
(2013-07-07, 21:30)Roman_V_M Wrote: Then you can try to change Audio Renderers merits in Graphstudio, giving your preferred sound device the highest merit.

Thanks again but Graphstudio does not allow merits to be changed for audio renderers as far as I can see. Although it does list merits for renderers in the list of filters, the field is missing in their individual property pages and the button to change merit is inoperable for them.

Can you or anyone confirm this problem on their own system? If this is in fact a bug there's no point in me continuing to try to find a solution.
Hi Guys,
today I've installed for the first time the XBMC release with DSplayer.
Very strange but the new XBMC reads only DVDs.
Nope full HD m2ts and mkv.
Do not change nothing if those files are over my NAS (my standard use) or over the internal HDD.
No problem if I try to play those HD files with the standard "DVD Player".

Why?
The XBMC release with DSplayer has a deep installation procedureHuh
(2013-07-16, 22:43)Lupin 3rd Wrote: Hi Guys,
today I've installed for the first time the XBMC release with DSplayer.
Very strange but the new XBMC reads only DVDs.
Nope full HD m2ts and mkv.
Do not change nothing if those files are over my NAS (my standard use) or over the internal HDD.
No problem if I try to play those HD files with the standard "DVD Player".

Why?
The XBMC release with DSplayer has a deep installation procedureHuh

Check the Wiki article about DSplayer.
Thank you Roman.
I've re-read the wiki and I find out that I've do not installed AVsplitter.

Now DSplayer works.

A question: There is a fast way to see what are the filters udes by DSplayer? or the only way is to read the related xml files?

another question: If I manually mod the filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml do I've to deselect the "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)" into the osd interface of XBMC?

thank you so much.
(2013-07-17, 18:12)Lupin 3rd Wrote: A question: There is a fast way to see what are the filters udes by DSplayer? or the only way is to read the related xml files?

"O" button during playback shows technical info in both DSplayer and built-in DVDplayer.

Quote:another question: If I manually mod the filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml do I've to deselect the "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)" into the osd interface of XBMC?

Yes, in "Use system filters..." (Win MP style) mode xml configs are ignored.
Thank you guys.
In those days I've tested DSplayer with some many chains (source-splitters-videodec-audiodec) but I've always massive drop of frames!! Sad

If I play a m2ts file (taken from a Blu Ray) and I push the "O" button I can see that XBMC tells me that REAL FPS is 20.00 and W(fps ...) is the same !!!

With old Frodo installation without Dsplayer I never had this problem. Always 24 fps.

This condition persists with every filter chain (DXVA or not), if hook out my second VGA display and if I select "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)".
always.

Any idea about this?

thank you so much.
tonight I've reinstalled LAV Filters this time with its splitter.

I set this chain:
</rule> -<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts"> <source filter="avsource"/> <splitter filter="avsplitter"/> <video filter="lavvideodec"/> <audio filter="ffdaudiodec"/> </rule>

But The m2ts files do not play.
This is the final part of my debug file:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23:28:13 T:2720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: SMPTE VC-1
23:28:13 T:2720 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: ff-vc1 - Opened.....cut.....
23:28:14 T:2720 DEBUG: CDVDFileInfo::ExtractThumb - decode failed in E:\Demo\Alice_Stregatto_Black Forest.m2ts after 241 packets.
23:28:14 T:2720 DEBUG: CDVDFileInfo::ExtractThumb - measured 1018 ms to extract thumb from file <E:\Demo\Alice_Stregatto_Black Forest.m2ts> in 241 packets.
23:28:16 T:2556 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
23:28:31 T:2556 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any help, please.
I don't see anything relevant to DSplayer in the log. Also note that direct copy-pasting debug logs into posts is forbidden by forum rules.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8