• 4(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
The wiki says that my XBMC clients that you want to sync have to use the same exact version of XBMC. I have an OUYA and it requires a libstagefright build to work well. I run v12.2 on my main HTPC. Is there anyway I can get these devices to sync? Or do I just have to wait until the libstagefright stuff is merged into stable XBMC?
(2013-06-16, 16:48)lorddunlow Wrote: The wiki says that my XBMC clients that you want to sync have to use the same exact version of XBMC. I have an OUYA and it requires a libstagefright build to work well. I run v12.2 on my main HTPC. Is there anyway I can get these devices to sync? Or do I just have to wait until the libstagefright stuff is merged into stable XBMC?

I believe as long as they are both still using the same database name, it will be ok. Most of the time, if it's all in the same series (12.0, 12.1, 12.2, ..., 12.x, etc), it will work.
Correct, as long as they all use the same DB version. Even some Gotham builds can be used without issue with v12.x (up to Alpha 2 for music, video is good still at Alpha 4. See table at Monthly builds (wiki)).
Sorry guys, I've been trying for the last few days to get this to work, but keep getting them same error. I've followed the guides all the way through, but it seems the same error keeps coming up.

I've installed the MySQL (version 5.5.3.2) server on my WIndows 7 desktop. The library works fine with the MySQL database on that machine. However, when I try to run XBMC on my MacBook or iOS device using the same advancedsettings.xml file. I get the same :

Code:
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.3' (60))

Can anyone give me some advice as to what needs to be done or point me to the right direction?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29575

Thanks!!!
(2013-06-18, 22:43)JOEJOETHEJOEY Wrote: Sorry guys, I've been trying for the last few days to get this to work, but keep getting them same error. I've followed the guides all the way through, but it seems the same error keeps coming up.

I've installed the MySQL (version 5.5.3.2) server on my WIndows 7 desktop. The library works fine with the MySQL database on that machine. However, when I try to run XBMC on my MacBook or iOS device using the same advancedsettings.xml file. I get the same :

Code:
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.3' (60))

Can anyone give me some advice as to what needs to be done or point me to the right direction?

Thanks!!!

Did you set up your Windows firewall to allow access from outside the computer?
If that still doesn't work:
Also I'm assuming that while installing MySQL, you selected that you wanted it to have network access.
(2013-06-19, 00:06)ivanmmj Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 22:43)JOEJOETHEJOEY Wrote: Sorry guys, I've been trying for the last few days to get this to work, but keep getting them same error. I've followed the guides all the way through, but it seems the same error keeps coming up.

Code:

Thanks!!!

Did you set up your Windows firewall to allow access from outside the computer?
If that still doesn't work:
Also I'm assuming that while installing MySQL, you selected that you wanted it to have network access.

Thanks.

Yeh, I set both inbound and outbound exceptions. In fact I've had the firewall switched off altogether including adding the exceptions.

Yup, set root access for network.

How can I test if I can actually connect to the MySQL database from another machine?
Download any mysql client. HEIDISQL if on Windows or something.
Thanks. Just tried and turns out I can't connect to MySQL at all from any of the other machines.

I've turned off Windows Firewall altogether now but still can't connect. What else could be blocking off the connection?
Are you sure all devices are on the same IP subnet?
Yes, they are all on same subnet.

Main MySQL server is on 192.168.0.3.
I have a MacBook on 192.168.0.13
A Vista laptop on 192.168.0.9
My iPad is on 192.168.0.19
My iPhone is on 192.168.0.17

All have the same problem of being unable to connect to the database and hence hangs on the XBMC logo.
On the MySQL server open a command prompt and type
Code:
netstat –a –n | findstr 3306

You should see a line similar to
Code:
192.168.0.3:3306 or
0.0.0.0:3306

if you only see
Code:
127.0.0.1:3306
then you did not configure your mysql server to offer the service on the network, but only local. This is set by default and needs to be changed in the mysql config as explained in the wiki.

From any machine you can test by opening a command prompt and
Code:
telnet 192.168.0.3 3306
and after that press <enter> a few times.
This will connect you to the mysql server and should give back a line stating the version of the server.

source: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/c...erver.html
Thanks for the info guys.

Embarrassingly, I had my ESET firewall blocking the connection. Sad Added a rule and all is well now.
Hi

Do the 2 setups of xbmc have to be the exact same version? My main box is 12.2 and my gbox is running 12.0.

Thanks

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
(2013-06-23, 10:04)matt77303 Wrote: Hi

Do the 2 setups of xbmc have to be the exact same version? My main box is 12.2 and my gbox is running 12.0.

Thanks

Matt

That will work.
Thanks
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2