• 27(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
5.5.46 should work with stable releases, yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-02, 16:15)Milhouse Wrote: 5.5.46 should work with stable releases, yes.

5.5.46 or 5.6.x? Not sure if you mistyped that...
Either, I'm using 5.6.x no problems with it and 15.2
Thanks for sharing. It would be great to share thumbnails. I understand that thumbnail libraries can grow rapidly over time. Right now I am swamped but will try to take a look at it. But my preference would still be local management of thumbnails which will greatly help with performance and interface fluidity. How does thumbnail sharing perform on your Windows setup? But definitely worth trying.
(2015-12-03, 15:50)Concestly Wrote: Thanks for sharing. It would be great to share thumbnails.

No, it really wouldn't.

Thumbnails are a local resource for a very good reason - performance mainly, but also the potentially different hardware characteristics of each client which makes sharing a single cached thumbnail between multiple disparate clients impossible at worst, undesirable at best.

(2015-12-03, 15:50)Concestly Wrote: I understand that thumbnail libraries can grow rapidly over time. Right now I am swamped but will try to take a look at it. But my preference would still be local management of thumbnails which will greatly help with performance and interface fluidity.

There are scripts and addons that can help you keep on top of Texture Cache bloat. Scheduling the script in my sig to run monthly and "prune" the cache of each client should keep things in check. Run it more frequently if you find it's still a problem.

(2015-12-03, 15:50)Concestly Wrote: How does thumbnail sharing perform on your Windows setup? But definitely worth trying.

Don't even waste your time trying.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I use this addon for texture maintenance. I just run it every now and then, i.e. after deleting a bunch of stuff.

Don't know if it's still the case, but xbmc used to be a black hole for textures. All images it processed, even local ones (never understood that one), were cached in the thumbnail cache.
The only (?) exclusion is the skin folder. Those images aren't cached. That's why I have symlinks for my conditional weather and my pictures (30GB+) to prevent massive growth of my textures folder.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Has anyone tried keeping their MySQL database on AWS? I'm running OSMC/Isengard on a Raspberry Pi 2 and I set up an Amazon RDS instance (which gives me better reliability, snapshots, etc). However, in Kodi, the metadata and thumbnails don't show up. I ran Update Library and I see the scraper recognizing my files, but it doesn't stick. (I have all necessary privileges on the database.)
debug log (wiki) ?
Ok so I'm ready for a Jarvis upgrade.... Anything concerning the use of MySql I need to do or is it just plug and play?
Plug and play. Just be aware the migration might take several minutes, so if it appears as though Kodi is stuck on a black screen just wait and don't switch off/shutdown. There's been a report of it taking 75 minutes to complete the migration.
There is a problem with some table definitions that makes the upgrade super slow, I'm not a MySql expert but see here https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/database-mys...u=dilligaf
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Ok Thanks for the info! We'll see what happens today when I upgrade!

I think I'll move the BI320 from the TV to the PC monitor for this so Momma doesn't get her binge watching of MeTV interrupted. Smile
(2016-02-24, 03:02)Dilligaf Wrote: There is a problem with some table definitions that makes the upgrade super slow, I'm not a MySql expert but see here https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/database-mys...u=dilligaf

I didn't notice a slowdown during the upgrade, but I'm on MySQL 5.7.11 and Kodi 16 now and it 'feels' a little slower. When Kodi starts, my database takes a few seconds to load (I have videodb stats in my main menu, and it stays blank for a about 4-5 secs). Did both upgrades at the same time, so I can't tell what causes it. Could be MySQL, or Kodi, or Aeon Nox, which was also upgraded to a new version.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Yup I'm using Aeon Nox Silvo it is a little slow on my Android boxes (RK3188s) but works OK on my BI320s and PCs.

Database migrated fine and quick, less than 5 minutes it was done. So now I guess i'll drop the old databases from MySql as all the stuff here is on Jarvis Wink
I'm trying to setup MySQL (mariaDB 5.5.44 on a QNAP-system) with Kodi v16 (Jarvis) running on a MacBook. I followed every step in the setup procedure.
1. Exported my library, so that .nfo files are created in all directories that are on my QNAP-system;
2. Created the Kodi user and password in MySQL;
3. Created the advancedsettings.xml and putting that in the right place on my MacBook;
4. Started Kodi on MacBook, and library was empty (which is ok);
5. Rescanned my sources, to import all .nfo files into my MySQL-database (it scans every source, like it always does!);
6. When I start using Kodi after scans finished no movies or tv-shows are showing;
7. I checked MySQL, MyVideo's table is there, and it holds all the data!;

But nothing is showing, can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Regards,

Roland
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2