• 136(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I can see that the video scans are most likely due to qax, but I've no idea why the YouTube add-on is running after each video scan - do you have some Kodi configuration or add-on that causes this?

My guess is that the YouTube add-on should be more tolerant of a locked database as it's not the only "user" of the SQLite3 database and should therefore expect to encounter locking from time to time. qax will be deleting movies from the MyVideos* database before kicking off the next video scan, and clearly the YouTube add-on doesn't like that.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hmmm.... No addons really other than Youtube...

One thing of note is that I'm running a MySQL backend...

Given that it's reproducable, but not every night, I wonder if the triggering of Youtube is due to "sometimes" my family leaving the Kodi screen on the Youtube Addon vs other nights where it's in the core TV Shows or Movies screen...
Will try to test that out...
If you can find a way to reproduce I'll be able to investigate a bit further. Enabling the texturecache.py logfile (@logfile=tc.log) would allow comparison of the kodi.log timestamp with whatever texturecache.py is doing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've had a couple of more crashes, although again, neither with Kodi debug log turned in...

I do have a "normal Kodi log" and Texture Cache log which I'll upload later tonight.

The consistent thing in each hard crash is that the screen was left on YouTube Addon's search/trending page when the Texture Cache Activities were triggered. Can't say it crashes 100% of the time, but seems 100% of crashes share this in common.

I know it's a workaround for more than likely a Kodi issue, but maybe an option to put Kodi on the Home Screen before triggering the activities would help?

Anyways, will post logs later tonight...
(2016-09-25, 19:52)edrikk Wrote: I know it's a workaround for more than likely a Kodi issue, but maybe an option to put Kodi on the Home Screen before triggering the activities would help?

Might do, but not something I think should be done automatically. You can however do it yourself in your script with "texturecache.py input home"
Ah, perfect, I didn't know that option existed... It's absolutely good enough
I have uploaded the two log files in .7z format here: http://www.megafileupload.com/JmD6/Kodi_TextureCache.7z
Updating that ever since adding the command to take Kodi back to home screen before running the other commands, I have not had a single crash of the application.
I'm attempting to use the Command Line Properties as detailed within your Github page within a batch file on my Windows HTPC that will run TextureCache on the Rpi. The problem is this error.

Code:
C:\Python27>texturecache.py Xd @config=KublerRpi.cfg @section=KublerRpi
FATAL: The task you wish to perform requires read/write file
       access to the Thumbnails folder, which is inaccessible.

Specify the location of this folder using the thumbnails property
       as an absolute path or relative to the userdata property.

The currently configured Thumbnails path is:
       .kodi\userdata\Thumbnails\

Check userdata and thumbnails settings in properties file KublerRpi.cfg

I assume this is because elevated privileges are required. Here's the command line in the batch file:

texturecache.py Xd @config=KublerRpi.cfg @section=KublerRpi

I tried prefixing the above command line within the batch file with sudo, but that didn't work most likely because I'm not on the Linux box.
Code:
C:\Python27>sudo texturecache.py Xd @config=KublerRpi.cfg @section=KublerRpi
'sudo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Here's the config file:
Code:
sep = |
userdata = .kodi/userdata
dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails
xbmc.host = localhost
webserver.port = 8080
webserver.username = Kodi
webserver.password =
rpc.port = 9090
download.threads = 2
extrajson.albums =
extrajson.artists =
extrajson.songs =
extrajson.movies =
extrajson.sets =
extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
extrajson.tvshows.season =
extrajson.tvshows.episode =
qaperiod = 30
qa.file = no
qa.fail.urls = ^video, ^music
qa.warn.urls =
cache.castthumb = no
cache.hideallitems = no
cache.ignore.types = ^video, ^music
logfile = C:\Python27\KublerRpi.log
logfile.verbose = yes
checkupdate = yes
lastrunfile =
orphan.limit.check = yes
nonmedia.filetypes =
watched.overwrite = no
network.mac =
allow.recacheall = yes

