• 23(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Hey, I've got a few raspberries connected to a db in MySQL.
I'd like to know if it's possible to make a second db.
For example, if I watch a movie it gets marked as "seen". For my room mate, seeing the list of movies he's not seen, the movie won't show up as "not seen."
Is it possible to change what names kodi gives to the databases?
Eg: mymusicJB
MymoviesJB
(2015-05-19, 13:39)Eskalibur Wrote: Hey, I've got a few raspberries connected to a db in MySQL.
I'd like to know if it's possible to make a second db.
For example, if I watch a movie it gets marked as "seen". For my room mate, seeing the list of movies he's not seen, the movie won't show up as "not seen."
Is it possible to change what names kodi gives to the databases?
Eg: mymusicJB
MymoviesJB

I would put the following reference in your AdvanceSetting.xls

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>MyVideosJB</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>MyVideosJB</name>
</musicdatabase>

and do the same for the other person, but call it something different, this will create a second DB in your SQL Database
can someone help...

i have exported my movies from my laptop and those movies have been added to my wifes computer!! so now how do i get them talking to each other ? if i pause on one so i can resume on the other?

cheers
(2015-06-01, 13:00)damire80 Wrote: can someone help...

i have exported my movies from my laptop and those movies have been added to my wifes computer!! so now how do i get them talking to each other ? if i pause on one so i can resume on the other?

cheers

That's exactly what a central database does for you. You make sure all media is accessible from all computers via shares/unc paths, scan those into a mysql database and connect your kodi client to that mysql database. Just follow the guide.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
yeah i realize that is what it does! but they are not talking to each other... that is why i am asking what haven't i done?
Pause won't set a resume point. You must stop the video in order for a resume point to be created.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-06-02, 08:47)Dilligaf Wrote: Pause won't set a resume point. You must stop the video in order for a resume point to be created.

I meant to mention that Big Grin

(2015-06-02, 08:41)damire80 Wrote: yeah i realize that is what it does! but they are not talking to each other... that is why i am asking what haven't i done?

Make sure your sources.xml, password.xml (passwords.xml?) and the advancedsettings.xml contain the same values.
What OS('es) are you using? I'm using windows, kodibuntu, openelec and android without any problems. Can you access your shares from all clients? If so, what does the log say about the database? Maybe you have a firewall issue? Before starting a mysql setup, your network needs to be in order.

(2015-06-02, 08:41)damire80 Wrote: yeah i realize that is what it does! but they are not talking to each other... that is why i am asking what haven't i done?

How about a list of EXACTLY what you HAVE done?

The way I'm reading things it sounds like you copied the movies from one PC to another. The idea behind using MySQL is to have the movies/videos in ONE location. Like a shared folder on a PC or a NAS device.

I found this article very helpful when I set mine up a couple years ago. Keep in mind the basics will work but MySQL has been updated. You could probably install 5.5 and get it going and then update MySQL...
no i haven't just copied movies from one computer to another.... i set up MySQL when i add a library one my main computer there are then accessible on all my other devices that i have add the advancedsettings.xml, but its not allowing me to start something on one device then continue watching on another
(2015-06-03, 08:10)damire80 Wrote: no i haven't just copied movies from one computer to another.... i set up MySQL when i add a library one my main computer there are then accessible on all my other devices that i have add the advancedsettings.xml, but its not allowing me to start something on one device then continue watching on another

If you start watching a video on one install then STOP the video (NOT PAUSE) you should then be able to select the same video on another install and you will be prompted to resume from xxx or restart from beginning. . In your previous post you said you paused on the first machine, does it work if you STOP??
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-06-03, 08:33)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 08:10)damire80 Wrote: no i haven't just copied movies from one computer to another.... i set up MySQL when i add a library one my main computer there are then accessible on all my other devices that i have add the advancedsettings.xml, but its not allowing me to start something on one device then continue watching on another

If you start watching a video on one install then STOP the video (NOT PAUSE) you should then be able to select the same video on another install and you will be prompted to resume from xxx or restart from beginning. . In your previous post you said you paused on the first machine, does it work if you STOP??

When using the same MySQL database, yes.

ok sorry i tried stop and no it doesn't work.....
Im trying to recall (and I could be wrong), but I think a trick might be that you need to have System>Video>File Lists>Default Select Action set to: "Choose" in order to be presented with the option to "Resume" in the situation where you try to start playing the video again on another device?

Try it and see if it helps. Certainly on my previous mySQL setup it all worked for me, and yes I also confirm that you must stop the video in order for a resume point to be created.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-06-03, 12:16)jmh2002 Wrote: Im trying to recall (and I could be wrong), but I think a trick might be that you need to have System>Video>File Lists>Default Select Action set to: "Choose" in order to be presented with the option to "Resume" in the situation where you try to start playing the video again on another device?

Try it and see if it helps. Certainly on my previous mySQL setup it all worked for me, and yes I also confirm that you must stop the video in order for a resume point to be created.

Not saying you're wrong, but I get the "Resume"/"Start from beginning" options when I have Play as the "Default Select Action" (now starting to wonder if I should...)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ok good, I wasnt sure because I was trying to remember back to my first mySQL setup with Eden! Big Grin
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2