• 40(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Thanks for looking into it, you right, DSPlayer is really trying to open it. My normal XBMC with standart player can open the File without a problem.

GoT Sunday new Trailer for Season 4 Big Grin
(2014-02-15, 04:17)Sourcesys Wrote: Thanks for looking into it, you right, DSPlayer is really trying to open it. My normal XBMC with standart player can open the File without a problem.

Another besides this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ
(2014-02-15, 04:26)KenV99 Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 04:17)Sourcesys Wrote: Thanks for looking into it, you right, DSPlayer is really trying to open it. My normal XBMC with standart player can open the File without a problem.

Another besides this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ

No, this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZNaLQD60Y Blush
I've got this ro run and it all plays perfect for me.

But i can't get DS Player to act as default player for my *.iso files.
I've tried it both by clicking it in XBMC, and in setting it as default in advancedsettings.xml But still no luck.
When i press C and want to use DSPlayer to play the file it works perfect, but after i stop the movie, it goeas back to the original player as default.
Anyone who have had the same problem? Or better yet, has a solution?
(2014-02-19, 17:45)a_simple_man Wrote: I've got this ro run and it all plays perfect for me.

But i can't get DS Player to act as default player for my *.iso files.
I've tried it both by clicking it in XBMC, and in setting it as default in advancedsettings.xml But still no luck.
When i press C and want to use DSPlayer to play the file it works perfect, but after i stop the movie, it goeas back to the original player as default.
Anyone who have had the same problem? Or better yet, has a solution?

Have you tried setting up a rule in playercorefactory.xml to use dsplayer for .iso files?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback

Something like:
<rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="DSPlayer" />
been a while , nice to see dsplayer builds still being under constant development cant wait for a gotham build , its a real joke that the xbmc devs dont see any need for integration of such a great internal player such as dsplayer , but atleast we got our trusty members to help us out with that , thanks guys and keep up the great work , without this id still bed using external players with xbmc Nod

btw im a newbie when it comes to configuring this , so could someone please help me out to have it configured to use the filters that are used in this potplayer guide by ranpha , id appreciate it, since ive tried out the default install of this xbmc 12.3 dsplayer frodo build and it seems its not using any of the filters that are set in potplayer not lav not madvr , nothing

http://imouto.my/configuring-potplayer-f...-decoding/

lav filters and madvr are of course used as well as can be seen in the guide, for all known file types as far as i know of such as :

this is from my old external potplayer playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="POTPLAYER" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="divx|mpls|mov|ogv|mp4|m2ts|rm|iso|bdpls|mkv|bdmv|avi|xvid|h.264|dv|vcd|asf|mpg|mpeg|mpeg1|hdmov|dat|rmvb|flv|vob|dvd|ts|vts|ifo|Divx|m4v|ogm|mpeg2|3gp|wmv" player="POTPLAYER"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Your first problem is there is no MadVR support for starters - but you already knew that lol. So with that in mind - what other filters do you want to use. If its LAV, they will need to be installed and the mediasconfig file amended to have them as preferred splitter/decoders.

I think the default is AVSplitter - check out the first post for confirmation.
(2014-02-19, 19:47)KenV99 Wrote: Have you tried setting up a rule in playercorefactory.xml to use dsplayer for .iso files?

Something like:

Thanks KenV99

Tried this but no luck! =(
At work now so can't send a logfile.
But when i looked at the logfile i get defaultplayer and deafualtdvdplayer as DSPlayer, after some changes in playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings, when it starts up. (according to the log at least)
Still the same problem. Can't get *.ISO to play with DSPlayer as deafult. When i start i MKV it starts with DSPlayer directly.

Any more suggestions? I've always managed to google information and solutions, but right now I'm stuck.

When i press C and chose play movie with DSPlayer it works great, so i probably should be able to make DSPlayer as deafult for *.iso? Or is there a reason for xbmc to chose the regular player for these files?
(2014-02-20, 13:09)a_simple_man Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 19:47)KenV99 Wrote: Have you tried setting up a rule in playercorefactory.xml to use dsplayer for .iso files?

