Android Hard Disk External won't show up on XBMC - Minix Neo X5 (Please Help)
Hii guys, first of all really impressed with xbmc.. it's the only reason why i bought a smart tv box which is the Minix Neo x5

so yesterday i installed the latest xbmc frodo, but when i plugged in my external hard disk to the box it didn't show up on xbmc

i spend the whole day just to solve this problem, i try to change the path and everything but still no result.... i searched everything also in this forum

the thing is, my external hdd did show up on my minix neo x5 video player and on other third party video player... so this is why i'm getting so desperate to try to appear my seagate hdd to my xbmc

So i was wondering please can anyone help me? i just made an account here like 10 minutes ago.. you know how desperate i am right? Sad

cheers
Problem solved Big Grin
(2013-03-02, 06:19)syad-up Wrote: Problem solved Big Grin

lol...u ask, and dont say how to us?
Yeah, how you did itHuh I'm having the same problem!
turns out it's very easy... add the source from root filesytem and then brows to mnt > usb

your hdd external will appear there
(2013-03-03, 17:37)syad-up Wrote: turns out it's very easy... add the source from root filesytem and then brows to mnt > usb

Here is the steps

1 - system > settings > Add-ons - > Install from zip file - > Root filesystem - > mnt - > sda1
2 - system > file manager > Add source > Browse > Root filesystem - > mnt - > sda1
/mnt/sda1
Enter a name for this media Source

Enjoy
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive
hi there....

pls help me.. i`m buying the same minix neo x5 in one week and iam wondering does it plays nice/fluently the 1080p videos/dts sound? Does the optic out is working well and with 5.1 surrond passthrogh to 5.1receiverHuh

sry for english and thx.....
(2013-05-28, 18:02)mhalfadl Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 17:37)syad-up Wrote: turns out it's very easy... add the source from root filesytem and then brows to mnt > usb

Here is the steps

1 - system > settings > Add-ons - > Install from zip file - > Root filesystem - > mnt - > sda1
2 - system > file manager > Add source > Browse > Root filesystem - > mnt - > sda1
/mnt/sda1

Enjoy

Thanks m8 exactly what I was looking for. How do I give u a positive reputation?
Hi,
i am new user of neo x5 and i have the same problem. I can not connect my external hard drive to neo. it is not recognised. you say i should go :

/mnt/sda1

But how do i enter into system, is it via PC or directly on my TV?[/color]
go into XBMC home screen. Go along to System OK - down to sub menu Settings OK - scroll down to Add-ons OK - down to Install from zip file OK - scroll down to Root File system OK - down to mnt OK - usb-storage OK - USB DISK 0 OK- then you should see ur HDD OK.

Similar procedure ie XBMC home screen. Go along to System OK - down to File Manger OK - then follow the procedure outlined above until it gives u the option to mount ur HDD.
The G-Box MX2 does not supply enough power to drive the external HDD
(2013-05-28, 18:02)mhalfadl Wrote:

Here is the steps

/mnt/sda1

Enjoy

Got this to work for my usb zip drive but can not get my external Hard Drive to show up. any ideas would be great!
Thanks for the advice.
Next thing I want to do is browse to the external hard drive from my pc across the network.
Any ideas?
I can't seem to find the android box on my local network from my pc.
Many thanks.
Anyone?
Hello,

I have a mx 2 android box that has been rooted with xbmc pre installed.

But the box wont recognise the usb hdd. The lights on the hard drive are on.

This box was bought for a present and on my mx2 that works perfectly when you attach the usb hard drive it says preparing usb device, but on the new box it doesnt do that.

Also on the new box i have tried:

/mnt/sda1

but it doesnt show sda1 it only shows the sdcard

I downloaded paragon ffrom play store but that doesnt work either

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard Disk External won't show up on XBMC - Minix Neo X5 (Please Help)0