• 163(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2018-04-21, 17:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 13:52)movie78 Wrote: How i am suppose to run the texturecache.py file script in window so all my scape movies get cache?
You start a Windows command prompt and run the commands. Did you read the Windows "how-to" post (the link in is your quoted text)? Unfortunately the images in the post no longer work, but read the text. 
@Milhouse 

Got it running, where is the cache data saved?

Thank you for help!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-04-21, 17:43)movie78 Wrote: where is the cache data saved?
On the Nvidia Shield, just as it would be if you navigated through the GUI displaying (and thus caching) artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-21, 17:50)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 17:43)movie78 Wrote: where is the cache data saved?
On the Nvidia Shield, just as it would be if you navigated through the GUI displaying (and thus caching) artwork. 
@Milhouse 

Is this normal
Quote:Caching artwork: 11961 items remaining of 14455 (qs: 9315, qm: 2643), 7 errors, 3 threads active (04.27 downloads per se
Caching artwork: 11956 items remaining of 14455 (qs: 9315, qm: 2637), 7 errors, 3 threads active (04.08 downloads per se
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
You mean the errors? Yes - once it finishes it will list the artwork urls that can't be downloaded. Many artwork web sites will block downloads - possibly rate limiting (try again later) - or the artwork no longer exists (tip: don't use remote artwork).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-21, 18:04)Milhouse Wrote: You mean the errors? Yes - once it finishes it will list the artwork urls that can't be downloaded. Many artwork web sites will block downloads - possibly rate limiting (try again later) - or the artwork no longer exists (tip: don't use remote artwork).
 @Milhouse 

Got it, so once done it will list all the missing artwork(errors) that didn't download so i can download them manually.
@Milhouse

Sorry to border you but how does it take to finish caching the data?
(2018-04-21, 21:14)movie78 Wrote: @Milhouse

It alls depends on your internet speed, how many artwork items you have to cache and how fast/powerful the Kodi client is that is caching the artwork.

Artwork items that fail will be re-tried several times, so a lot of failing artwork will slow things down considerably. You can increase the number of download threads (the default is 2) which may help speed things along.

Just leave it running overnight if you are caching your entire library for the first time.
(2018-04-21, 23:08)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 21:14)movie78 Wrote: @Milhouse

It alls depends on your internet speed, how many artwork items you have to cache and how fast/powerful the Kodi client is that is caching the artwork.

Artwork items that fail will be re-tried several times, so a lot of failing artwork will slow things down considerably. You can increase the number of download threads (the default is 2) which may help speed things along.

Just leave it running overnight if you are caching your entire library for the first time. 
Thank you!
Could you make this as an addon? I got the "ERROR: Socket closed prematurely - exiting" error during the running for many times. Run it as an addon should be able to avoid this issue.
No, I won't be making this as an add-on - I believe there is more value/functionality by not running this within Kodi.

As for the socket error, either Kodi or your network is unstable as the error suggests the connection between the script and Kodi is being abnormally terminated. Check your Kodi log for errors.
Hi there,
Me again Smile
I have now a software providing me information about my movies in a nfo file next to each movie.
These information are displayed in my library when I launched a movie (Kodi figures it out by himself) OR when I do a refresh (local info) after I have added the movie.

My question is, do you have a way to do a “refresh with local information” automatically for the whole library ?

Thanks Smile
(2018-04-22, 19:08)raspdealer Wrote: My question is, do you have a way to do a “refresh with local information” automatically for the whole library ?

You can try texturecache.py qax movies @qa.nfo.refresh=0 which would refresh any movie that has a local NFO file that has been modified since midnight.

Remember that the default qaperiod is set to 30 which means the qa function will only consider media items added during the previous 30 days - set it to -1 to consider all items.
(2018-04-22, 23:02)Milhouse Wrote: You can try texturecache.py qax movies @qa.nfo.refresh=0 which would refresh any movie that has a local NFO file that has been modified since midnight.

Remember that the default qaperiod is set to 30 which means the qa function will only consider media items added during the previous 30 days - set it to -1 to consider all items.
Your script is definitively perfect for everything I need to do Smile T H A N K S
And your assistance is relevant and fast, thanks for that too.

I will launch my whole housekeeping with that inside and log everything.

Will let you know.
Hi,

I have started to analyze my logs and I have issues

Could not obtain OMDb details for [movie] 293310 (Citizenfour)
Of course it can't because it's not a proper IMDb id. It should be tt4044364.
Do you have an idea where these bad IDs are coming from? How to clean them?

Is it possible to execute ./texturecache.py imdb tvshows but only on tvshows, not episodes?
(lot of episodes don't have rates.)

Few feedback about the QA information from texturecache.py qax movies @qa.nfo.refresh=0

Results:
Code:
Movie    [Airplane!                                     ]: FAIL (missing mpaa; missing poster, local is available)
Movie    [Aladdin                                       ]: FAIL (missing mpaa; missing poster, local is available)
Movie    [Ali                                               ]: FAIL (missing mpaa; missing poster, local is available)
Movie    [Alien: Covenant                          ]: FAIL (missing mpaa; missing poster, local is available)

followed by:
Code:
Rescanning directory: nfs://192.168.1.121/volume1/Family/Movies/Airplane! (1980)...
Updating library: New movieid     907 [Airplane!]
Rescanning directory: nfs://192.168.1.121/volume1/Family/Movies/Aladdin (1992)...
Updating library: New movieid     908 [Aladdin]
Rescanning directory: nfs://192.168.1.121/volume1/Family/Movies/Ali (2001)...
Updating library: New movieid     909 [Ali]
Rescanning directory: nfs://192.168.1.121/volume1/Family/Movies/Alien Covenant (2017)...
Updating library: New movieid     910 [Alien: Covenant]

but I have this at each execution.
Any ideas?

THANKS!
1. The ID 293310 for Citizenfour looks like it came from TMDB: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/293310-...anguage=en

I don't know if storing a non-IMDB ID in the IMDB field is an acceptable thing to do.

I could ignore IDs that are clearly not an IMDB tt ID, if required, but not storing non-IMDB IDs in the IMDB field might be a better solution.

2. Yes. ./texturecache.py imdb tvshows @query.seasons=no

3. I think it's reloading those movies because the default fields to validate are:
text:
qa.art.movies = fanart, poster
qa.blank.movies = plot, mpaa
qa.zero.movies =
and it's seeing that those movies have a blank (ie. undefined) mpaa field, so it is refreshing the movies in the hope that the NFO (regardless of when it was last modified) now includes a suitable value for mpaa.

If you don't care about mpaa then add qa.blank.movies = plot in texturecache.cfg so that mpaa is not validated (any movie with a blank plot will continue to be refreshed until a plot is added).

I'm not sure why it complains about the missing poster, however - it can see that a suitable poster is available locally, in which case Kodi should be associating the movie with the local poster when it is first refreshed.

After dropping mpaa, if the movies continue to be refreshed then run ./texturecache.py qax movies @qa.nfo.refresh=0 @logfile=/tmp/tc.log and upload /tmp/tc.log to a pastebin site (or if too large, zip it and use Googledrive/Dropbox etc.) then post the link.
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17