• 103(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Had this pop up during a vclean followed by a P followed by a Xd dont know which triggered it.

V16alpha 1 a few commits behind master /

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):n 4...
  File "./texturecache.py", line 7924, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./texturecache.py", line 7758, in main
    pruneCache(remove_nonlibrary_artwork=True)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 5919, in pruneCache
    (libraryFiles, mediaFiles) = getAllFiles(keyFunction=getKeyFromFilename)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 6226, in getAllFiles
    episodedata = jcomms.getDataProxy("episodes", REQUEST, uniquecast=UCAST)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 2944, in getDataProxy
    data = self.chunkedLoad(mediatype, request, trim_cast_thumbs, idname=idname, silent=silent, uniquecast=uniquecast)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 2983, in chunkedLoad
    data = self.sendJSON(request, idname)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 1996, in sendJSON
    if len(newdata) == 0: raise IOError("nodata")
IOError: nodata
Looks like the prune (P) during tvshow episode processing - is this repeatable? If you're on SQLite, could you send me your MyVideos93.db

Edit: Not able to reproduce here with tip of master/Kodi 16a1, however it might be data dependent. The IO error might suggest that Kodi had a problem of some kind, anything in kodi.log? Is the RPC server alive or has it exited due to an exception (does a "./texturecache.py status" work after this error - if not, the RPC server is probably no longer running).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Oh crap, I left in the extra code I added for @jurmb8435 and it's now in the release version... hold on, need to publish a new version...

Edit: @uNiversal - try again with v2.0.6, sorry 'bout that...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I thought it odd, glad you found the blurp. Shall try again, thx for quick fix Wink
Hi, I am trying to get this to work on one of my htpc's. I tried remotely from a Windows system and I get FATAL: The task you wish to perform requires that the JSON-RPC server is enabled. I checked and I had the web server enabled and both of the Allow buttons selected. I have kodi running on a full install of Ubuntu so I copied the .py files local and tried it from a putty window and I get the same error. I tried resetting the web server settings and re-enabling it and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?
Problems with the RPC server have nothing to do with the webserver.

Have you restarted Kodi after enabling the two "remote" options, I've seen it where the RPC server doesn't start properly after being enabled, and it needs a Kodi restart for the RPC server to start correctly.

Failing that, try the telnet advice I gave jurmb8435 in post #1529 (try it on the Ubuntu machine) and post the results.
A reboot did the trick, thank you!
Hi, How do I actually run your script? I've downloaded the zip file to a windows pc. I have no clue, I am massively stupid.

I'm running Openelec on a NUC. Cheers
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Check OP and make sure you have python installed
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Thanks, I have done. The problem is the bit where it says "It also assumes you are comfortable working at the command line".

Is there any way this can be used by a person who isnt?
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
No.
Thanks
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Milhouse:
I am using windows 7 ultimate and will soon migrate to windows 10. Also all my Kodi setup is using "Kodi" as the folder and usernames.
Is your utility setup to use the folder names as Kodi or as XBMC?
also I will appreciate if you would please tell me what command I need to use to delete everything and create a new DB for the artwork for all media. I will need this for the local machine as well as a command to run the same on 4 other remote machines.
thanks in advance.
Regards,

PJ
(2015-08-06, 08:47)P_Jamula Wrote: I am using windows 7 ultimate and will soon migrate to windows 10. Also all my Kodi setup is using "Kodi" as the folder and usernames.

Should be, if you're using default settings for paths. If you've configured paths in your texturecache.cfg then it's up to you to fix them, but in most cases you shouldn't need to configure paths.

(2015-08-06, 08:47)P_Jamula Wrote: also I will appreciate if you would please tell me what command I need to use to delete everything and create a new DB for the artwork for all media. I will need this for the local machine as well as a command to run the same on 4 other remote machines.

You'll need to delete the userdata\Database\Textures13.db file, and userdata\Thumbnails folder. These will be automatically recreated by Kodi when it starts. Then to re-cache all artwork, run "texturecache.py c" against each client.

I'd suggest adding "sections" to your texturecache.cfg so you can refer to your clients with friendly names, and client-specific settings, eg.

Code:
qaperiod=9999
cache.castthumb = yes
allow.recacheall = yes
download.threads = 10

section = master

[master]
xbmc.host=localhost

[lounge]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.2
network.mac=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

[bedroom]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.3
network.mac=11:22:33:44:55:66
download.threads=5

[tvroom]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.4
network.mac=aa:bb:cc:11:22:33

then "texturecache.py @section=bedroom c" will re-cache all artwork for client 192.168.0.3.

In the above example, if you don't specify a section the default section will be "master".

Once you configure a network.mac for a client, you can use Wake-on-LAN to wake a suspended client ("texturecache.py @section=tvroom wake"). If you don't need to wake clients, then don't worry about configuring network.mac.

To suspend a client (assuming suspend is supported by the client - pointless for a Pi), use "texturecache.py @section=tvroom power suspend".
(2015-08-06, 11:48)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 08:47)P_Jamula Wrote: I am using windows 7 ultimate and will soon migrate to windows 10. Also all my Kodi setup is using "Kodi" as the folder and usernames.

Should be, if you're using default settings for paths. If you've configured paths in your texturecache.cfg then it's up to you to fix them, but in most cases you shouldn't need to configure paths.

(2015-08-06, 08:47)P_Jamula Wrote: also I will appreciate if you would please tell me what command I need to use to delete everything and create a new DB for the artwork for all media. I will need this for the local machine as well as a command to run the same on 4 other remote machines.

You'll need to delete the userdata\Database\Textures13.db file, and userdata\Thumbnails folder. These will be automatically recreated by Kodi when it starts. Then to re-cache all artwork, run "texturecache.py c" against each client.

I'd suggest adding "sections" to your texturecache.cfg so you can refer to your clients with friendly names, and client-specific settings, eg.

Code:
qaperiod=9999
cache.castthumb = yes
allow.recacheall = yes
download.threads = 10

section = master

[master]
xbmc.host=localhost

[lounge]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.2
network.mac=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

[bedroom]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.3
network.mac=11:22:33:44:55:66
download.threads=5

[tvroom]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.4
network.mac=aa:bb:cc:11:22:33

then "texturecache.py @section=bedroom c" will re-cache all artwork for client 192.168.0.3.

In the above example, if you don't specify a section the default section will be "master".

Once you configure a network.mac for a client, you can use Wake-on-LAN to wake a suspended client ("texturecache.py @section=tvroom wake"). If you don't need to wake clients, then don't worry about configuring network.mac.

To suspend a client (assuming suspend is supported by the client - pointless for a Pi), use "texturecache.py @section=tvroom power suspend".

Fantastic... Thanks a lot
I guess if I want to run this utility once a week to keep all new content up to date on all instances then I can create a batch file running the command for each section.

I assume this will also download any artwork referred as URL's in the content
can I use the normal windows notepad to edit and save the cfg file??
Regards,

PJ
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17