# values common to all sections go in here...
#qaperiod=9999
#allow.recacheall=yes

[KublerRpi]
# This section name is being called from my KublerRpi.bat on HTPC
xbmc.host=192.168.1.242

#[pi2]
# This section reserved for another device when needed
# xbmc.host=[ip address here]

I know that the settings portion above the sections is correct because it works when used directly on the Rpi.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
As the message says, the "Xd" command requires read/write access to the Thumbnails folder (which is on your RPi). It's one of the few commands that requires direct folder access (the others are "f", "F", "r", "R", "S" and "X"). All other commands can be run remotely.

You need to run the "Xd" command on the RPi itself, rather than remotely, or somehow map the Thumbnails folder on the machine that is running texturecache.py (tricky when it's Windows) and configure the mapped Thumbnails location in your config file.
(2016-10-08, 23:10)Milhouse Wrote: As the message says, the "Xd" command requires read/write access to the Thumbnails folder (which is on your RPi). It's one of the few commands that requires direct folder access (the others are "f", "F", "r", "R", "S" and "X"). All other commands can be run remotely.

You need to run the "Xd" command on the RPi itself, rather than remotely, or somehow map the Thumbnails folder on the machine that is running texturecache.py (tricky when it's Windows) and configure the mapped Thumbnails location in your config file.

Thanks for quick reply and details! I'll settle for only using P and C then.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hi,

I want to know how to 1. Re-scan 2. Update 3. (re)cache all NFOs, textures and IMDB ratings for the whole movie and tvshow database.

After I followed the thread these commands I think would be interesting for that:
Code:
./texturecache.py C
./texturecache.py P
./texturecache.py R
./texturecache.py qax
./texturecache.py imdb movies
./texturecache.py qax movies @qaperiod=-1 @qa.nfo.refresh=today

But there are settings in the texturecache.cfg which do the same like:
Code:
qa.nfo.refresh =

Now whats the difference between running the command:
Code:
./texturecache.py qax movies @qaperiod=-1 @qa.nfo.refresh=today

and editing the line
Code:
qa.nfo.refresh =
in texturecache.cfg AND what command I have to run that this setting is apllied?

What would be the "best practice" set-up for texturecache.cfg and the specific commands (multiple commands could be stored in script.sh)?

My plan is to run this script once a week via cronjob so that Movie and TVShows (and Music) are up-to-date.
As it says in the first post, it's an example properties file. You don't have to use it. You should only use (ie. configure) the properties you need.

To answer your question, the command line properties trump the cfg file properties.

My advice would be to include in your cfg file only those properties that are different from the default. Most people don't need a cfg file at all.

Properties that might change from one invocation to another (eg. qa.nfo.refresh) are better left on the command line IMHO. A property such as qaperiod, which defaults to 30, should be added to your cfg as "qaperiod=-1" if you always want to use an infinite period.
Thanks, I understand.

Other question:
Is it possible the re-scrape Movie/TVShow Information for the whole Database?
Because sometimes the Movie Infos and Covers (which come from TMDB) changes.

Maybe im wrong with this tool, because I dont want to update "locally stored" or "manually edited" Data to Databases. I want to Update/Re-Scrape Textures (Covers), Infos (this what lands into nfo) and IMDB ratings to my Database.

UPDATE:
seems the only way to refresh is to remove/re-add the specific sources:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removi...he_library

for updating IMDB ratings I will use the IMDB Update Addon as before:
167754 (thread)
Yes, to rescrape the whole database you might as well just delete it and start again!

You can use the texturecache.py imdb option (for movies and tvshows), or the add-on. The obvious advantage of the former is that it's easier to script, but both should be doing similar things (I guess - I've never looked at or used the add-on so don't really know where it get it's data from, or how accurate it is). I know for sure that the texturecache.py version will only update the imdb values in the database and won't touch any local NFO files.
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17