• 8(current)
[RELEASE] MLS Live
(2015-04-11, 20:55)volkey Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 23:18)WilliamG Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 23:17)ksosez Wrote: No we have tried to contact the XBMC/Kodi people in charge of pulling the changes in but no response.

Sad panda is me. Just have to be patient, I guess. Sad, because the MLS season is in full swing and we're all missing out on the best way to watch!

Agreed!

MLS Live supports Chromecast though, that's probably the next best way to watch.

My Chromecast buffers/pauses way too often for my liking. So I don't use it.
It looks like they pulled the ffmpeg updates. So you will have to install a nightly build to get it. But it should work then.

http://kodi.wiki/view/development_builds#Nightly_build
(2015-04-13, 21:03)ksosez Wrote: It looks like they pulled the ffmpeg updates. So you will have to install a nightly build to get it. But it should work then.

http://kodi.wiki/view/development_builds#Nightly_build

Wait, so it works NOW with a nightly build, or it will in the FUTURE with a nightly build?
I am not sure if the last nights nightly built got it. But tonights should.

EDIT: doesnt look like last nights did.
(2015-04-13, 21:06)ksosez Wrote: I am not sure if the last nights nightly built got it. But tonights should.

Would you mind updating later if it goes live? I'm a bit build-clueless. Big Grin
(2015-04-13, 21:06)ksosez Wrote: I am not sure if the last nights nightly built got it. But tonights should.

Does today's nightly solve the MLS Live 10-minute issue?
My FFMPEG code is in 2.6.2, which has been pulled into isengard. I'm not sure when the next nightly is due (i'd have expected the one for the 13th to have shown up by now), but anyway, it shouldn't be long now. Yes, this resolves the problem playing a live stream for longer than 10 minutes.
(2015-04-14, 06:52)micahg Wrote: My FFMPEG code is in 2.6.2, which has been pulled into isengard. I'm not sure when the next nightly is due (i'd have expected the one for the 13th to have shown up by now), but anyway, it shouldn't be long now. Yes, this resolves the problem playing a live stream for longer than 10 minutes.

Awesome, thank you for continuing to support this! I'll keep watching, but you'll probably know when it's updated/IF it's working before I do (I wouldn't know how to check if the FFMPEG code is in the nightly), so please do keep posting - I'd appreciate it!

Many thanks.
So the 20150414 build seems to be the first one up since the merge was done. But since we're waiting for live streams to test on lets just grab whatever is the latest and test once the streams are up.
(2015-04-14, 09:46)micahg Wrote: So the 20150414 build seems to be the first one up since the merge was done. But since we're waiting for live streams to test on lets just grab whatever is the latest and test once the streams are up.

I grabbed that nightly, thank you. Thursday I believe is the first live stream. Fingers crossed. Smile
(2015-04-14, 09:46)micahg Wrote: So the 20150414 build seems to be the first one up since the merge was done. But since we're waiting for live streams to test on lets just grab whatever is the latest and test once the streams are up.

Question for you: How much effort would it take to get MLS Live into Plex? Smile
Dunno. Never used it. In not really looking to maintain something on a platform I don't use.
(2015-04-14, 22:24)micahg Wrote: Dunno. Never used it. In not really looking to maintain something on a platform I don't use.

Fair enough. Shame, though. Plex is huuuuuuge, and has a massive user base. It's based on XBMC so I can't imagine it would be super hard to do it, though, fyi. Smile
(2015-04-14, 22:36)WilliamG Wrote: Shame, though. Plex is huuuuuuge, and has a massive user base. It's based on XBMC so I can't imagine it would be super hard to do it, though, fyi. Smile

My code is on github. Go nuts.
(2015-04-16, 04:17)micahg Wrote:
(2015-04-14, 22:36)WilliamG Wrote: Shame, though. Plex is huuuuuuge, and has a massive user base. It's based on XBMC so I can't imagine it would be super hard to do it, though, fyi. Smile

My code is on github. Go nuts.

How long would it take for you to implement it? I have no clue about that sort of thing, but I'm sure a bunch of us would chip in some $ to make it happen. Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MLS Live1