• 55(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
have you got a recent tutorial for the installation of dsplayer and madvr and all others Huh?
i've gave it a try but no luck, some off my mkv doesn't read and madvr seems to not install in my system !!!
(2014-03-28, 14:48)Ed76 Wrote: hi aracnoz,
at first i want to say thanks for your work on dsplayer and especially for your work on the pvr-part. the only thing i really miss is the jump forward/back option within live tv (timeshift). do you know why this isnt working? it seems the seeking/searching (30 seconds) doesnt work. do you also use the pvr part of xbmc dsplayer or does you have a pvr equipment for testing?

Unfortunately I do not have much time to dedicate to the project DSPlayer

you can not imagine how exhausting it's work on a project like DSPlayer, you continue thinking all day about how to solve the last problem that came out, too much for me

if someone else wants to take over my latest github source for changes or improvements, or would like to start over from the last release of eduard k. because you think that my work is not so good, he can feel free to do so, DSPlayer does not have an owner, all are free of work as they believe, of course my huge admiration goes to tiben20 and who with him has created DSPlayer for the first time

I can only imagine how much work you had to do

I do not want to disappoint anyone, I will continue to work to bring DSPlayer until the final release of gotham, but I can not work on any improvement

p.s.

gotham beta3 it's out i've updated my links

ciauzz
hi aracnoz,
this was just a question, no command. its absolutly understandable if you havent the time for improvements...
Thanks aracnoz, you are already doing much more than what we could have expected just a few weeks ago.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@ed76: hos fast Are your swiching times with timesats enabled in dsplayer version? When i use dvbviewer rekorden service as backend it is alment 20 seconds..

@aracnoz: your work with dsplayer is VERY appreciated and the same goes for Tiben20. I Will wait for the final release before updating both my server and clients. As of now im still using old 12.0 so looking forward to try the new releaseSmile
Just a noob question:
What is the benefit of using the DSplayer build? What will be better?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Has anyone gotten rar files to play on the latest XBMC 12 builds? They don't work for me. Haven't tried any of the Gotham builds yet.
(2014-04-02, 17:30)StinDaWg Wrote: Has anyone gotten rar files to play on the latest XBMC 12 builds? They don't work for me. Haven't tried any of the Gotham builds yet.
no it won't work, when the russian developer took over the project he modified the filter loading system and he didn't kept the file source filter i written to handle the compressed files. It's a big piece of work and i don't really want to do it once again.

(2014-04-02, 09:39)sualfred Wrote: Just a noob question:
What is the benefit of using the DSplayer build? What will be better?
It's just to use windows codec instead of built in codecs. If your not really familiar with what directshow can do you won't see much benefit
@Bjur,
20 secondes switching time with timeshift enabled is normal with dvbviewer backend.and it doesnt matter if you use xbmcs dvdplayer or dsplayer. its because dvbviewer recordingservice doesnt support timeshift like the other tv backends do ( the timeshift option in the xbmc plugin seems to work in another way than other tv backend does, it seems there is a kind of "workaround" because the backend itself doesnt support timeshift). if you want shorter switching times and perfect timeshift (and you use windows) i recommend argustv or mediaportal backend. both are for free, working very stable (for me) and switching time with margos patch is 1 second with dvdplayer and 2-3 seconds with dsplayer.

and another thing: i doubt you are using dsplayer with option timeshift enabled. are you really sure? press "o" to check. normally the rules i posted should only work if you disable the timeshift option in dvbviewer plugin....
Hi just a quick question, what patch was responsible for "Native iMON support" ? Couldnt get my imon to work without ugly third party apps any other way, now i have Gotham beta3 and my IMON doesnt work at all.
(2014-04-06, 18:20)Dinth Wrote: Hi just a quick question, what patch was responsible for "Native iMON support" ? Couldnt get my imon to work without ugly third party apps any other way, now i have Gotham beta3 and my IMON doesnt work at all.

To put it shot: there is no such 'patch' from end-user's perspective. AFAIK, the support is (was?) integrated into the base code.
gotham beta4 it's out

all links are updated

ciauz
Thanks aracnoz!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Wink 
Thanks aracnoz!

Have been using the previous build with vsfilter for a while without any problems, but in the other day I noticed a small bug.

Using vsfilter, when going to the OSD menu > selecting the "Audio" menu icon > then use the "Browse for Subtitle" dialog, the selected subtitle don't load.

It's not a big deal and I only noticed because I misnamed a subtitle file and then tried to load it manually without going to the PC, but I think I should report it anyway.

Thanks for all the effort on DSPlayer!
It'll be awesome to get a xbmc displayer build with Margo's fast channel change PVR branch
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8