Something like:

Thanks KenV99

Tried this but no luck! =(
At work now so can't send a logfile.
But when i looked at the logfile i get defaultplayer and deafualtdvdplayer as DSPlayer, after some changes in playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings, when it starts up. (according to the log at least)
Still the same problem. Can't get *.ISO to play with DSPlayer as deafult. When i start i MKV it starts with DSPlayer directly.

Any more suggestions? I've always managed to google information and solutions, but right now I'm stuck.

When i press C and chose play movie with DSPlayer it works great, so i probably should be able to make DSPlayer as deafult for *.iso? Or is there a reason for xbmc to chose the regular player for these files?

I can confirm that XBMC does not follow the rules for .iso files for any external players in Frodo 12.3. I can think of no reason since they play fine using the Play Using... menu option. Can anyone confirm that this is the case for external players with .iso files in Gotham?

I don't currently have a Gotham build installed and submitting a ticket for a bug in Frodo is unlikely to get much attention. If it also is an issue in Gotham, then a ticket can be submitted that this is unexpected behavior.
AS far as i know, u don't need to write a rule for DSPlayer in this build, since u can stablish DSPlayer as the default player from the XBMC GUI itself.
Anyway, the format for any rule in playercorefactory is as follows:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetype="iso" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I only wrote the rules section, playercorefactory.xml of course have more lines there. The example shows it for MPC-HC player to play the iso, u can put the player u want, in that case u have to type here the name u declared for the player in the section players, of the xml.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-02-20, 16:24)vicmanpergar Wrote: AS far as i know, u don't need to write a rule for DSPlayer in this build, since u can stablish DSPlayer as the default player from the XBMC GUI itself.
Anyway, the format for any rule in playercorefactory is as follows:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetype="iso" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I only wrote the rules section, playercorefactory.xml of course have more lines there. The example shows it for MPC-HC player to play the iso, u can put the player u want, in that case u have to type here the name u declared for the player in the section players, of the xml.

Ahhh... Thanks. It was the prepend action which fixed it. It's not exactly clear to me when the situation requires a prepended action versus an appended action.

Quoting the wiki:
Quote: Appended rules will take precedence over default players (i.e. DVDPlayer for video and PAPlayer for audio) but not over XBMCs builtin rules. [needs better/more complete explanation]
It seems that it is recognized that this isn't clear. Even though the appended rule should have superceded the default player, there must be a builtin rule for .iso files.
(2014-02-20, 11:37)steelman1991 Wrote: Your first problem is there is no MadVR support for starters - but you already knew that lol. So with that in mind - what other filters do you want to use. If its LAV, they will need to be installed and the mediasconfig file amended to have them as preferred splitter/decoders.

I think the default is AVSplitter - check out the first post for confirmation.

woah what ! wait , no madvr support yet? , god damned it and i was hoping after all this time tiben and madshi wouldve finished integrating it even thou the xbmc devs was against it due to theyre method being not "clean" enough , this is a major deal breaker then , still have to use external player then i guess , a damn shame for sure Sad

btw all other filters such as lav are installed as can be taken from the previous video setup guide by ranpha ive linked too

someone should notify the current dev on dsplayer builds to integrate madvr , its just something i cant do without, im gona go and send a pm to madshi and see if hes still interested in helping out not sure if tiben is still available but ill send him one as well , who knows we might get the old crew back together , wishful thinking perhaps , but worth a try, xbmc deserves some lovin for sure
Good luck with that!!!
(2014-02-20, 17:44)steelman1991 Wrote: Good luck with that!!!
Maybe donations could help Smile
well ive gotten a reply from madshi , now lets see what tiben has to offer , i hope we can get something worked out here

(2014-02-20, 18:24)madshi Wrote: Looking at that thread it does not seem as if there's any xbmc/dsplayer dev interested in adding madVR support. Of course I'm available to help out with information, or custom interfaces in madVR, if there's any need/interest. But I don't have the resources to do actual xbmc/dsplayer development.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8