• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-05-03, 23:58)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 12:09)charrua Wrote: I use MySQL for the DB so I don't have MyMusic32.db and I have a big music library so the music DB dump from MySQL is about 60Mb.
I'll try to pinpoint the albums, artists and songs that trigger this error and let you know.
Thanks
Much appreciated.
You can supply a filter to qa, eg. "qa songs africa" (although it's the song after Africa that is causing the problem) which should speed things up. Partial filter matches also work. If you enable the logfile and logfile.verbose properties, the logfile information might help with any diagnosis/solution.
With Python2 I've been able to replace stdout and stderr with Unicode-savvy codecs, but have so far failed to get this to work in Python3 which explains why you're hitting this - I'll keep looking for a solution though...
You're completely right. Switching to Python 2.7.4 solves the problem.
The names of some japanese, chinese and russian albums that I have seem to be the problematic ones when using the script with the newer Python 3.1.1.
Let me know if you want the list of the names of the albums for testing purpose, but probably any non ascii chars will return the same error using the script with Python 3.x
Thanks again.
Version 0.5.8

* Fix utf-8 console output in Python 3.x - thanks charrua!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just a couple of small enhancements.

Version 0.5.9

* Add "Scanning Video" and "Scanning Music" entries to status

* Make regex property patterns additive with "+" prefix (singlethread.urls, qa.fail.urls, cache.ignore.types, etc.).

The "additive" nature of the regex properties will now make it easier to add new values, eg. new QA checks, while keeping any standard defaults, for instance
Code:
qa.fail.urls = + .*\.tbn/$

will retain the default QA fail checks (image://video, image://music), while also adding an extra check to identify any files that are of the pre-Frodo ".tbn" type (useful if you have updated your local library to exclusively use files with the jpg extension).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Version 0.6.0

* Add "poster" to `qa.art.tvshows.season`
Version 0.6.1

* Add exec and execw options to execute XBMC addon, with optional parameters. Use execw to specify wait, although this rarely has any effect.

Example:
Code:
./texturecache.py exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true mediatype=tvshow
Version 0.6.2

* Added: sources can now be filtered by label (case insensitive). Each corresponding label is now displayed in the sources list.
* Added: missing option, listing those media files that are not present in your media library, for example:

texturecache.py missing songs "My Music"
texturecache.py missing movies "My Movies"
texturecache.py missing tvshows "My TV Shows"

where "My Music", "My Movies" etc. is the label name of one of the available sources.

Valid media libraries for the missing option are: songs, movies and tvshows.

Non-media files (eg. artwork, NFO files etc.) are identified by their file extension and excluded from the comparison. Additional non-media file extensions can be added using the nonmedia.filetypes property.

The "missing" option hopefully works with BDMV and VIDEO_TS folders, but I don't have any to test Smile.

Please let me know of any mis-reported media files and I'll update the processing as required.
Thanks! Seems to work nice. The same as
addon would be welcome.
When syncing 2 XBMCs with MySQL and
the Images via NFS, how can I hanlde this?
The texturedb cannot be synced with MySQL.
The only way would be copying the db file
from the client who did the cleanup to the others.
If you just want to pre-load your images, run:
Code:
./texturecache.py c

on each client, either manually or scheduled (eg. cron). The above command will pre-load (cache) all images - addons+albums+artists+movies+sets+tvshows - apart from songs which you can pre-load separately (ie. ./texturecache.py c songs). Once a client is fully cached, you can then start performing incremental caching (using lc instead of c, and modifying the timestamp on a file of your choosing).

The other way is to rsync Textures13.db and the Thumbnails folder, but that approach has other drawbacks unless your fanartres/imageres settings are identical on all clients.
Version 0.6.3
  • Added additional default non-media filetypes (.cue, .log, .sub, .idx, .zip, .rar etc.)
  • Added video, music and all meta media-classes to c/C, nc, lc/lnc, j/J/jd/Jd and qa/qax options - eg. c video will cache movies+sets+tvshows, while c music will cache artists+albums+songs. all is addons+music+video.
  • missing now supports multiple sources, eg. missing movies "New Movies" "Archive Movies" "Yet another movie source"
Version 0.6.4
  • Added support for properties as command line arguments - eg. @xbmc.host=192.168.0.8. Each property must be prefixed with @ and be a key=value pair. Properties can appear anywhere in the command line, and will be processed from left to right. Command line properties will be appeneded to those properties retrieved from the properties file.
Version 0.6.5
  • Added @config=filename so that alternative property files can be specified at run time. Specify either an absolute path and filename, or just the filename to be searched in current directory and then the directory of the script.
  • Added @section=name so that properties from a specific property section will be used. Sections are processed in addition to the "global" (default, un-named) section.

@config and @section can be used in conjunction.

Example properties file "./cache.cfg":
Code:
webserver.port = 8080
webserver.username = username
webserver.password = password
extrajson.movies = streamdetails, file, mpaa, rating, plot

[lounge]
xbmc.host = htpc
userdata = /mnt/share/xbmc/htpc/storage/.xbmc/userdata/
download.threads = 10
cache.castthumb = yes
lastrunfile=/tmp/lrf_lounge.dat

[bedroom]
xbmc.host = rpi1
userdata = /mnt/share/xbmc/rpi1/storage/.xbmc/userdata/
download.threads = 2
cache.castthumb = no
lastrunfile=/tmp/lrf_bedroom.dat

then ./texturecache.py lc movies @config=./cache.cfg @section=lounge would perform an incremental cache pre-load against the htpc client.
Version 0.6.6
  • Fix: Incorrect default format property

Version 0.6.7
  • Fix broken command line @properties when also using named @section
  • Add PVR channel artwork support for cache pre-load (c, C, nc, lc, lnc), dump (j, jd, J, Jd) and QA (qa) with new media classes pvr.tv and pvr.radio
  • Add PVR channel artwork support for prune options (p, P)
  • Add PVR support for status option
I must do something wrong. I can't have the script to work with the C command

What version of XBMC is this?

The script is trying to perform a "JSONRPC.Ping" against the web server and appears to be getting an invalid response... can you confirm you have your Web server enabled on the required port (8080 by default)? If your web server is enabled correctly, try running:

Code:
texturecache.py C @logfile=tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes

and then upload the file "tc.log" to pastebin, as this may give me an idea what is going on. Thanks.
It is 12.2 (with 3D patch)
Windows 7 64 with python 2.7.5 64

Yes i have Webserver enabled on 8080 / default.

Some of the arguments seem to work like when I try

texturecache.py J movies "avatar"
It finds the textures, and I get this log

but when I try texturecache.py C
I get only this
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17