• 97(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Probably not, as it's only going to cache what's in your media library - if the scraper hasn't found any artwork then there's nothing to cache. If the scraper isn't working you should ask about it in the relevant scraper support thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The scraper is working, it's just that the images for that particular artist are simply not there. So no way of scanning for updated artwork??
"Not there" - not there in the GUI or not there in the media library?

To view what artwork is in the media library for that artist, run "texturecache.py jd artists <artist-name>". If you don't see the urls that you expect to see, that's a scraper problem. If you do see the correct urls, but wrong artwork displayed in the GUI, then try re-caching with "texturecache.py C artists <artist-name>". If the artwork can't be cached (unable to download etc), check kodi.log for errors - if the artwork is remote there's a good chance it's no longer available and you somehow need to set new artwork on the artist (preferably local artwork).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-13, 17:12)Milhouse Wrote: "Not there" - not there in the GUI or not there in the media library?

To view what artwork is in the media library for that artist, run "texturecache.py jd artists <artist-name>". If you don't see the urls that you expect to see, that's a scraper problem. If you do see the correct urls, but wrong artwork displayed in the GUI, then try re-caching with "texturecache.py C artists <artist-name>". If the artwork can't be cached (unable to download etc), check kodi.log for errors - if the artwork is remote there's a good chance it's no longer available and you somehow need to set new artwork on the artist (preferably local artwork).

Ok, using texturecache.py, I found that the thumbnail for one artist was massing. I added is a thumb.jpg to the corresponding folder and performed an audio library scan. Still the same result, the image is missing. So I assume it's a problem within the scraper not picking up updated artwork.
(2015-05-13, 17:12)Milhouse Wrote: "Not there" - not there in the GUI or not there in the media library?

Btw, by not there I meant that they were on none of the websites the scraper gets the artwork from.
Pay it forward and upload the artist image to the website. Then more people benefit.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hi Milhouse

So I've been looking at Texturecache again, trying to clean libraries on a couple of machine.
First machine is running Kodi 14.2, and after a
Code:
./texturecache.py c
./texturecache.py P
./texturecache.py R

I ran the c option and have this result
Quote:kodi@kodi:~$ ./texturecache.py c
Need to cache: [ fanart ] for addon: Confluence
Need to cache: [thumbnail ] for addon: Confluence

Caching artwork: 2 items remaining of 2 (qs: 0, qm: 2), 0 errors, 1 thread active (01.00 downloads per second, ETA Caching artwork: 1 item remaining of 2 (qs: 0, qm: 1), 0 errors, 2 threads active (01.00 downloads per second, ETA Caching artwork: 0 items remaining of 2 (qs: 0, qm: 0), 0 errors, 1 thread active (00.01 downloads per second, ETA Caching artwork: 0 items remaining of 2 (qs: 0, qm: 0), 1 error, 0 threads active (00.76 downloads per second, ETA : 00:00:00)

The following items could not be downloaded:

[fanart ] [Confluence ] /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/fanart.jpg

Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

| banner | fanart | poster | thumb | thumbnail | TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached | - | - | - | - | 1 | 1
Deleted | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Duplicate | 1869 | 1869 | 1841 | 2 | 6 | 5587
Error | - | 1 | - | - | - | 1
Ignored | - | - | - | 8 | - | 8
Season-all | 7 | 7 | 7 | - | - | 21
Skipped | 159 | 569 | 648 | 1720 | 43 | 3139
Undefined | - | 49 | - | - | 46 | 95
==================================================================================================
TOTAL | 2035 | 2495 | 2496 | 1730 | 96 | 8852
Download Time | - | 00:00:01.51 | - | - | 00:00:00.00 | 00:00:01.51

Threads Used: 2
Min/Avg/Max: 0.01 / 0.76 / 1.51

Um...that's a lot of duplicatesHuh
Media Companion Dev.
Depends. You'd expect a lot of duplicates for tvshows (as tvshow artwork is repeated at season and episode levels), but maybe not so many duplicates for movies. You've cached everything, so it's hard to see which media class these duplicates correspond - could be movies, could be tvshows.

