• 30(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-11-29, 23:23)esoteradactyl Wrote: Try adding it like this...

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="lavfsplitter" />
<splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
<video filter="lavvideodec" />
<extra filter="ffdraw" />

For some reason adding ffdraw to the extra filter section doesn't work anymore, so i just added it right below the video filter and it worked. Its been this way for a while..

Then obviously add the guid to filtersconfig under extra filters

<filter name="ffdraw" type="extra">
<guid>{0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}</guid>
<osdname>FFdshow RAW</osdname>
</filter>

I have the same in filters.
And in mediasconfig I had "<extra><extra filter="ffdshowr"></extra>", but tried deleting the extra <extra>'s and it didn't seem to make a difference. When I connect graphstudio to XBMC, ffdshow raw still isn't in the graph and no SVP Sad
(2013-11-29, 23:27)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-11-29, 18:30)KenV99 Wrote: If I start a video while XBMC is windowed, DXVA is used and continues to be used if I maximize the video with the '\' key. However, if I start the video while maximized, I do not get DXVA support. Screen shots are below.

According to my experience, for DXVA to work with XBMC-DSplayer + SVP you need to check "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option in XBMC settings. In true fullscreen (screen exclusive mode) XBMC-DSplayer + SVP + DXVA does not work.

That fixed it on my other system!!!
I'm still bewildered why it works OK on my newer system without having to do that. But sometimes it's enough to just get it to work.Wink
Thank you!
Hi guys and gals,
Did someone encounter a problem when two srt subtitles are displayed simultaneously?
One subtitle is internal to mkv file, while the other is external. The internal is not marked ‘forced’ but is always displayed unless ‘no subtitles’ is selected.
[Subtitles too high ?]
Hi everybody, I managed to set up XBMC + DSplayer for SVP and it works great, I just have one last issue : when I launch a video with subtitles are about 10% of the screen higher thant they are with the native XBMC player, intruding in the screen, does anybody know how to fix that ?

Thanks in advance !
(2013-12-16, 17:46)NickoP Wrote: Hi guys and gals,
Did someone encounter a problem when two srt subtitles are displayed simultaneously?
One subtitle is internal to mkv file, while the other is external. The internal is not marked ‘forced’ but is always displayed unless ‘no subtitles’ is selected.

Same problem. I disabled every subtitle setting in the decorder settings. It just shows double subtitles anyway. I can't figure out what triggers them and why it displays in the first place. I guess it's something we can't control.
(2013-12-26, 00:31)Dannydeman Wrote: Same problem. I disabled every subtitle setting in the decorder settings. It just shows double subtitles anyway. I can't figure out what triggers them and why it displays in the first place. I guess it's something we can't control.

No, don't say that.
I suspect what's wrong, but I need more info first to help:

What codec pack are you using?
Do you have another directshow player in your system?
HI, sorry for this question, but when I download the last version (for first post) and install XBMC show a black screen and nothing more.

I like to try this version because I like to use an HP T5730 Thin Client + Broadcom Crystal HD that reproduce perfectly HD video from MPC-HC or WMP but have problems within XBMC. I post several questions with the failures and create a ticket (14642) but no one answer how I can solve this problem.

Thanks to all
Did you configure your codecs in "mediasconfig.xml", found in your "userdata" folder, or did you just install the dsplayer build and try to run it? If you didn't configure the codecs, you need to otherwise it's not going to work.

For help on understanding how to configure the codecs (filters), check out the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSPlayer

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Hi Real Joe:

I configure the filters before to run XBMC+DSPlayer but fail. I will try in the weekend again when meet the hardware again, but I think that the mediasconfig.xml would be ok. I will post the file for control.

THANKS for your quick answer!
I, too, have had issues with subtitles with DSPlayer. Looking at the filter graph, it seems that the splitter automatically sends subtitle handling back to XBMC. Some of the controls within XBMC seem to affect the subtitles (like choice of subtitle, font, font size, and on/off), however, positioning doesn't seem to work. I have taken to deleting unwanted subtitle streams using MKVToolNix.

The other option I have considered is trying to use xy-VSFilter (https://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/). But looking at the hoops that one would have to jump through (2/3 of the way down the linked page) to get it working, I have been reluctant.

On another note, I was wondering if we might expect a new build of DSPlayer baked into Frodo 12.3... I realize people are busy around the holidays, but I was just curious if this might be in the works.
I was wondering if someone might be able to explain this or tell me if my settings are incorrect somewhere. All of my content are NTSC 24p bluray rips made with MakeMKV, but for some reason DSplayer reports fps as 25. Real fps shows 24 (hovering up and down, but mainly right near 24). I don't use adjust refresh rate or sync playback. Is the fps reported next to the W just inaccurately reporting that frame rate or do I have something setup wrong? Using LAV for everything... Source, Audio, and Video.

You will have to use 'adjust refresh rate' - to get 24p playback, otherwise it will be set by your screen refresh rate - in this instance I assume you have it set to 50hz, or change the screen refresh rate to 23/24hz, but then you will get choppy navigation in menu's etc.
Thanks for your response. I don't want 24p playback, my screen is set to 60hz. Shouldn't the frame rate based on the video vary between 23-24? The actual video frame rate is 23.976 (NTSC standard) so I'm confused as to why it would read as 25fps (PAL standard). Again, I'm just wondering if this is inaccurately reported.
Press OK or Enter on your keyboard and scroll to video settings. Change the render stats to large and that should show you the correct fps..
New 12.3 build is avalable on official XBMC DSPlayer page.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8