• 30(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2017-02-13, 15:37)Dennisreneholm Wrote: Might be the easiest now, but that still means i have to do it manuel "everytime" there is an update, which i would rather not.

Then permanently set up the xbmc (or m3dia) account as all the guides tell you to, as that works. I can understand you wanting to restrict privileges to the minimum but unless you know what you are doing it's only going to cause problems.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-13, 15:37)Dennisreneholm Wrote: I don't see a menu that says global, or administration.
Really? You don't see the first screenshot YOU postedHuh
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Not embarrassing at all!

jesus christ xD

I'll grant the user SUPER, and try to run the upgrade process again!
Kodi is the best HTPC software i know.
I've been using it since Dharma<3

Yaaaas!

the SUPER privilige did the trick i think, it looks fine now Smile

Thanks alot guys!
Kodi is the best HTPC software i know.
I've been using it since Dharma<3

Hi everyone,

for now i am totally lost in this case, i tried to set up my system with mysql database but nothing works
the system:
kodi 16.1 (FireTV)
kodi 16.1 (MBP)
mysql/mariadb (synology)

i had create the advanced file.xml and source.xml, these had ben copied to the right folders, but it does not sync anything (and finaly i can not open any content on my macbook)
i would like to extend this system with two fire tv stick more but first i'd like to fix the base

anyone could help me?
thank you
Did you follow the steps in the wiki ?
Do you got a full debug log (wiki) ?
You need to add the first time your library so it fills the mysql database.
When that's done then you can use the other devices.
So start with1 device if that works you can go to the next device.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Hello, I'm new here and I need a little help.
I my house I have Amazon tv, android box, android phone which mainly using out home and a pc with win10. I seput mysql from freenas and create advancesettings and that bit working great is just when I include I that file change location for sources and other part of kodi android devices and Amazons kodi crashes on start up but pc handle this perfectly. What do I need to do. Please help. Thanks
(2017-03-30, 16:04)mihu15 Wrote: Hello, I'm new here and I need a little help.
I my house I have Amazon tv, android box, android phone which mainly using out home and a pc with win10. I seput mysql from freenas and create advancesettings and that bit working great is just when I include I that file change location for sources and other part of kodi android devices and Amazons kodi crashes on start up but pc handle this perfectly. What do I need to do. Please help. Thanks

Can you ping servers's ip from the amazon stick ?
Image Image
On Amazon tv in ES Explorer I connect to smb folder where other parts of kodi is and copy a advance file with guest user with all permissions. So I think freenas smb is accessible. I have no idea how perform ping from Amazon.

Another thing is MySQL is on freenas and all devices can share the library and watch or listen status.
Hi,

I show another method without using MySQL :

Tutorial
(2017-03-30, 16:40)mihu15 Wrote: On Amazon tv in ES Explorer I connect to smb folder where other parts of kodi is and copy a advance file with guest user with all permissions. So I think freenas smb is accessible. I have no idea how perform ping from Amazon.

Another thing is MySQL is on freenas and all devices can share the library and watch or listen status.

Are you using the hostname or the ipaddress on your .xml file? IP will be the best option.
Hey guys i have a problem hoping you guys can tell me the best method here..

Currently i have a 2x HTPCs in the house. Each has local storage of 2x hdds. Its the same content on both machines so works as a backup for me. However they are near full so i think i will connect a NAS.

Problem is 1 of the htpcs is ~10 years old so i want to get rid of it & just use the laptop or a NUC in its place with the nas. While keeping the htpc with local storage in the other room that will also use the nas.

Im trying to figure out the best way to do this. So tell me if this works?

4 bay nas, 2 hdds from the old htpc, but not backed up in the nas, the backups of these are in the other htpc.
2 new drives in the nas, 1 for new content the other a backup of it.
The HTPC will use both the local drives it has now & the new drive on the nas.
The laptop (replacing the old htpc) will play everything from the nas.

I think that will work, however im not sure i can use a centralised MySQL library in Kodi as the source will be different on 2 machines..maybe it will let me though?

Is there a better way to do it?
Be a good idea to:

Check with the manufacturer of the NAS you want to buy to see if it can install MySql and run it from the NAS.
Also check to see if the drives you intend to use in the NAS are compatible with that NAS. They may not be...
I made the mistake of not doing this when I bought my first one, a Shuttle KD20. I figured you could just shove any old drive in it. Well you can't. So I bought 2 WD Reds 3TB each. It also has no way for me to install MySql on it. So I use an old laptop to be the MYSql server, store all the media for Kodi on the NAS and I'm home free...just have to run the old laptop 24/7. No big deal...I rescued it from an auto accident so it was free Wink
(2017-05-24, 18:40)inv3ntor Wrote: Im trying to figure out the best way to do this. So tell me if this works?

4 bay nas, 2 hdds from the old htpc, but not backed up in the nas, the backups of these are in the other htpc.
2 new drives in the nas, 1 for new content the other a backup of it.
The HTPC will use both the local drives it has now & the new drive on the nas.
The laptop (replacing the old htpc) will play everything from the nas.

I think that will work, however im not sure i can use a centralised MySQL library in Kodi as the source will be different on 2 machines..maybe it will let me though?

Assuming you're using Windows for the HTPC's. Also assuming you currently have the 2 HDDs in each HTPC assigned the same drive letters on each HTPC (for example, HDD1 is L: and HDD2 is M: on both).

That will work, with caveats.

When you put the 2 old HDDs into the NAS, map them (in Windows) as the same drive letters as before on the old HTPC. That way, your old HTPC will still be looking at drive L: for media that was there before. Likewise with drive M:.

When you add the 2 new HDDs into the NAS, share one of them out to the HTPCs. Again, map this share using the same drive letters on both HTPCs (say, drive N: on both).

That should theoretically keep both HTPCs using the same path for the same media. Convert your current standalone library (SQLite I think?) to a central MySQL one, and point both HTPCs to that MySQL instance so that they both use the same library in Kodi.

But I don't use Windows so take that all as theoretical rambling. Sad

(2017-05-24, 20:46)flhthemi Wrote: Check with the manufacturer of the NAS you want to buy to see if it can install MySql and run it from the NAS.
Also check to see if the drives you intend to use in the NAS are compatible with that NAS.

Also pay attention to these points.
You can usually run MySQL on most of the NAS units out there larger than 2 bays, but research first so you don't waste money on one that doesn't.
And NAS units can be finicky about HDDs. The manufacturer should have a list of compatible HDDs for their NAS on their website.
@runningnaked Is there an advantage to mapping over using nfs or smb? I use nfs 1st and smb if no nfs.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2