• 38(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Yeah not a bad strategy - just wasn't sure you were aware of the option.
(2014-02-05, 19:44)indiejones Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 19:00)steelman1991 Wrote: Indie - not if you copy them to your userdata folder

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer

You are correct steelman but you know how many times I've deleted my userdata folder when doing a clean un-install/re-installing of XBMC... I always keep a backup of what worked for me I've tried many xml files in the past that never seemed to work for me

Im using your xml now, and ut seems to work fine. I have however not tested properly yet.

Can i ask you what system/hardware you have? Are your receiver doing all the decoding such as truehd and dts-hd?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2014-02-06, 09:21)Simkin84 Wrote: Im using your xml now, and ut seems to work fine. I have however not tested properly yet.

Can i ask you what system/hardware you have? Are your receiver doing all the decoding such as truehd and dts-hd?

Its in my sig

I have my audio set to PCM (its just my preference) you should just experiment until you find what you prefer... There's been arguments on the net for years regarding PCM vs Bitstream
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
Is it possible to set an audio delay only for 24hz using bsplayer?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.

Software:
Only a global setting, through the video decoder (LAV or ffdshow) that I know of. But you can in DVDplayer (xbmc internal player).
Ok. Dsplayer seems more spot on than dvdplayer, but a 100ms delay (global delay on lav audio settings) makes it almost perfect on 23.976 content. But then 50 and 60hz content are off.

I dont understand why 24p are so troublesome.

Software:
How can it be be 'more spot on than DVDPlayer' if it still needs a delay Confused.

Surely 'spot-on' means no delay at all - I know I'm being pedantic, but if you need a delay at all, and your not using DSPlayer to enhance picture properties, then I would suggest that DVDPlayer with the latency, linked to frame rate is the better option.
(2014-02-07, 14:12)steelman1991 Wrote: How can it be be 'more spot on than DVDPlayer' if it still needs a delay Confused.

Surely 'spot-on' means no delay at all - I know I'm being pedantic, but if you need a delay at all, and your not using DSPlayer to enhance picture properties, then I would suggest that DVDPlayer with the latency, linked to frame rate is the better option.

Before i tried ds i was delaying audio via my receiver, but i did not get it like I wanted. With ds the audio was almost spot on, very close.

However. I'm back to the xbmc player with a 0.100 delay using advancedsettings, and everything is spot on now. Finally

Don't know why i haven't tried the xml trick earlier.

Software:
Hi everyone!

First of all thanks in advance for this beautiful community!! Blush

I've succesfully configured DSPlayer and I'm using ffdshow for movies with good results.
I've some playlist (configured in LIVE TV) in RTMP. Can I use Directshow filters with this kind of stream?

On first page I read this:

Known issues/limitations:
- DSplayer has limited network stream support (including streams from PVR TV-backends). This is not exactly its issue, but rather a DirectShow limitation - there is no universal DS source filter which can support various network media streaming formats. As a workaround, you can add the following strings into the <rules> section of your playercorefactory.xml file:
PHP Code:
<!-- DSPlayer rules: set network streams to DVDPlayer -->
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
to play network streams with XBMC's default DVDplayer.

So I tried to create a playercorefactory.xml like this:

<playercorefactory>
<rule name="streams" protocols="rtmp" player="DSPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But nothing changed (still use DVDPlayer) and if I force DSPlayer (with the menu "play with...") the stream doesn't start.

Maybe I'm wrong with .xml file or this is not possible with DSPlayer?

Many thanks in advance! Sorry for my bad English Confused
how much of a difference in picture quality do you guys think using DS Player with the LAV filters over the basic 12.3 Frodo build with the internal player and internal filters? is it worth using?
(2014-02-10, 17:39)-Vic- Wrote: Hi everyone!

First of all thanks in advance for this beautiful community!! Blush

I've succesfully configured DSPlayer and I'm using ffdshow for movies with good results.
I've some playlist (configured in LIVE TV) in RTMP. Can I use Directshow filters with this kind of stream?

On first page I read this:

Known issues/limitations:
- DSplayer has limited network stream support (including streams from PVR TV-backends). This is not exactly its issue, but rather a DirectShow limitation - there is no universal DS source filter which can support various network media streaming formats. As a workaround, you can add the following strings into the <rules> section of your playercorefactory.xml file:
PHP Code:
<!-- DSPlayer rules: set network streams to DVDPlayer -->
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
to play network streams with XBMC's default DVDplayer.

So I tried to create a playercorefactory.xml like this:

<playercorefactory>
<rule name="streams" protocols="rtmp" player="DSPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But nothing changed (still use DVDPlayer) and if I force DSPlayer (with the menu "play with...") the stream doesn't start.

Maybe I'm wrong with .xml file or this is not possible with DSPlayer?

Many thanks in advance! Sorry for my bad English Confused

Please shutdown, and restart XBMC (to clear the log) and then try this again and then look at xbmc.log. If you are not using merits, it is possible that DSPlayer won't be able to pick the proper filters to construct the graph. Alternatively, try to reproduce the same filter set that you intend DSPlayer to use in another DirectShow Player such as GraphStudioNext or MPC-HC and see if the stream plays.

