• 67(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
As usual, you're spot on!

Tested with
Code:
"python texturecache.py jd movies "rain man" @filter.operator=greaterthan | find "title"

and now running:
Code:
"python texturecache.py C movies "rain man" @filter.operator=greaterthan

I think it will take another 5 hours i guess (overall was 14h Tongue)

Do you think adding more threads would speed up this?

Don't now why but what went wrong with my first force re-caching run was that my xbmc webserver stopped...

Had to restart it now...
Image Image
(2014-06-22, 12:04)redglory Wrote: I think it will take another 5 hours i guess (overall was 14h Tongue)

Do you think adding more threads would speed up this?

Don't now why but what went wrong with my first force re-caching run was that my xbmc webserver stopped...

Had to restart it now...

The time taken to cache artwork is dependent on several factors, not least the number of artwork items to be cached, and network bandwidth (your internet bandwidth, if the artwork is remote). You say you're using an FTP server (local or remote?) but unfortunately I'm not familiar with such servers in conjunction with XBMC, and have no idea how efficient (or inefficient) XBMC might be when repeatedly accessing content from such servers.

Without knowing how many items you are attempting to (re-)cache it's hard to say if 5 hours is reasonable, but there's a chance it could be. I would expect a couple of thousand local NFS images to be re-cached in under an hour, if you are re-caching a similar number of images and it's taking much longer then it's likely the FTP server communication is the bottleneck.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks, was just out of curiosity Smile

I use an ftp server locally (same machine as htpc which is central scrapping machine) because it increases a lot buffering when streaming to an android pc (on my room).

A NAS would be ideal but I have an 30/10 mbps (D/L) connection and my android pc is connected over powerline (wifi signal is very weak and unstable!) so the ftp runs very well for my needs Smile (I don't stream 1080p so no problem at all, even though it supports without a hitch!)
Image Image
Just have a query on the pruning.

I've done a check on the number of files in the /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails folder and its around 32000

I want to prune this as I'm sure a lot of them are no longer in use.

Ran:

Code:
./texturecache.py p

Result:
Code:
Summary: 16,700 files; Total size: 534,328 KB

I then checked the number of files in the folder and its the same.

What am I missing? Is the prune supposed to delete the non used thumbnails?
You have to use:
Code:
./texturecache.py P

note the "P" and not "p"

refer to the wiki in first post:
Code:
[p, P] Prune texture cache by identifying (p) or removing (P) accumulated cruft such as image previews, previously deleted movies/tv shows/music whose artwork remains in the texture cache even after cleaning the database. Essentially, remove any cached file that is no longer associated with an entry in the media library and is therefore just wasting disk space

Also, P removes textures13.db rows which references files no longer on your media library)

I think what you need is:
Code:
./texturecache.py R
to remove local files not referenced on textures13.db

Code:
[r, R] Reverse query cache, identifying "orphaned" files that are no longer referenced in the texture cache database. Use R option to auto-delete these files.

and/or:
Code:
./texturecache.py Xd
to remove row on textures13.db which are not referenced on yout Thumbnails folder.

refer to:
Code:
[Xd] Remove those rows from the texture cache database that do not have corresponding files in the Thumbnails folder (ie. remove same rows identified by X)
Image Image
Awesome. Thanks. Would help to read properly Smile
Milhouse do you know if xbmc uses complete path to generate thumbails name or only file name.

This is because i've used username and password directly on path references for every sources.xml entry instead of using passwords.xml...

Wouldn't want to have to re-cache everything...

I could replace every table on my mysql entries without user and pass but if cache is going to fail on me i might have to restart from scratch on re-caching everything all together
Image Image
It uses the complete path.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Damn... tried to use passwords.xml but can't logon to my ftp server... perhaps this doesn't work with ftp and only smb shares?

Sorry for the OT
Image Image
(2014-06-28, 00:21)redglory Wrote: Damn... tried to use passwords.xml but can't logon to my ftp server... perhaps this doesn't work with ftp and only smb shares?

Sorry for the OT

It's possible that passwords.xml only works with SMB - it's obviously not required by NFS, and may only have been implemented for SMB which is where it's likely to be used the most. I see you've opened a thread here, I hope you get a definitive answer!
Yupp, and i was likely to move to NFS before i've read some threads... gets all screwed cleaning libraries... i'll stick with my previous config, and because i was over confident i'll have re-cache everything Smile Oh well, just another 14 hours while i'm sleeping Smile
Image Image
I just faced this error -
Code:
akya@Quady ~/xbmc-Texturecache $ python texturecache.py vscan
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "texturecache.py", line 7269, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "texturecache.py", line 7007, in main
    loadConfig(argv)
  File "texturecache.py", line 6610, in loadConfig
    gLogger.setLogFile(gConfig)
  File "texturecache.py", line 761, in setLogFile
    raise IOError("Unable to open logfile for writing!")
IOError: Unable to open logfile for writing!
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

Whrere are you trying to save your log? Default config? Have you set correct permissions?
Image Image
I am not saving any log. Only xbmc user and pass in the config file. I just downgraded to v1.6.4 and it's working correctly.
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

Sorry about that, I've just pushed 1.6.6 which should fix the crash issue when using no logfile. If you've already updated to 1.6.5, to update to 1.6.6 you may need to temporarily provide a valid logfile with "@logfile=/tmp/x update" or "@logfile=c:\x update" after which you should be fine again.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17