• 132(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hello Milhouse, hello all,

Fisrt, I have to thank you for this wonderful tool. I use it since almost a year, and it's so powerful!

Now, I just installed a second box in an another room, connected with WiFi. I access my media through UPNP only, and I wonder if there's a way to force thumbnails caching using your script on the UPNP client, rather than wait for kodi to cache them at first access.

I couldn't find any answer yet, I hope you can help me Smile

Cheers.

Smeulf.
I have a feeling that caching of UPnP-based artwork will not be supported by this script. It may be necessary to extend JSON and other parts of Kodi in future to allow caching over UPnP.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok, that's what I thought but you confirmed. Thanks.

If one day you have some waste time (we all can dream right ?!), then maybe you could think about it Wink

Thanks anyway.
Sorry if this has been asked and answered 100x (I tried searching), but how can I automatically remove fanart from TV shows I have deleted? I've tried P,& R, but the artwork stays in the cache. I'm trying to delete the artwork of shows that are on haitus. I've deleted the shows folders from my HDD, cleaned the video library. If I do a search I can see the fanart is still there, and of course I could manually delete the rows but I thought this would do it for me
"P" should remove artwork from the cache when the media items (movies, episodes, tvshows etc.) to which the artwork belongs have been removed from the media library. Are you sure the tvshows/episodes are no longer in your library, and that the fanart isn't linked (in use) by any other media item?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This is coming up for me is there some setting i need to tweak ?
running
./texturecache.py qax @xbmc.host=192.168.0.101

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./texturecache.py", line 8578, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "./texturecache.py", line 8386, in main
extraFields=_extraFields, query=_query, drop_items=_drop_items)
File "./texturecache.py", line 4631, in jsonQuery
qaData(mediatype, jcomms, database, data, title_name, id_name, rescan)
File "./texturecache.py", line 5338, in qaData
jcomms.rescanDirectories(workItems)
File "./texturecache.py", line 2514, in rescanDirectories
(mediatype, dpath) = directory.split(";")
ValueError: too many values to unpack
Looks like some Python limit is being hit. Enable logging by adding "@logfile=tc.log" to your command line and upload tc.log somewhere and I'll take a look.

EDIT: Or you've got a directory name with some unusual characters, the log will reveal all.
Hello Guys!I am new to this thread.How to download this program for android?I downloaded the zip file and tried to installed but i was getting error.
Not really sure about Android - do you have Python installed on Android? You might be better off running the script on a regular PC and using @kodi.host=<android-ip-address>
(2016-07-10, 13:24)Milhouse Wrote: Not really sure about Android - do you have Python installed on Android? You might be better off running the script on a regular PC and using @kodi.host=<android-ip-address>

I don`t know if i have python installed on android.But how will help in my situation if i use this program on windows?
(2016-07-10, 13:33)marius37bv Wrote: I don`t know if i have python installed on android.

You'll need Python installed on Android to use this script - how you do that, I've no idea as I'm not that familiar with Android.

(2016-07-10, 13:33)marius37bv Wrote: But how will help in my situation if i use this program on windows?

Most of the functions of texturecache.py can be used "remotely" using the JSON API (ie. caching, purging, querying etc.), there's only a handful of functions that require direct execution on the client ("f", "F", "r", "R", "S", "X", "Xd") so if you silent need the latter just run the script on a proper PC.
I have please to some one, could share with me config for caching what is possible ? (i mean all )
Thanks
(2016-07-10, 13:56)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-10, 13:33)marius37bv Wrote: I don`t know if i have python installed on android.

You'll need Python installed on Android to use this script - how you do that, I've no idea as I'm not that familiar with Android.

(2016-07-10, 13:33)marius37bv Wrote: But how will help in my situation if i use this program on windows?

Most of the functions of texturecache.py can be used "remotely" using the JSON API (ie. caching, purging, querying etc.), there's only a handful of functions that require direct execution on the client ("f", "F", "r", "R", "S", "X", "Xd") so if you silent need the latter just run the script on a proper PC.

@marius37bv try qpython
Image Image
Hi,

What is the possibility of turning this script into a Program Add-on for Kodi? A lot of people are using it and it might make it easier to run if it were an add-on.

Thanks.
It's not something I've any interest in doing, mainly because while it might be easier to run for trivial tasks, it's going to be a nightmare to configure for anything that is slightly more complicated. A simpler option would be to use some sort of launcher to run the script, using the arguments you require.

Given the complexities of adding a user interface I suspect it would be better to re-implement only a subset of the features in an add-on rather than leverage this script directly - the output isn't always that easy to parse (and I would not consider making changes to the output to support an add-on), but the script does at least demonstrate what is possible.

An add-on developer should be able to implement some of the features without too much trouble, although a number of features come to mind that may not be so practical/useful in a GUI environment (ie. most of the query operations, anything that uses a remote host etc.)

There are already add-ons that purge the cache, backup/restore watched status, or update imdb (haven't yet found an add-on that pre-loads the cache or fixes texture cache errors) but they all require me to remember to click a button (or three) when instead I'd rather automate it and forget it. Smile
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17