• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
You've downloaded a web page, not the source code of the script.

Go to the RAW version of the source code page (<--- click on the link) and then save as "texturecache.py".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-03, 03:16)MilhouseVH Wrote: You've downloaded a web page, not the source code of the script.

Go to the RAW version of the source code page (<--- click on the link) and then save as "texturecache.py".

Great thanks, now it's all working. However, on the first execution of "texturecache.py C sets" I got this:
First run

That left the movies that errored with no artwork displaying so I ran it again.

On the 2nd run of same it doesn't appear to have finished as shown here:
Second run
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-03, 04:45)CaptainKen Wrote: Great thanks, now it's all working. However, on the first execution of "texturecache.py C sets" I got this:
First run

Make your command console window wider by right clicking the window title bar, click on Properties in the menu, then on the Layout tab increase Screen Buffer Size and Window Size width to about 190 so that the "Caching artwork: ..." status and other information messages don't wrap around.

As for why artwork failed to download (ie. produced an error) you'll need to look at your XBMC log to see why XBMC was unable to retrieve the items. It's XBMC that is performing the download at the behest of the script, not the script itself so the script has no idea why an item of artwork is not available at any given moment. Since these are local items, and appear to have been downloaded in your second attempt I'd say it's a transient issue affecting XBMC communication - unfortunately, this happens more than it should.

(2013-08-03, 04:45)CaptainKen Wrote: That left the movies that errored with no artwork displaying so I ran it again.

Yes, the script when run with the "C" option will remove the artwork from the cache before it attempts to download (and thus re-cache) it, so when the download fails you end up with no artwork in the cache at all.

In this situation, just use the "c sets" option to download only those artwork items need are missing from the cache.

(2013-08-03, 04:45)CaptainKen Wrote: On the 2nd run of same it doesn't appear to have finished as shown here:
Second run

I really don't know what's going on there, did it return to the command prompt or just hang? It looks like it's finished downloading everything, and without any errors, but it's not given you the stats summary which you should see once all the processing is complete.

If this continues to be a problem, try running as:
Code:
texturecache.py C sets @logfile=C:\tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes
and then upload C:\tc.log to pastebin.com.

Note also that you can increase the number of download threads, just edit the "download.threads" property in your configuration file. If your XBMC client is quite powerful (ie. x86 based), a value of 10 shouldn't be a problem and may result in better performance.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have been having a problem when using the "C" option where it keeps throwing an error on the poster saying it can't be downloaded, but it is saying the file is movie.tbn. I used to use movie.tbn as the poster for all my movies, but changed them all to poster.jpg or poster.png since Frodo. I do not have any movie.tbn files anymore. How do I get texturecache.py to quit looking for those? It only happens on some of my movies. Here is the output:

Code:
C:\>texturecache.py C movies "five-year engagement"
A new version of this script is available - use the "update" option to automatic
ally apply update.

Caching artwork: 2 items remaining of 4 (s: 0, m: 2), 0 errors, 2 threads active
Caching artwork: 1 item remaining of 4 (s: 0, m: 1), 0 errors, 2 threads active
Caching artwork: 0 items remaining of 4 (s: 0, m: 0), 0 errors, 2 threads active
Caching artwork: 0 items remaining of 4 (s: 0, m: 0), 1 error, 1 thread active (
00.35 downloads per second, ETA: 00:00:00)

The following items could not be downloaded:

[poster    ] [The Five-Year Engagement                ] image://smb://WOPR/HD Ri
ps/The Five-Year Engagement (2012)/movie.tbn/
@RockDawg:

a) Make your window bigger to avoid cutting the messages - see post #258! Smile

b) Your media library still references movie.tbn, so you need to update your media library - if you only have a few movies like this, the easiest way to fix the problem is via the XBMC GUI: find the movie, open the Info panel and click the "Choose Art" button, selecting your -poster.jpg file

c) A new version is available - run "texturecache.py update" to update to the latest version!

If you want to find all your movies with tbn files:

1) Add "qa.fail.urls = + .*\.tbn/$" to your texturecache.py properties file (don't include the double quotes)

2) Run "texturecache.py qa movies" and all movies with tbn artwork will be revealed. Fix as in b) above.

