• 88(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I watched a movie yesterday on my main PC with madVR and DSPlayer. I wasn't that bothered by the menu lag at all and things looked pretty good. Testing other content before going to bed led to several crashes, however. I think these crashes have something to do with fullscreen exclusive mode being used, but I could be wrong.

So, I'd warn others who are ardent madVR users to install the DSPlayer integration, but keep your external player as a primary player until the remaining bugs are fixed. I am playing content by using "Play using," "DSPlayer."
I experienced few crashes but most of the time it works fine. In my test one thing I found that if enable "auto adjust display refresh rate" I need to raise this value more when use MadVR. Usually when use EVR I set this around 2.6 seconds for my TV. But with MadVR I need to raise this to 4++ seconds. It lessen the crashes or blackscreen bugs I encountered with MadVR.

And MadVR refresh rate change doesn't work without this option disable. You need both options enale in Kodi & MadVR to make it works.
(2015-03-28, 20:57)oldpoem Wrote: I experienced few crashes but most of the time it works fine. In my test one thing I found that if enable "auto adjust display refresh rate" I need to raise this value more when use MadVR. Usually when use EVR I set this around 2.6 seconds for my TV. But with MadVR I need to raise this to 4++ seconds. It lessen the crashes or blackscreen bugs I encountered with MadVR.

And MadVR refresh rate change doesn't work without this option disable. You need both options enale in Kodi & MadVR to make it works.

You should let madVR do the refresh rate switching instead. All you have to do is list the display modes available for your TV, and madVR will do the switching based on the refresh rate of the content.
The problems i had were all with exclusive mode almost for sure....
Also, ReClock was failing too for me using exclusive mode...
And there was something weird with the refresh rates, not sure what....
Anyway, if u start to change things, u will end up not knowing for sure what's going wrong, and will need to reinstall every software as i did, lol
Anyway, it's looking pretty good. Smile
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-03-28, 22:54)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 20:57)oldpoem Wrote: I experienced few crashes but most of the time it works fine. In my test one thing I found that if enable "auto adjust display refresh rate" I need to raise this value more when use MadVR. Usually when use EVR I set this around 2.6 seconds for my TV. But with MadVR I need to raise this to 4++ seconds. It lessen the crashes or blackscreen bugs I encountered with MadVR.

You should let madVR do the refresh rate switching instead. All you have to do is list the display modes available for your TV, and madVR will do the switching based on the refresh rate of the content.

You need Kodi option enable for live stream which handled by DVDPlayer. So I'd say you needs to enable both. The TV changes mode fine without inputing any modes in madvr settings.

For more clarification, I didn't input any modes in madvr settings just enable it but with kodi option enable, tv changes mode fine. So I when I disable kodi option to test. TV didn't change modes probably because I didn't input any in MadVR settings. So seem like this settings in MadVR is not needed much because Kodi did changed TV mode when media started. You just need madvr option to be enable though.
(2015-03-28, 22:57)vicmanpergar Wrote: The problems i had were all with exclusive mode almost for sure....
Also, ReClock was failing too for me using exclusive mode...
And there was something weird with the refresh rates, not sure what....
Anyway, if u start to change things, u will end up not knowing for sure what's going wrong, and will need to reinstall every software as i did, lol
Anyway, it's looking pretty good. Smile

ReClock is working fine for me. I'm tired of discussing this software and would like to actually watch some content. I found a couple of things that I will send to aracnoz for bug fixing.
Thanks once again to aracnoz on his awesome effort to being madvr to DSPlayer, and of course, thanks also to madshi for the madvr itself!

From what I tried, on a normal usage from selecting something to watch, occasional pause/play, changing language etc, worked without a problem.
The small delay on the OSD menu, doesn't bother much when using the remote control, but apparently it's kinda hard to control using the mouse.
The only time it crashed on me, was when I tried to navigate to the home screen while the video was playing in the background...

But I just noted something:

The build-in screenshot from Kodi doesn't seem to be working when using madvr, and the file created has 0 kb (and probably related to this, the bookmark thumbnail also get broken when using madvr).
Apparently the key shortcut is ctrl+s (on a X360 remote + Xbox360EventClient.exe it's the L3/LeftThumb click). On the main menu or when using EVR, the screenshot function works.

The chapter names isn't showing up in the recent builds on DSPlayer (on the top-left on default skin OSD menu).
If I try to use DVDPlayer, the chapter names are there: "Chapter XX/YY - (Some mkv chapter name)", but when using dsplayer, it's showing only "Chapter XX/YY".
I still have the last version with "XBMC" brand name on another folder, and I tried on it and the chapter name is displayed on both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer.
Both versions where using the chain: Haali Source + LAV Splitter + LAV Video/Audio + FFDraw + xy-VSFilter.
Could someone confirm it's a DSPlayer issue and not a local configuration issue?

About the ffdshow raw filter, personally, for me it's mostly necessary due the way that xy-vsfilter works right now, because with ffdraw, the subs can be printed on the already 1080p/upscaled video.
If I use only madvr to upscale, the subs is being printed on the SD video first and then will be upscaled alongside with the video, making it really blurry...

