• 158(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Just an aside, when filtering on movie titles that include spaces, you can't use:
Code:
texturecache.py C movies My Night at Maud's @cache.refresh=3

it must be:
Code:
texturecache.py C movies "My Night at Maud's" @cache.refresh=3
otherwise the script will only filter on the first term, ie. movies containing "My", and the remaining filter terms (ie. "Night", "at", "Maud's") will be ignored.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Can texturecache show me the current ip address of the machine I am on? If not, can it be implemented in the future?

I want to make it appear as a notification via notify-send when kodi starts. The problem is that both my *elecs do not support hostname -I (uppercase) which returns the local ip, so I have to fiddle around with grep etc on ifconfig to get what I want.
(2018-01-04, 14:49)jim_p Wrote: Can texturecache show me the current ip address of the machine I am on? If not, can it be implemented in the future?

I want to make it appear as a notification via notify-send when kodi starts. The problem is that both my *elecs do not support hostname -I (uppercase) which returns the local ip, so I have to fiddle around with grep etc on ifconfig to get what I want.

Sorry, this isn't going to be implemented as this is a very specific requirement that is better implemented as you already do via grep/etc. You can also view the current IP address in Settings > System Info > Network.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, I know that I can see the ip in system info > network, but that needs something more important to be done beforehand: I need to be able to navigate in the menus, which is impossible to do in a non-hdmi-cec capable tv. That's why I need the ip, so as to set up kore in my phone and use it to navigate around kodi's menus.
I am trying to remove orphaned local artwork from my library i.e. actually every item that is localy stored, because I allready deleted those files from my hd.
besides texturecache.py I use the tool clear.py aswell.
For movies this worked like a charm:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | ./clean.py --patterns D: | ./texturecache.py set
(I am running this from my linux setup on a remote windows system)

When it comes to tvshows however, it fails
Code:
./texturecache.py jd tvshows "Taken" | ./clean.py --patterns E: | ./texturecache.py set

this is what i get https://pastebin.com/bKpV2kCt

this is what clear.py produces: https://pastebin.com/qjLyGLNK

I assume it somehow fails because season and episodes are child to tvshow.
But how to fix that?
Yeah... it's because art.season.poster isn't a real artwork type - it's actually the poster for the season but this is reported against the episode by the JSON API as season.poster, so clean.py should ignore season.*. Similarly if you have a poster at the tvshow level this will be reported as tvshow.poster on all seasons and episodes (clean.py already ignores tvshow.* - season.* is an oversight).

I've pushed an updated 0.2.1 version of clean.py which you should download: https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecac...s/clean.py
Worked great! Thank you very much
Fist thanks @Milhouse for this fantastic tool
I recently started using Kodi so I'm still learning.

I'm using SickRage on my Synology and have added the following as post processing script so every new added serie/episode will immediately show up correctly in Kodi.

Code:
texturecache.py vscan
texturecache.py qax tvshows @qaperiod=1
texturecache.py c tvshows @cache.refresh=1 

Can this be improved, any tips?
You might want to increase the qaperiod as @qaperiod=1 will only consider shows/episodes added the previous day - if the intention is to refresh episodes once the thumbnail appears (which might take several days before someone uploads and Sickrage downloads) then you'll need to use a longer qaperiod.
Thanks
What do I do for the following scenarios?
Season box art isn't showing:

Episode art isn't showing:

Currently using ./texturecache.py C tvshows OR ./texturecache.py C tvshows "show name" 
The utility is working, but nothing seems to be updating on Kodi. I still have blank spaces.

Ideas?
The script isn't a meta-data scraper, so if you don't have season/episode art in your library it's not going to add it - use something like Artwork Beef for that (and then use the script to cache the artwork once it has been added to your library).

If you're sure you have season/episode art in your library then run ./texturecache.py C tvshows "show name" @logfile=tc.log, upload the file tc.log somewhere and send me the link.
Yep. The artwork is all there already. 
I did find a few errors the TCMU found in my season background posters...so that was unexpected. 
I'll try messing with it on my end. If nothing, I'll send a log over.

Thanks so much!
@Milhouse 
Does TCMU script allows to auto grab "fanart.jpg" from seperate movie folder(s) and copy it automagically to corresponding Thumbnails folder (and swaping out lower resolution file that exists there)?

See this topic why I want to do that.
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
(2018-02-15, 17:03)Kolabor Wrote: @Milhouse 
Does TCMU script allows to auto grab "fanart.jpg" from seperate movie folder(s) and copy it automagically to corresponding Thumbnails folder (and swaping out lower resolution file that exists there)?

See this topic why I want to do that.
I think it won't as it uses kodi's cache feature.

@Milhouse, correct me if I'm wrong
Image Image
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17