• 22(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Hi all, I could use some help. I am using mariadb on a Sinology 1511+. I have it all running fine with one issue,

I have 2 fresh kodi installs on 2 different units, so after I setup my DB I add my sources to install #1 and let it populate the DB using loacl information. Everything goes fine and it finds all 3000 of my movies.
So I go to instal #2 and add my advanced setting and sources. My sources connect via NFS. Everything works fine except when I do a library update and it starts adding all my movies over again as duplicates. Please if anyone has any ideas!
Do you use the same paths on both machine
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
yes same paths like this -> nfs:192.168.1.100/volume1/Media/Movies
a) You don't need to run an update on #2, but doing so obviously shouldn't create duplicates (it shouldn't have added anything)

b) If a scan creates duplicates, it's because the paths used by the second scan are different to the first. Look at both paths for a single movie that has been duplicated and spot the difference.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
So when is the MySQL options going to be in Kodi itself? Or has someone already done an addon for it?
I would really like to figure out profiles. I want a kids profile to seperate all the Ice Princess type stuff from my regular database in mysql. I tried a profile with its own advancedsettings file that was just a blank file other than

<advancedsettings>

</advancedsettings>

Worked fine. So I figured now I'll create a database in mysql named "kids_video" . Then added the needed mysql lines to advancedsettings file mentioned above in kids profile. Ran a library update and ended up seeing the movies in my regular library too. Also mysql created "kids_video90". I did include the <name> in advancedsettings. I guess kodi added the 90 in mysql. So I dumped the profile and cleared the database and gave up. All is back to normal with just the master profile and me with a sad face ?
I would also like figure this out. I would like to have 6 profiles for 6 different users on 10-15 devices, so everyone can keep track of their watched movies.

I am using unRAID as my server and KODI-Headless docker from sparklyballs.
Default profile is working, but I need to set up 5 more.

Is this even possible? So that I will knot, if I shall keep trying or not...
(2015-03-20, 19:46)bad_vlad Wrote: Hi all, I could use some help. I am using mariadb on a Sinology 1511+. I have it all running fine with one issue,

I have 2 fresh kodi installs on 2 different units, so after I setup my DB I add my sources to install #1 and let it populate the DB using loacl information. Everything goes fine and it finds all 3000 of my movies.
So I go to instal #2 and add my advanced setting and sources. My sources connect via NFS. Everything works fine except when I do a library update and it starts adding all my movies over again as duplicates. Please if anyone has any ideas!

I had something simple to this. I set up my first PI and it worked fine, I have to do a context update for all my TV Shows "bit of a pain" but I was happy to do so, just so that I can populate MySQL database.

I then when and created a PC kodi so that I can watch the movies on my computer. I added the same reference paths from my PI to my PC and for some reason, my PC is not showing any movies or TV shows, but the PC is happy to do a context update, and at the moment I can't find were it is dumping the information.

so my question would be, can you use the same Advancesettings.xls file for both platforms ?
Here's what I do...

After you get your database installed, setup Kodi sources to your NAS video/music folders on one machine. All other devices DO NOT setup any sources. If you use an advanced settings file that just points to your database and maybe to a shared favorites.xml file (I put my favorites.xml on the NAS) you can share the advancedsettings.xml file between devices with different OSs. Like an Android TV device and a PC. I can update the library from any device that uses the database and NOT get duplicates. Remember that Gotham, Helix and Isengard all use DIFFERENT names for the database and you can not share between the different versions.

i.e. If you share they must all use Helix.

If you want one device on a different version of Kodi just don't use an advancedsettings.xml file or you'll find you have 2 different databases on the machine running the database.

I use Zotac Zboxes and a couple Android devices all use Kodi Helix. MySQL is setup on one of the Zboxes. That Zbox has sources defined in Kodi and runs MySQL. NO OTHER devices have any sources defined in Kodi.

My Advancedsettings.xml file

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.67</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.67</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
    <from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.1.92/Public/Software/XBMC DATA/favourites.xml</to>
  </substitute>

</pathsubstitution>

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>
Just a heads up. I was using MySQL 5.7.5 m15 without problems up until recently, but after upgrading to MySQL 5.7.7 rc, Kodi had database issues. Everything seems to be working okay, but I saw that when I have a TV show with, let's say three seasons with thirteen unwatched eps per season, it would say 1/13 instead of 0/13. That was my first clue something was wrong, after that I noticed I can't clean the db anymore. Clean install of 5.7.7 rc had the same issue, so now I'm back to the GA version of 5.6.24. It's still rebuilding the database, but after checking the seasons info, it seems okay again.

Is there medication for compulsive update disorder?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Yeah, keep updating stuff! Wink
So, I have a Windows server with 12TB of storage and a BUNCH of TV shows with fanart, banners, nfo, etc. I recently did a full database wipe after a Windows upgrade and I'm in the process of rebuilding my database/library. My issue is that it's soooo slow. It wasn't bad the first time, but my library has grown immensely since I first set up MySQL. Would it be possible to set all of my sources as SMB/ETC/ETC/ETC and scan them without having MySQL running and then when the scan is finished, have MySQL update in bulk? Kodi + MySQL is really taxing my processor. I'd really like to just be able to set up my sources, scan them, and THEN run MySQL and allow it to update the database, but I'm not sure if that would work without breaking things.

EDIT: Well it appears that that's not possible..bummer
Morning folks,

I have MySQL up and running between two boxes and it works really well but if I need to browse a source (on the second box) for something that a scraper didn't recognise I don't have that source in Video > Files on my second box that just had the advanced settings.xml file added to it.

Is there a way to add these sources on the second machine without creating duplicate entries in the database please? I did have a search but wasn't 100% sure I have used the correct terminology so apologies if this is staring me in the face!
Just copy the sources.xml file from the first box to the .kodi/userdata folder on the second box. If you're using password-protected smb sources you may also need to copy passwords.xml.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse, easy when you know how!
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2