Alternatively, if want to automatically delete and rescrape those movies that fail the QA checks (ie. movies with tbn artwork), run "texturecache.py qax movies". Note that this will lose you your watched status for any removed movie, however you can back that up with "texturecache.py watched movies backup wstatus.dat", then perform the remove/rescan, and finally restore the watched status with "texturecache.py watched movies restore wstatus.dat".
Thanks for command console tip and of course all of this awesome help your are providing.

Yep, it hung on the 2nd attempt as the first Ctrl+C generated "" and the 2nd Ctrl+C finally got me back to a prompt.

I had made a backup of Roaming\XBMC before starting and so decide to restore it. This is when I realized I had lost my NAS connection, and thus fixed connection.

Ran texturecache.py c sets again and lost no artwork. Yeh!

However, same spot I was in before starting this project, in that the new locally stored movie set artwork isn't showing up in XBMC. Even after running movie set automator and opening a set in hopes it would refresh the view.

Here's my command prompt runs:
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th runs

Here's the XBMC log after the 4th run:
XBMC Log

This is the 5th run:
TC.log

EDIT:
The fanart for "Big Buck Bunny" is one of the problem artwork that isn't refreshing.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thanks for the tips and help. Just to clarify. If I restore the watched status with this utility, it will restore watched status, play count and last played, right?
(2013-08-03, 08:57)RockDawg Wrote: If I restore the watched status with this utility, it will restore watched status, play count and last played, right?

Yes. And if you're using a Gotham build, you'll be able to restore resume points too (Frodo doesn't support the setting of resume points via JSON).
I get the following error:

Code:
C:\>texturecache.py qa movies
FATAL: The task you wish to perform requires that the JSON-RPC server is
       enabled and running on the XBMC system you wish to connect.

A connection cannot be established to the following JSON-RPC server:
       localhost:9090

Check settings in properties file texturecache.cfg

I am running a nightly compiled 7/30/13. I'm assuming I have something set wrong in XBMC, but I don't see anything in the settings regarding JSON, and I read that 9090 is the default for JSON so I'm not sure why I'm getting the error. I do have the Web Server enabled.
(2013-08-03, 09:11)RockDawg Wrote: I am running a nightly compiled 7/30/13. I'm assuming I have something set wrong in XBMC, but I don't see anything in the settings regarding JSON, and I read that 9090 is the default for JSON so I'm not sure why I'm getting the error.

Ensure that "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" is enabled. I'll add something to that effect to the JSON message.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that that is enabled for both local programs and programs on other systems.
Try restarting XBMC, maybe the Remote Communication Server has died in XBMC as this is required for JSON.

(2013-08-03, 08:12)CaptainKen Wrote: Here's my command prompt runs:
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th runs

Here's the XBMC log after the 4th run:
XBMC Log

This is the 5th run:
TC.log

EDIT:
The fanart for "Big Buck Bunny" is one of the problem artwork that isn't refreshing.

Thanks for the log... I can see there might be a logic bug (or platform behaviour difference) when forcing a re-cache of items, which is resulting in deleted items not being re-cached correctly, so now it's only downloading 10 items which presumably were populated by you browsing the GUI, and not the script. If you add "@Download.payload=yes" to the commands used for your 5th run, it should re-cache all 82 items correctly (please confirm with another log - many thanks).
Restarting XBMC worked. When I run the command all it returns is:

Code:
C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\TextureCache>texturecache.py qa movies
Movie [Mr. Smith Goes to Washington                      ]: Missing mpaa

I added the line you mentioned to the cfg file before I ran that command.
(2013-08-03, 09:24)RockDawg Wrote: I added the line you mentioned to the cfg file before I ran that command.

It should work - can you upload to pastebin.com the output of "texturecache.py config" and "texturecache.py jd movies five-year"
texturecache.py config results - http://pastebin.com/HeYax8MX

texturecache.py jd movies five-year results - http://pastebin.com/dUqLMg44
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17