• 165(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
@Milhouse is there any way to choose download/"restore" location ? I'm using kodi with MySQL for 3 devices, and it could be great to not have to download it everytime.
(2018-05-08, 15:24)repulse Wrote: @Milhouse is there any way to choose download/"restore" location ? I'm using kodi with MySQL for 3 devices, and it could be great to not have to download it everytime.

I don't understand the question - what command are you running?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I thought my script usages where running fine, but I wonder if this can be achieved with texture cache

I do remove tv shows from the HDD. it is expected that these items and shows are removed from the library. But a clean is not the way
./texturecache.py remove tvshows [id] is working, but it should be automatically during a daily maintenance job .. 

all these commands I am using already:

echo "Start Scanning Video Library vscan"
/home/kodi/texturecache.py vscan
sleep 5
echo "Start Cleaning Video Library vclean"
/home/kodi/texturecache.py vclean
sleep 5
echo "Start update with qax"
/home/kodi/texturecache.py qax
echo "Start scanning texturecache with function C"
/home/kodi/texturecache.py c
sleep 5
echo "Prune data missing on disk P"
/home//kodi/texturecache.py P
sleep 5
secho "Start update with Xd"
/home/kodi/texturecache.py Xd
sleep 3
echo "Start update with  ./texturecache.py R"
/home/kodi/texturecache.py R
sleep 3
echo "end"

what am I missing? Wink
I found need to do vclean twice. First removes episodes, second removes removed series.

I actually run it three times to be sure.

Hope that helps some
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Doesn't look like you are missing anything - if the video library clean is not removing shows then you may need to open a ticket on trac.kodi.tv. If the HDD isn't connected at the time of the clean then I don't think Kodi will remove those items.

If your version of Kodi supports it, you can add @clean.showdialogs=yes to your vclean command which will display the dialogs in the GUI and should give you more feedback on the cleaning process. The equivalent for vscan is @Scan.showdialogs=yes. These both default to "no" in versions of Kodi that support the suppression of dialogs.

After you have run vclean, have you tried dumping the metadata for one of the tvshows that should have been deleted? Does it include all the seasons and episodes, or just the tvshow "header"? There's an entry in Settings (which may be Kodi 18 only, I can't remember) that controls whether empty TV shows are shown or not.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-05-10, 22:02)vbat99 Wrote: I actually run it three times to be sure.

That's very thorough! Smile
Thanks. I am still on 17.6 I believe (libre elec)

texturecache.py vclean @clean.showdialogs=yes
does not show feedback  vscan part also no info.

example of what is in the db but not on HDD anymore

{
    "art": {
      "banner": "image://nfs%3a%2f%2f10.1.1.123%2fexport%2fUsenet%2fTV%2fGreat%20News%2fbanner.jpg/",
      "fanart": "image://nfs%3a%2f%2f10.1.1.123%2fexport%2fUsenet%2fTV%2fGreat%20News%2ffanart.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://nfs%3a%2f%2f10.1.1.123%2fexport%2fUsenet%2fTV%2fGreat%20News%2fposter.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://10.1.1.123/export/Usenet/TV/Great News/",
    "label": "Great News",
    "title": "Great News",
    "tvshowid": 338
  },

but above is not present on HDD anymore
(2018-05-10, 22:15)zeroday Wrote: Thanks. I am still on 17.6 I believe (libre elec)

texturecache.py vclean @clean.showdialogs=yes
does not show feedback  vscan part also no info.

In that case it must have been a feature added in Kodi 18.

(2018-05-10, 22:15)zeroday Wrote: example of what is in the db but not on HDD anymore

It looks like Kodi has removed the episodes (and seasons), but the empty tvshow "header" remains. I think this is by design - in Kodi 17.x you have the option to show or hide these empty shows, so that's the option you should use. If you really want to remove the empty tvshows then you'll need to manually delete them via the GUI, or use the script and remove by tvshowid.

Or try running vclean multiple times to see if that has any effect.
My files are on a Nas but if I delete a series folder that also had episodes, then need to run vclean twice.

First time kodi recognized episodes were gone from series in library, cleans.
Second time kodi recognized series is forty and source is gone. Removes series from library.

This is with kodi 17 series.

Sorry, not sure what happens if series is on a removable device.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
ok .. no props. 2x vclean does not do anything for me, so I will have to remove them manually.
not that difficult within ie. Kyra 2, so I will do that.
A simple python script that consumes the contents of jd tvshows and prints out the tvshowids of the tvshows without any seasons or episodes should work, then iterate over the tvshow ids removing each in turn.
I can't figure out how to use mklocal.py. I want to use it to make my movie artwork local (is this different from 'export library - separate files'?), but can't get it to work. I tried a batch file with the following:

C:\Python34\python.exe G:\texturecache.py jd movies
pause

C:\Python34\python.exe G:\mklocal.py --local f:\Movies --prefix F:\Movies --artwork fanart poster --output fixup.dat
pause

The first command does something, but after the pause, it just seems to hang, although I can quit out of the batch with ctrl-C. I also can't figure out what to properly put after --local and --prefix from looking at the example on page 28.

Please help, thanks in advance.
(2018-05-21, 16:34)WeirdH Wrote: I can't figure out how to use mklocal.py. I want to use it to make my movie artwork local (is this different from 'export library - separate files'?), but can't get it to work. I tried a batch file with the following:

C:\Python34\python.exe G:\texturecache.py jd movies
pause

C:\Python34\python.exe G:\mklocal.py --local f:\Movies --prefix F:\Movies --artwork fanart poster --output fixup.dat
pause

The first command does something, but after the pause, it just seems to hang, although I can quit out of the batch with ctrl-C. I also can't figure out what to properly put after --local and --prefix from looking at the example on page 28.

Please help, thanks in advance.
You have to pipe the first command as an input to the second.
Image Image
I don't know what pipe means. Is that the | symbol in the example?

EDIT:

I changed the batch file to C:\Python34\python.exe G:\texturecache.py jd movies | C:\Python34\python.exe G:\mklocal.py --local f:\Movies --prefix F:\Movies --artwork fanart poster --output fixup.dat

but then it says 'bad prefix [kodi path does not match prefix]'

EDIT2: I seem to be able to get something done, but only for f:\movies\. However, my movies are on a multipath source: how does that work with arguments? Do I just put multiple instances of --local in the command?

EDIT3: Well, That didn't work. I don't know python or anything, so this is too hard for me. I'm just tryin stuff, stumbling along, it's really demotivational. I just don't understand the logic, nor the explanation in the other thread.

Any help is appreciated.
You could try adding --ignorebadprefix to mklocal.py but you'd probably then need to run it multiple times for each path you have in your library - to be honest I haven't really tested it with multiple paths as I don't have any of those.

You can also filter the input with something like texturecache.py jd movies @filter=path f:\Movies so that only the movies from f:\Movies are processed by mklocal.py --prefix f:\Movies. Obviously you'll need to change the call to texturecache.py for each of your paths, and update mklocal.py accordingly.
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17