• 36(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2019-01-13, 04:46)Pajoe Wrote: I understand all the devices will need to be upgraded to v18 Leia to share the same database, but my big question is will the current database be converted to match the new version during the first upgrade or must I start from scratch, add and scan all the sources for content?

A new database will be created during the upgrade of your first client.

(2019-01-13, 04:46)Pajoe Wrote: Can someone point me to a simple how-to for upgrading v17- Krypton to v18- Leia when using a shared mysql database?

Upgrade one client, test it, and once you're happy it is working correctly you repeat the upgrade on your remaining clients and they will automatically start using the new database created by your first client.

You upgrade a LibreELEC client by copying the new tar file into the Update share on the device, and rebooting.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-01-13, 05:41)Milhouse Wrote: A  new database will be created during the upgrade of your first client.
(2019-01-13, 04:46)Pajoe Wrote: Can someone point me to a simple how-to for upgrading v17- Krypton to v18- Leia when using a shared mysql database?

Upgrade one client, test it, and once you're happy it is working correctly you repeat the upgrade on your remaining clients and they will automatically start using the new database created by your first client.

You upgrade a LibreELEC client by copying the new tar file into the Update share on the device, and rebooting.    

Thank you

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The biggest problem I had was LibreElec latest Leia beta release was using a different database version than Debian & CoreElec, I have downloaded one of your test builds and now the clients with Libreelec are also using RC5 and same database version as Debian/CoreElec. 

I do get errors from mydumper:

Broken table detected, please review: sys.x$schema_table_statistics_with_buffer

However, I ran mysqlcheck several timers on every database and it lists all the databases as "OK"

thanks again

joe
Anyone got any experience running MySql from a NAS for kodi? Good idea or bad idea? I just bought a Netgear RN214 and I see that MySql can be installed. So looking for some tips before I try it. Smile
(2019-01-23, 02:47)flhthemi Wrote: Anyone got any experience running MySql from a NAS for kodi? Good idea or bad idea? I just bought a Netgear RN214 and I see that MySql can be installed. So looking for some tips before I try it. Smile

I don't think you will ever know how well your NAS performs as a MYSQL server until you actually try it.

My experience with Zyxel NSA320  was not positive, Mysql installed OK and worked OK but was too slow, I had troubles with other Zyxel :  NAS326 and never got that NAS working very well. I think I tried a  Raspberry Pi and it was too slow,  but it has been a while and I do not remember all the devices I tried before using an old Dell Inspiron 531S desktop running Ubuntu Mate. I added a faster network card, usb 3.0 card and a Probox 4 bay  external drive bay to the Dell and now it works for library files as well.
(2013-02-25, 22:27)Ned Scott Wrote: click here -> HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL (wiki)
 It can resue from stopped not paused, but I think it can be improved.
It's just a software issue, but not that important after all.
Now that Kodi 18 is here is it OK to use MySql V8.0.15?
(2019-02-01, 17:25)flhthemi Wrote: Now that Kodi 18 is here is it OK to use MySql V8.0.15?
 Great question it only mentions the minimum version whereas 2 years ago it said only to use version 5.5  for the update to K18 I decided to update from V5.5 to v5.6 since that was the new minimum.  It would be great if the wiki would list the versions and what the recommended version would be.
Yeah and it appears V8.0.14 is the latest for Windows....When I checked for 8.0.15 Windows isn't listed in the operating systems list (yet?).
Hi,

I have recently chaned my Pi2 OS from LibreElec to OSMC. I also have a NUC running latest version of LibreElec. I have MySQL setup on my NAS. The NUC and Pi2 (when running LibreElec) worked fine with MySQL.

However since changing the Pi2 from LbreElec to OSMC I cannot get the NUC and Pi2 to sync using MySQL. I am using the same 'advancedsettings.xml'

In order to use MySQL do you have to have all machines using the same OS, e.g. LibreElec? Also do all machines have to be running the same version of Kodi? I only ask because the NUC is running latest version LibreElec 9.0 (Kodi Leia V18.1) but the Pi2 is running latest version of OSMC compiled 31/12/18 (Kodi Kyrpton V17.6)

Thanks!
(2019-03-14, 00:11)mataus19 Wrote: Hi,

I have recently chaned my Pi2 OS from LibreElec to OSMC. I also have a NUC running latest version of LibreElec. I have MySQL setup on my NAS. The NUC and Pi2 (when running LibreElec) worked fine with MySQL.

However since changing the Pi2 from LbreElec to OSMC I cannot get the NUC and Pi2 to sync using MySQL. I am using the same 'advancedsettings.xml'

In order to use MySQL do you have to have all machines using the same OS, e.g. LibreElec? Also do all machines have to be running the same version of Kodi? I only ask because the NUC is running latest version LibreElec 9.0 (Kodi Leia V18.1) but the Pi2 is running latest version of OSMC compiled 31/12/18 (Kodi Kyrpton V17.6)

Thanks!
Different Kodi releases use different database versions, Kodi 18.x and Kodi 17.x are not compatible so yes, in simple terms, you need to use the same Kodi version everywhere.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
However, lets say you have Kodi 18 on one box and Kodi 17.6 on another and you use the same advancedsettings.xml both versions will create their respective database on MySql when you add the sources from Kodi for each. So if you already had V18's database adding V17.6 should create new databases in MySql for Kodi 17.6. Is this correct?
(2019-03-14, 14:35)flhthemi Wrote: However, lets say you have Kodi 18 on one box and Kodi 17.6 on another and you use the same advancedsettings.xml both versions will create their respective database on MySql when you add the sources from Kodi for each. So if you already had V18's database adding V17.6 should create new databases in MySql for Kodi 17.6. Is this correct?

Yes, but they'll be independent databases, so there'll be no syncing between clients on different versions, which is usually what most users want/expect when using multiple clients and a shared database (singular). You might as well use SQLite and forget about MySQL in the scenario you describe.
But the scenario would work for someone in a situation where devices were old/outdated and others were not. One would just have to perform two separate updates.
Hi guys! I have a serious issue with mysql, that I hope I can get help with. I have used mysql for quite some time on all my devices (inludes Kodi for Win, Coreelec and Libreelec), and it worked like a charm, until very recently. The past week or two, Kodi sessions are restarted (Kodi on windows closes) upon start. I can maybe manage 10-15 seconds before it freezes and then crashes.
If I remove my advancedsettings.xml, everything works again. 

Yes, I have tried to start from scratch with new DBs, but it is always the same thing. The first session were DB is created and fed with data from the Kodi client works good, but the next time I use that Kodi device, I get the same issues again, cross all platforms. Something is messes up the database, but I do not know what or why. 

I guess there are a bunch of SQL skilled people here, that might have an idea or can point me in the right direction.

I can of course provide a log file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uliminuwal

One interesting thing is the last row, it is always this when exit is triggered by this issue:
"2019-03-17 15:51:23.651 T:2228 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting"
I have seen different threads regarding this error message and in some cases less legal addons has been the issue. This is not the case here!!

I am using Kodi 18.1 on all machines (9.0.1), MariaDB 5 (10 has been included in testing with same result).

I big thank you in advance!!
(2019-03-14, 04:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 00:11)mataus19 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks!
Different Kodi releases use different database versions, Kodi 18.x and Kodi 17.x are not compatible so yes, in simple terms, you need to use the same Kodi version everywhere. 
Ok thanks for the info! I thought it would be something to do with the Kodi Versions.

You mention SQ Lite... can this be used on a QNAP NAS? I currently have an SQL server setup on my QNAP and I access it through the phpMyAdmin QNAP app.

Thanks
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2