• 169(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I've just tried on my Windows 10 based system and the script works fine on there but the NUC, which is running one of the generic nightlies, just can't seem to download anything.  The exact release is:

Running on LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180916210256-#0916-g56eae68 [Build #0916] 9.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.18.8

Both machines are connected to the same network, very odd.  Any idea why only the Linux box has the problem?  The Win10 machine is also running a very recent nightly (18.0-BETA3 Git:20180915-d9368de2ae)

My linux skills are poor however I figured doing a wget on a URL Kodi is claiming it can't download would be worth trying, and that works fine, wget can grab a jpg from a URL that Kodi is saying "CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)"
Can you start the conversation in the test build thread as it's not relevant to this thread (Kodi/LibreELEC has the problem, not the script).

Try testing with #0914 as there was a CURL-specific change in #0915 (which might be causing you a problem with #0916). Basically, try and identify when this issue started with the LibreELEC test builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse 

Is there a way to create a batch file to auto-execute this command line "texturecache.py c @kodi.host=<shield-ip-address>"

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-09-24, 14:53)movie78 Wrote: @Milhouse 

Is there a way to create a batch file to auto-execute this command line "texturecache.py c @kodi.host=<shield-ip-address>"

Thanks!

Yes, but how you do it will depend on the operating system.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-09-24, 16:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-09-24, 14:53)movie78 Wrote: @Milhouse 

Thanks!

Yes, but how you do it will depend on the operating system. 
 Using Windows 10
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Some sort of start menu right click property thing, maybe? Sorry, not really much of a Windows user... But generally, write a batch command script (cmd) which calls texturecache.py, then configure it in the OS to run on startup.
(2018-09-24, 17:09)Milhouse Wrote: Some sort of start menu right click property thing, maybe? Sorry, not really much of a Windows user... But generally, write a batch command script (cmd) which calls texturecache.py, then configure it in the OS to run on startup.
That is what I am looking for.
(2018-09-24, 17:13)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-09-24, 17:09)Milhouse Wrote: Some sort of start menu right click property thing, maybe? Sorry, not really much of a Windows user... But generally, write a batch command script (cmd) which calls texturecache.py, then configure it in the OS to run on startup.
That is what I am looking for but just clicking on .bat file and running the CMD. 
Hi…  I used this a long time ago, thanks very much.  Questions:

1. I assume this still works, see recent commits and thread activity. Great.  Just wondering why head post hasn't been updated in so long?

2. does it matter where it is installed?  I put it ~/Scripts/

3. where is the log kept by default?  I tried to specify ~/Scripts/, but got error [raise IOError("Unable to open logfile for writing!")]

4. and most important:  what's the best useage method to clean out all junk textures, ie mostly from streaming video add-ons and such, but definitely preserve all artwork related to everything in library?

Thanks!
1. What needs updating?

2. No

3. Wherever you tell it with @logfile=/path/to/log - there is no default for the log path. You need to give it a filename, not a directory name, ie. @logfile=/tmp/tc.log

4. texturecache.py P.
(2018-09-25, 10:41)Milhouse Wrote: 1. What needs updating?
It's just that so many scripts and add-ons are outdated or broken, and so it it would be helpful for the date of the headpost or some other indication in it to indicate it's maintained.  (True for other release threads too).  I know you've worked hard on this for years, last time I had an opportunity to try it was many years ago.   For everything else, thanks, just what I needed. Smile
If I can beg your indulgence with another usage question.  I'm migrating Kodi to new hardware, and it seems that quite a lot of movie-related image files point to an export folder on an SDCard that's no longer part of this configuration:  For example:

Code:

~/Scripts$ ./texturecache.py jd movies shortbus
[                         
  {
    "art": {
      "fanart": "image:///media/sdcard/Library Exports/xbmc_videodb_2015-10-24/movies/Shortbus_2006-fanart.jpg/",
      "poster": "image:///media/sdcard/Library Exports/xbmc_videodb_2015-10-24/movies/Shortbus_2006-poster.jpg/"
    }
The odd thing is that when browsing the Movie library, the fanart and posters are shown. So the image files must be accessible somewhere.  However, in Info>Artwork, the fanart, poster, and thumbnail are blank.   If I refresh, I get a message such as: "Locally stored information found. Do you want to ignore and fetch from the internet?"

Can texturecache help with this, and if so how?   Right now I'm just sitting back to the task of refreshing each movie and re-choosing artwork when needed.

Thanks.
(2018-09-26, 16:13)ctawn Wrote: The odd thing is that when browsing the Movie library, the fanart and posters are shown. So the image files must be accessible somewhere.

Did you copy the Textures13.db and Thumbnails folders from your old machine to your new machine? The new machine will be finding and displaying the cached artwork.

If you were to re-cache artwork with texturecache.py C movies shortbus then the cached artwork would be deleted from the texture cache so that Kodi can cache the new artwork, which would fail once Kodi realises the original artwork (on your SD card) is no longer available/accessible.

(2018-09-26, 16:13)ctawn Wrote: However, in Info>Artwork, the fanart, poster, and thumbnail are blank.   If I refresh, I get a message such as: "Locally stored information found. Do you want to ignore and fetch from the internet?"

Can texturecache help with this, and if so how?   Right now I'm just sitting back to the task of refreshing each movie and re-choosing artwork when needed.

Thanks.

Use mklocal.py - link at the bottom of the first post. You can use it to correct the artwork paths in your library.
@Milhouse, thanks for this script. I saw that my thumbnails directory was getting bloated and I was able to reduce the size by half when running
Code:
texturecache.py P

I was hoping to setup a cron job to run this weekly, but I've noticed that it errors out if kodi is not running at the time that the script is run. I just wanted to check if there is a workaround for this or if it is just a limitation. Either way, thanks for sharing your efforts with us.
(2018-09-28, 03:16)knappster Wrote: @Milhouse, thanks for this script. I saw that my thumbnails directory was getting bloated and I was able to reduce the size by half when running
Code:
texturecache.py P

I was hoping to setup a cron job to run this weekly, but I've noticed that it errors out if kodi is not running at the time that the script is run. I just wanted to check if there is a workaround for this or if it is just a limitation. Either way, thanks for sharing your efforts with us.

No workaround, Kodi is required.
  • 169(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17