• 115(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Thanks! I will try it!
(2015-11-03, 23:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 21:01)Orbi Wrote: I cached my posters and fanart using the "c" option, but my discart, clearart are not being cached. I have tried looking for the answer in this thread, but I became none the wiser of it.

The "c" option will cache all artwork by default, so if you've got discart, clearart, etc. in your media library then these will be cached too.

Dump one of your movies to see if you really have those discart, clearart items associated with the movie, eg. "texturecache.py jd movies avatar" to see what artwork items and urls are associated with Avatar.

If you definitely have those artwork items associated and you still don't think they're being cached, then run the following and upload the log to a pastebin site (change the movie name as appropriate):

Code:
texturecache.py c movies avatar @logfile=tc.log

I checked whether discart and clearart items are associated with my movies using your suggested command. The result is that only the fanart and poster are associated. However, discart and clearart are being shown when I browse the library. How do I associate these "exotic" types of art so that they would be cached by your utility?

Thanks Milhouse!
discart and clearart are being shown because some of your movies have discart/clearart associated with them, but not necessarily the movie you are viewing in the GUI.

To associate discart, clearart etc. use the ArtworkDownloader add-on, or if you've got this artwork already stored locally then use the mklocal.py script available from the same repo as texturecache.py (in the tools folder).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,

Having issues running the utility. It will not cache the posters of my mysql install. Using c option with movies produces nothing but errors.

| fanart | poster | thumb | TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached | - | - | - | 0
Deleted | - | - | - | 0
Duplicate | 19 | 7 | - | 26
Error | 7 | 1097 | - | 1104
Ignored | - | - | 181 | 181
Skipped | 3499 | 2777 | 8 | 6284
Undefined | - | - | - | 0
======================================================================
TOTAL | 3525 | 3881 | 189 | 7595
Download Time | 00:00:05.26 | 00:00:26.21 | - | 00:00:31.02
@Timmons: there are 1104 errors, and these should have been listed in the output under the heading "The following items could not be downloaded:".

If you're not seeing the 1104 items listed, then add @logfile=tc.log to your command line, upload tc.log to pastebin.com or similar and I'll take a look.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello I am running version 2.1.8. I think I may have found a bug around line 1270.

It is
if newimdb is not None or attempt >= self.retry:
newimdb = newimdb if newimdb.get("response", "False") == "True" else None
break

should it not be this?
if newimdb is not None: # found something, return data if response is filled in correctly
newimdb = newimdb if newimdb.get("response", "False") == "True" else None
break
if attempt >= self.retry: # retry exceeded return none
newimdb = None
break

Basically it is trying to deference newimdb even though it never got filled in because it is exceeding the retry max?
@lharms: Yep, thanks.

Edit: Pushed 2.1.9.
(2015-11-08, 01:51)Milhouse Wrote: @Timmons: there are 1104 errors, and these should have been listed in the output under the heading "The following items could not be downloaded:".

If you're not seeing the 1104 items listed, then add @logfile=tc.log to your command line, upload tc.log to pastebin.com or similar and I'll take a look.

I do see that in the output but wondering why its having trouble with downloading them?

I've put the partial log on http://pastebin.com/5NJBtUjf as it wouldn't let me paste the entire thing.
In Version 2.1.9

If a movie is stacked, e.g "Skyfall part1.mp4" and "Skyfall part3.mp4" texturecache searches for ""Skyfall part1.nfo" AND "Skyfall part2.nfo" - if one is missing it reports "missing nfo".

Correct would be either "Skyfall.nfo" (first) or (if this is not foung) "Skyfall part1.nfo" - see http://kodi.wiki/view/File_stacking#NFO_...r_stacking.
This is also valid for stacking with "-CDx" and so on.

This is around 5018 "if nfo_file:" were you loop f about all files.

There only the first filename (which IS the first stacked in either notation) should be tested against all the regexp here http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.x...iestacking

First successful match is then first tested with movie name (is the first capturing regexp group) and ".nfo" and then against file name with ".nfo" - fail if no match here, no need to check the other regexp.

Sorry I cannot create a pull on this, I'm not so familiar with python.

BTW really helpful your texturecache, Justin.
@Just-Me_A-User: Thanks I've pushed update v2.2.0 which should help.

However the stacking logic is pretty minimal and will fail in a whole bunch of other circumstances are I'm not going to even try to pick apart the singular correct filename from all the possible variations of stacked file names (eg. "Avatar (2009)[DVDRip].avi" from "Avatar (2009)[DVDRip][CDx].avi" or "Avatar (2009)[DVDRip] Part x.avi") which is needed to correctly QA artwork etc., so it's likely the script will continue to falsely report missing artwork for stacked files.
(2015-11-08, 19:23)Timmons Wrote: I do see that in the output but wondering why its having trouble with downloading them?

Probably because they're no longer accessible to the Kodi client.

In the case of remote (internet) artwork the urls are probably no longer valid as the artwork has been removed from whatever site you originally scraped from. If the artwork is local, perhaps the Kodi client is unable to access the files (permission or path problems).

(2015-11-08, 19:23)Timmons Wrote: I've put the partial log on http://pastebin.com/5NJBtUjf as it wouldn't let me paste the entire thing.

Not enough log information.

Cache just one of the movies that is giving you a problem, as this will produce a smaller log file.

xbmclogs.com also allows fairly large log files.
(2015-11-09, 01:32)Milhouse Wrote: However the stacking logic is pretty minimal and will fail in a whole bunch of other circumstances are ...

Thank you, but I see no changes: "Avatar.nfo" is still reported missing for "Avatar part1.mp4" and "Avatar par3.mp4".
(2015-11-09, 19:04)Just-Me_A-User Wrote: Thank you, but I see no changes: "Avatar.nfo" is still reported missing for "Avatar part1.mp4" and "Avatar par3.mp4".

Hmm... yes, because all I have to work with are the stacked file names which don't match the nfo filename.

OK, I've pushed v2.2.1 which has improved stacking/unstacking support and should now match artwork and nfo files against the "combined" filename (hopefully) - please test and let me know if you have any problems. If you do have a problem I'll need the output of "jd movies <moviename>" and the directory listing for <moviename> (or a logfile - just run it for one movie at a time).
(2015-11-10, 02:36)Milhouse Wrote: Hmm... yes, because all I have to work with are the stacked file names which don't match the nfo filename.

OK, I've pushed v2.2.1 which has improved stacking/unstacking support and should now match artwork and nfo files against the "combined" filename (hopefully)...

Thank you very much, I really appreciate this: texturecache now finds the nfo-files of all my stacked movies.

Unfortunately it reports now every movie with "missing file", I've pasted the information for two as an example: http://goo.gl/fgak4G (hopefully sufficient for you).

Thanks, Justin
Hmmm... this is odd... it's not immediately obvious why either should be reporting the file as missing, as based on the data the script is correctly determining the file name in both cases, which makes me suspect the subsequent directory access is failing for some reason.

Can you provide the log file when running qa for each of the two movies (ie. two log files) as I'd like to see the directory data kodi is returning when querying for the available files, as something must now be wrong here. Thanks.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17