The classification of a duplicate is simply an item of artwork that is referenced by more than one media item, so what this is saying is that you've got a banner that's referenced by 1869 movies or tvshows/seasons/episodes.

It's not normally something to worry about with tvshows, but might suggest a problem if it's movies. Cache movies and tvshows seperately to break out the duplicate counts for each media class.
Yep, it's all under Tv Shows.

OK, then all's well.

Thanks for the guidance.
Media Companion Dev.
I am getting
PHP Code:
FATALThe task you wish to perform requires that a JSON-RPC server with
       version 6 
or above of the XBMC JSON-RPC API is provided.

The JSON-RPC API version of the connected server is(0 means unknown)

Check settings in properties file texturecache.cfg 

on my OpenElec Kodi 14.2.

Issuing [myhost]/jsonrpc returns

PHP Code:
{

"description""JSON-RPC API of XBMC",

"id""http://xbmc.org/jsonrpc/ServiceDescription.json",

"version""6.21.2"

so the RPC is up and running.

Can it have anything to do with the fact that I am using several user profiles on Kodi?

Edit: Sometimes just asking the question will lead you to a solution. I realized I haven't tried running the script while being logged into a profile, so I did and it worked.
Tried to run the script from a remote linux box with the "c" option, it connects, appears to complete the first 1-2 videos and then just starts to error out.

Along the lines of this: caching artwork x items of x remaining......., 1274 errors, 15 threads...

kodi is openelec on rpi2, executing from a ubuntu system with emby server in a docker container.

Worth mentioning that when executing, I have no access to emby interface, as to why, I have no idea.

kodi log shows lots of errors: http://pastebin.com/QNfJ7BJv

however, if I test the path that "timed out" it opens fine, so apparently this could be related to me not being able to access emby when it is running. I can't and neither can kodi...but when script isnt running it is fine, so the question is, why in emby docker locked up when the script is executed.
(2015-05-21, 06:27)smakovits Wrote: however, if I test the path that "timed out" it opens fine, so apparently this could be related to me not being able to access emby when it is running. I can't and neither can kodi...but when script isnt running it is fine, so the question is, why in emby docker locked up when the script is executed.

15 threads is probably too high, try 1 download thread and work upwards from there until emby no longer responds.

Does emby have a log? If so maybe it has information that explains why emby has keeled over.
OK. I tried the default 2 as well with the same result, so lets see what happens with 1...
(2015-05-21, 09:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 06:27)smakovits Wrote: however, if I test the path that "timed out" it opens fine, so apparently this could be related to me not being able to access emby when it is running. I can't and neither can kodi...but when script isnt running it is fine, so the question is, why in emby docker locked up when the script is executed.

15 threads is probably too high, try 1 download thread and work upwards from there until emby no longer responds.

Does emby have a log? If so maybe it has information that explains why emby has keeled over.
That did it. Set threads to 1 and it works. Any idea why this is? Is it a docker restriction you think or computer hardware running docker?

Now to get things executed with a cron task.

Also, is there ever a time where I would need to run big c over little c? Like a use case, since big c is disabled unless overridden, just curious.

And thanks!
(2015-05-21, 22:03)smakovits Wrote: That did it. Set threads to 1 and it works. Any idea why this is? Is it a docker restriction you think or computer hardware running docker?

Nope, no idea, is the Emby server process multithreaded or able to handle more than a single request at a time? Seems like it might not be. You'll need to throw this over to the Emby developers, it's their software that's the problem.

(2015-05-21, 22:03)smakovits Wrote: Also, is there ever a time where I would need to run big c over little c? Like a use case, since big c is disabled unless overridden, just curious.

"C" shouldn't be needed unless you're experiencing a problem with artwork for specific movies, tvshows or music etc. and you need to re-cache your artwork (for example if it's recently changed locally, or the cached version is corrupt). I certainly don't recommend using it en masse.
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17