(2014-02-10, 18:32)gregh77 Wrote: how much of a difference in picture quality do you guys think using DS Player with the LAV filters over the basic 12.3 Frodo build with the internal player and internal filters? is it worth using?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Without tweaking the configuration, I would say there is not much difference. It depends on your content, your display, your personal taste, etc. If you want to spend a good amount of time tweaking, you can follow the parts of this guide for setting up LAV, ffdshow and AVISynth (omitting the parts targeted at MPC-HC and madVR). Or you can try it all out in MPC-HC using EVR and decide if its any better before installing the DSPlayer build.
(2014-02-10, 19:36)KenV99 Wrote: Please shutdown, and restart XBMC (to clear the log) and then try this again and then look at xbmc.log. If you are not using merits, it is possible that DSPlayer won't be able to pick the proper filters to construct the graph. Alternatively, try to reproduce the same filter set that you intend DSPlayer to use in another DirectShow Player such as GraphStudioNext or MPC-HC and see if the stream plays.

These is my log if I force to play rtmp strem with DSPlayer:

20:03:08 T:1708 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: rtmp://185.5.172.19/live?lp=YWxhZ29fdHY6OnNhbHQ6OmVlZGNkYmMzZGI3YmQwOGZmYjhjMzgzNTg1OTNlY2Iz playpath=z990102.stream live=1
20:03:08 T:1708 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: rtmp://185.5.172.19/live?lp=YWxhZ29fdHY6OnNhbHQ6OmVlZGNkYmMzZGI3YmQwOGZmYjhjMzgzNTg1OTNlY2Iz playpath=z990102.stream live=1
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Creating DS Graph
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
20:03:08 T:3744 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
20:03:25 T:2836 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false

But I have filtersconfig.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer

What I'm doing wrong?

I modified playercorefactory.xml into this:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="rtmp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Still no lucky. Sad

Thanks for your patience
Agree with KenV99. It's going to depend on u, mainly. I notice big difference, but other ppl don't. And some ppl don't feel like bothering with all the tweaking in exchange for the "minor" changes.
(Personally i can't live without it, lol)

(2014-02-10, 21:15)-Vic- Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 19:36)KenV99 Wrote: Please shutdown, and restart XBMC (to clear the log) and then try this again and then look at xbmc.log. If you are not using merits, it is possible that DSPlayer won't be able to pick the proper filters to construct the graph. Alternatively, try to reproduce the same filter set that you intend DSPlayer to use in another DirectShow Player such as GraphStudioNext or MPC-HC and see if the stream plays.

These is my log if I force to play rtmp strem with DSPlayer:

20:03:08 T:1708 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: rtmp://185.5.172.19/live?lp=YWxhZ29fdHY6OnNhbHQ6OmVlZGNkYmMzZGI3YmQwOGZmYjhjMzgzNTg1OTNlY2Iz playpath=z990102.stream live=1
20:03:08 T:1708 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: rtmp://185.5.172.19/live?lp=YWxhZ29fdHY6OnNhbHQ6OmVlZGNkYmMzZGI3YmQwOGZmYjhjMzgzNTg1OTNlY2Iz playpath=z990102.stream live=1
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
20:03:08 T:3744 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).

But I have filtersconfig.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer

What I'm doing wrong?

I modified playercorefactory.xml into this:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Still no lucky. Sad

Thanks for your patience

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but keep in mind that's not the place u should be saving ur playercorefactory.xml
It should be on users/urUser/remote/appdata/xbmc/userdata
(or similar, i am just talking by memory here)

Btw, that playercorefactory is telling to use DVDPlayer with those files.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-02-10, 21:15)-Vic- Wrote: These is my log if I force to play rtmp strem with DSPlayer:

What I'm doing wrong?

The log shows that it is loading your filtersconfig.xml is being loaded from that location (special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml).
It is designated that way by the developers for the purposes of making locations available without OS specificity.

Quote:I modified playercorefactory.xml into this:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Still no lucky. Sad

Thanks for your patience

Now I'm confused. In your original post you wanted DSplayer to play the stream. The above rule is asking DVDPlayer to play it. But the log shows what I suspected. That DSPlayer cannot construct the graph. Which is exactly what is stated in the threads first post. So you are stuck with having to use DVDPlayer to play that stream.
(2014-02-10, 19:36)KenV99 Wrote: [quote='-Vic-' pid='1624177' dateline='1392046758']

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Without tweaking the configuration, I would say there is not much difference. It depends on your content, your display, your personal taste, etc. If you want to spend a good amount of time tweaking, you can follow the parts of this guide for setting up LAV, ffdshow and AVISynth (omitting the parts targeted at MPC-HC and madVR). Or you can try it all out in MPC-HC using EVR and decide if its any better before installing the DSPlayer build.

yea i tried MPC with the orginal build, but didn't like having the loss of controls inside of XBMC (like movie time left, stopping movie and XBMC remembering where i left off). i had SVP running with DS Player but i was getting halos and tearing on fast moving objects, that was more bothersome than the judder. was just wondering if using those filters instead of the internal filters was any better... if anything i can go back and forth between them by backing up my 2 folders. the main reason getting away from the original build was the judder and sometimes i would get dropped frames. any suggestions to fixing those two issues would be appreciated. i liked having SVP running, but that tearing bothered me...

FYI i have a 50 inch plasma (720p) and i play mostly 720p content (MKV's), i'm not an audio/videophile (at least not until we build our new house in a few years!) but id like it to be as clear as possible on what i'm working with.

thanks

[quote='vicmanpergar' pid='1624338' dateline='1392059820']
Agree with KenV99. It's going to depend on u, mainly. I notice big difference, but other ppl don't. And some ppl don't feel like bothering with all the tweaking in exchange for the "minor" changes.
(Personally i can't live without it, lol)

i don't mind doing any tweeking that's needed, ive reloaded XBMC enough times already so another round of tweeking is ok lol
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8