• 1(current)
[RELEASE] MLS Live
Hello,

I've written an Add-on for the MLS Live pay service (Major League Soccer).

A paid subscription to MLS live is required!

It supports live matches and the various forms of replay. The official release resides in the official XBMC plugins repository and can be installed from the "Video Add-ons" page. My development branch is also available at github

Cheers!

Note:

- The bitrate selection is based on the internet bandwidth. Change Settings->System->Internet Access->Internet connection bandwidth limitation accordingly.

*Please report any bugs, accompanied by a log file http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy. Please enable FFMPEG and CURL debug logging.
THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to write this plugin. Works like a charm! I am going to use the shit out of this plugin all season.
OK, you might want to update - I put a bunch of changes in last night that allow you to move between weeks and play highlights/condensed matches.
I actually just installed it last night, probably after all your changes. Tried out the condensed version of the match I watched saturday. Also tried out the live stream of the late game of the day. Both worked awesome! One quick question, I shouldn't need this function as I have a pretty fast net connection, but is there a way to change the stream bitrate if I do encounter hiccups? I'm not one to shy away from digging into the filesystem or editing xml if needed.
(2013-03-04, 16:01)brentfincham Wrote: is there a way to change the stream bitrate if I do encounter hiccups?

The bitrate selection is based on the internet bandwidth. Change Settings->System->Internet Access->Internet connection bandwidth limitation accordingly.
I am super excited about this. I have been waiting for this. I will have to try it out today.
Thank you very much.
Just downloaded it. This is fantastic. I have been waiting for this for a couple years now.
Just made my day.
OK, so if I change the internet connection bandwidth limitation the plugin will automatically choose the best stream level (720p, 540p, 360p, 240p) for that bandwidth limit?

Let's say I was getting a lot of buffering, I wonder what limit in kpbs would I put in to go down to the next level and make sure I was not going down too far? In other words I want the best bitrate my connection will handle.

I will experiment tonight and see if I can come up with numbers. There isn't anyway to look at the raw stream and see what the bitrate is for each level is there?
I think if you press 'o' on your keyboard XBMC will bring up the audio/video stream details (bitrate, fps, bandwidth, etc)
K. I'll give it a whirl.
Good job!
OK, if you have the github version get rid of it and install it from the official add-on repo (within XBMC). I've updated the original post to include this information.
OK, I see a few of the games are not working tonight -- I'm looking into it.

Update: fix committed and I've requested that the main plugin repo pull an update.
I subscribed to MLS Live yesterday (saturday March 9th 2013) and enjoyed watching Sporting KC get trampled by little old Toronoto. Match Highlights and replays worked great. Today I watched Crappy Chivas torch Dallas. Everything has worked exceptionally well. A few times the buffering has stalled out requiring me to exit and restart the feed. But the feeds start nearly instantly so it hasn't been a big deel. Just odd that it struggles to buffer, yet starts immediately.

Can't thank you enough for putting this together.

Very minor suggestion: Currently older games can only be accessed by hitting the previous week button and moving through the list of games. MLS website allows you to pick games by month and year. Maybe a main menu item that allows you to go into replays where they are listed by month/year and then contains all the feeds from that month. Example

REPLAYS ->
March 2013
February 2013
etc
->
All games listed for that month.

Also, MLS website allows games to be sorted by team. So if I picked my team Real Salt Lake, all their games would be listed chronologically from newest to last.

No idea if these ideas are possible. I truly appreciate the work you have done![/align]
I have a feeling buffering will probably come up a lot. But the HLS stream is all handled by ffmpeg -- there isn't a whole lot the plugin can do about buffering issues (not even increase the buffer size). This comes up in the NHL thread too.

Also, the website has direct access to the DB so organizing in that way is considerably less complicated (not saying we wont do it, just not right now). ksosez and I are planning on reorganizing the menu to break out live/upcomming, replay, other video but its probably still going to have to be by week... however, we could probably list all weeks in one list instead of paging backwards and forwards.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MLS Live1