Anyway, once again, really thanks to your guys effort on this nice piece of software.
Thank you very much! Nod
guys today I did some quick test and i made some improvements in playstart and playstop, because for now this it's the only one important thing

the speed to execute and to stop seems very similar to evr now but sometimes there are some problem to start properly with the exclusive mode and change refresh

we have to try the two combinations...

change refresh only by kodi
change refresh only by madVR

and then see how are the results

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oj0d5p..._madvr.rar

ciauz
I have an interesting problem with madVR version: When I pause a movie for some time my gpu fans start to noise, obviously there's high load on the gpu. This doesn't happen during playback.
Is anyone experiencing crashes when pressing up (chapter skip) with mp4 files? This happens with any renderer, EVR or madVR. The correct filters load, but I get a black screen and have to exit. This only happens with mp4 files.
(2015-03-28, 05:59)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 03:28)hentai23 Wrote: so it would seem , aracnoz and madshi seems like theres more work to be done bros , from what i gather up till now , a few things :

1. kodi gui sluggish as all hell during playback no matter what prebuffer frames amount is set to, this is gona need some teamwork between madshi and aracnoz its a tough nut to crack since ive noticed this also happening in potplayer , its onscreen gui is also sluggish its something about how madvr works with gui elements apparently that needs fixing

2. xysubfilter support , as of currently is not working ,i set it as subfilter in filters, nothing shows up and nothing shows up in the loaded filters section either

3. add support for madvrs pixel shader feature like in potplayer aka post-resize and pre-resize options

thanks

and about x64 builds, no x64 build after all these years of xbmc aka kodi ? thats odd indeed

You might have to wait for a future version of madVR. It's currently version 0.87 and madshi has mentioned it is not yet feature complete (not yet a 1.0). But it could be something simple.

i hope it is , would be great to have these issues including random dsplayer build crashes as others reported fixed
I have two questions when using dsplayer but first i like to thank @aracnoz and other guys for madVR + Kodi. I can remember i read in the past someone said madVR and XBMC will never happen. You prove them wrong.
Thanks a lot for your hard work. I appreciate that.

I have 2 direct sound output devices (my tv over hdmi and my usb wireless headphone). Sometimes i like to switch to my headphones. In kodi and dsplayer setup i switch to direct sound logitech wirless headphone and start
a movie with dsplayer. The sound still outputs from my tv. If i start the movie with the dvdplayer the sound outputs in my headphones.
Any clue whats wrong?

If i disable use exclusive mode for madVR in dsplayer setup is it possible to switch kodi to use real fullscreen instead of fullscreen window? If i play a movie with dvdplayer i often have heavy tearing.
@aracnoz

thanks for the build, I will try it.... The refresh rate is correct for me here, but i have to check which method i have, or if i have both.

@_Andy_

Lol... well, i was ONE of the guys thinking it would never happen (it really seemed so, after several times it was tried and abandoned). And i'm very happy i was wrong.

Edit:
Btw, i have Jinc3+AR (had nneid3 and it was perfect but HTPC became noisy), i have 0 dropped frames, but i do have repeated frames.... Anyone knows how to interpret this? should i care? Are they important?
The video looks smooth.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-03-29, 22:11)_Andy_ Wrote: I have two questions when using dsplayer but first i like to thank @aracnoz and other guys for madVR + Kodi. I can remember i read in the past someone said madVR and XBMC will never happen. You prove them wrong.
Thanks a lot for your hard work. I appreciate that.

I have 2 direct sound output devices (my tv over hdmi and my usb wireless headphone). Sometimes i like to switch to my headphones. In kodi and dsplayer setup i switch to direct sound logitech wirless headphone and start
a movie with dsplayer. The sound still outputs from my tv. If i start the movie with the dvdplayer the sound outputs in my headphones.
Any clue whats wrong?

If i disable use exclusive mode for madVR in dsplayer setup is it possible to switch kodi to use real fullscreen instead of fullscreen window? If i play a movie with dvdplayer i often have heavy tearing.

If you disable fullscreen exclusive mode and uncheck the fullscreen window option, Kodi will use a fullscreen and madVR will play in windowed mode. This should not cause any conflict.
(2015-03-29, 22:53)vicmanpergar Wrote: @aracnoz

thanks for the build, I will try it.... The refresh rate is correct for me here, but i have to check which method i have, or if i have both.

@_Andy_

Lol... well, i was ONE of the guys thinking it would never happen (it really seemed so, after several times it was tried and abandoned). And i'm very happy i was wrong.

Edit:
Btw, i have Jinc3+AR (had nneid3 and it was perfect but HTPC became noisy), i have 0 dropped frames, but i do have repeated frames.... Anyone knows how to interpret this? should i care? Are they important?
The video looks smooth.

The repeated frames sound odd. But if your eyes say everything is fine, I wouldn't worry about.

Does this happen while navigating or stopping or starting the movie? Because this is normal. The counters for presentation glitches and dropped frames should not increase during continuous playback and the rendering queue must remain below 41 ms at all times.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8