• 160(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Is there a way to force a mediainfo scan on the entire database? It seems kodi only scans TV show mediainfo information (codec/length/etc) when you first access that show, so to prevent random disc spin up when browsing I must browse into each TV show at least once on a new database.
(2018-03-08, 12:25)Tyrindor2 Wrote: Is there a way to force a mediainfo scan on the entire database? It seems kodi only scans TV show mediainfo information (codec/length/etc) when you first access that show, so to prevent random disc spin up when browsing I must browse into each TV show at least once on a new database.

No. The only solution is to add the mediainfo details to an NFO and scrape the NFO.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-02-17, 10:43)Milhouse Wrote: And if you want to re-import a modified NFO file (ie. refresh a movie) then use qax movies|tvshows @qa.nfo.refresh=n (same rules for n as @cache.refresh). 
I'm trying to refresh nfos for my movie collection (I modified tags using tinymediamanager). I'm running this command but there's no output---

texturecache qax movies @qa.nfo.refresh=1000

I have profile.name set in my configuration file and texturecache installed from the AUR.
(2018-03-13, 23:42)Diskotechjam Wrote:
(2018-02-17, 10:43)Milhouse Wrote: And if you want to re-import a modified NFO file (ie. refresh a movie) then use qax movies|tvshows @qa.nfo.refresh=n (same rules for n as @cache.refresh). 
I'm trying to refresh nfos for my movie collection (I modified tags using tinymediamanager). I'm running this command but there's no output---

texturecache qax movies @qa.nfo.refresh=1000

I have profile.name set in my configuration file and texturecache installed from the AUR.

I have no idea without a log file.

If you know a specific movie nfo that has changed recently then run the command for that movie (with a logfile), eg, if the movie is "Avatar" then:
Code:
texturecache qax movies avatar @logfile=/tmp/tc.log @qa.nfo.refresh=1000

and then upload /tmp/tc.log to a pastebin site.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
No problem, I wasn't sure if maybe it was just a problem with my command arguments. Here's my log.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gS2FhGD6DY/
(2018-03-14, 01:55)Diskotechjam Wrote: No problem, I wasn't sure if maybe it was just a problem with my command arguments. Here's my log.

The problem is that qaperiod defaults to 30 days which means it only considers items added in the last 30 days.

Add qaperiod = -1 to texturecache.cfg (or add @qaperiod=-1 to the command line), and the script will consider all items in your library.
Seems to work now. Thanks! Great application!
@[b]Milhouse[/b]
 I am a noob and kindly base with me and don’t get upset for my questions.

I have changed my NAS to a new one and I got 4x Kodi devices (OSMC) connecting to NAS and my SQL DB is shared. I have rescanned all movies and TV shows again and I am using the Aeon Not 5: Silvo Skin and I have download loaded the artwork and Extra Fanart via the Artwork Beef (Artwork downloader is now broken) and all of them in the Movies and TV shows folders in the NAS Now how to use this script and cache the artworks?

I don’t want to download these to my local file system as it will consume all space as I for over 5000+ movies and Tv shows in the NAS. 

My questions as below
1. Should I need to run below commands from each of the Kodi Device? (Reason I used “C” is that some images in the background showing as Blank)
./texturecache.py C movies
./texturecache.py C tvshows
./texturecache.py C music 

2. Should I need to run below command from each of the Kodi Device?
./texturecache.py qax movies|tvshows @qa.nfo.refresh=1000 @qaperiod=-1
1. Yep

2. No.
(2018-03-21, 01:57)Milhouse Wrote: 1. Yep

2. No.
 Thanks @Milhouse. Much appreciated 

One last question when the program saying "Caching artwork: 31389 items remaining of 56811" is this mean it's Caching from NAS movies folders or downloading from the artwork providers from InterNET?

Also where is the caching location in local Kodi file system?
(2018-03-21, 04:35)sniferx1 Wrote: is this mean it's Caching from NAS movies folders or downloading from the artwork providers from InterNET?

Could be both, it all depends on what artwork sources (local or internet) you've used to populate your media library.

(2018-03-21, 04:35)sniferx1 Wrote: Also where is the caching location in local Kodi file system?
.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails (for the artwork) and .kodi/userdata/Databases/Textures13.db (the database).
@Milhouse 

My scripts crashed as all 4x file systems ran out of space. I totally to forgot that I when I migrated to new NAS my IP and path of the folders changed (from smb://x.x.x.114 to nfs://x.x.x.117). My Thumbs folder is 8GB so questions as below.

1. To remove the all Thumbs pointing to 
2. Do you think just by running "./texturecache.py P" it will remove all DB entries and also delete the files form the Thumbs folder

P.S: After scanning the all content, via KODI lib settings in the UI, I have executed "Clean" Lib option.
1. Don't understand the question
2. No, "P" (prune) is meant to remove artwork that is not in your media library - this means it removes artwork downloaded by addons, preview artwork etc. If you've changed IP address from 114 to 117 and recreated your library then "P" should remove all the old 114 artwork. The only way to remove all DB entries and Thumbnails folder is to delete the database and folder using the OS on each client, then restart Kodi.
(2018-03-21, 07:47)Milhouse Wrote: 1. Don't understand the question
2. No, "P" (prune) is meant to remove artwork that is not in your media library - this means it removes artwork downloaded by addons, preview artwork etc. If you've changed IP address from 114 to 117 and recreated your library then "P" should remove all the old 114 artwork. The only way to remove all DB entries and Thumbnails folder is to delete the database and folder using the OS on each client, then restart Kodi.
 Many thanks. That will make perfect sense. Thanks bunch for super quick responses and for this awesome tool.
When running "./texturecache.py imdb tvshows | ./texturecache.py set" I'm getting the following error:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7CWztWbRDN/

running "./texturecache.py imdb movies | ./texturecache.py set" works fine.
Any idea why this is happening?

EDIT: found the issue, I had added top250 to the imdb.fields.tvshows filed in the cfg file
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17