• 145(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Ups, deleted my post, as I've found out about profiles properties!

But thx again for that prompt and helpful answer!
Is it possible to run the cache parts of texturecache and not try to cache animated poster and animated fanart as I am not interested in those anyhow?
@laric specify a suitable pattern for "cache.ignore.types". If you need to specify multiple patterns, use a comma-separated list, ie. "cache.ignore.types=.*\.gif,.*\.GIF" to ignore both *.gif and *.GIF.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
HI
Does texturecache imdb refresh works on Krypton?
I just upgraded and all I get are errors on movies, it can refresh tvseries but not movies

it gives :
Could not obtain OMDb details for [movie] ttxxxxxxxx (Movie Name)

and the log gives :
2017-02-12 21:05:37.646132:Thread-7 : Querying OMDb [a=0, r=3]: [movie] tt1470171, imdb=Abandoned
2017-02-12 21:05:37.646346:Thread-1 : OMDb API Query [http://www.omdbapi.com?i=tt1470171&type=movie]
2017-02-12 21:05:37.643660:Thread-2 : Exception during IMDb processing: reference [tt1470171], timeout [15.0], msg [HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable]
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

(2017-02-12, 19:38)papampi Wrote: HI
Does texturecache imdb refresh works on Krypton?
I just upgraded and all I get are errors on movies, it can refresh tvseries but not movies

Not at the moment - the imdb refresh functionality relies on the omdbapi.com service which is not currently available. Please visit http://www.omdbapi.com as they're appealing for emergency donations via Patreon.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-12, 20:18)Milhouse Wrote: Not at the moment - the imdb refresh functionality relies on the omdbapi.com service which is not currently available. Please visit http://www.omdbapi.com as they're appealing for emergency donations via Patreon.
Thanks for info, done.
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

@marcelveldt @Milhouse
Hi guys, does the skinhelperservice support storage of the animated gif files outside of the thumbnailsfolder yet? I'm interested in it.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

I just found out that the new version does. Thanks Marcel.
Windows 11 Pro

(2017-02-17, 19:35)MB1968 Wrote: @marcelveldt @Milhouse
Hi guys, does the skinhelperservice support storage of the animated gif files outside of the thumbnailsfolder yet? I'm interested in it.

Yes it does.
Moved
Windows 11 Pro

Hi Milhouse. I've a question for you. Why texturecache will retrieve ratings from OMDB instead of getting ratings directly from IMDB? It's not possible to do this?

Thanks
(2017-02-18, 15:15)nick13tl Wrote: Hi Milhouse. I've a question for you. Why texturecache will retrieve ratings from OMDB instead of getting ratings directly from IMDB? It's not possible to do this?

Thanks
Imdb.com don't make it easy (and don't want people) to scrape their website. I also don't want to create a metadata scraper as there's plenty of those already. Adding a function that calls a service (omdbapi.com) made more sense - hopefully omdbapi.com will get the funding it needs to keep going.
(2017-02-18, 12:25)MB1968 Wrote: Hi Marcel, I installed the new version from your repo and downloaded all gif files again so they will be stored in the addon folder. It works fine for all animated posters, but I'm experiencing some troubles with the animated fanarts. For a lot of movies (not all) Kodi doesn't show the animated fanart anymore (for example Back to the Future collection). Since using the new version of your skinhelperservice on Jarvis (Android), the standard jpg fanart is often missing (black background) Any idea what causes this? Regards MB1968

This is not a support thread for skinhelper so Please post your question in skinhelper support thread.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
omdbapi.com seems to be back up (more or less - I did have one or two timeouts) so the imdb option should be mostly working again.
(2017-02-19, 19:56)Milhouse Wrote: omdbapi.com seems to be back up (more or less - I did have one or two timeouts) so the imdb option should be mostly working again.

Can I do a suggestion: Would you consider using my new metadata module to retrieve these ratings ?
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.mo...r.artutils
It has proper caching builtin. I created it in a first attempt to lower the amount of requests to the net of all kind of seperate addons.
This way you request the rating and will get the cached result (max 7 days old in case of omdb details) which will save omdbapi another request to their api.

This module is pending repo submission, should be available soon (I hope).
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17