• 181(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-12-23, 02:25)lococola Wrote: Any idea what could be wrong? There seems to be an issue converting non-alphabetical characters in the url string? I have searched this entire thread but could not find anything that looks like this issue.
Entire log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/kohizuzufu.kodi

You should check your kodi log as it's kodi that is not able to download the artwork from tmdb.org - it could be that TMDB is blocking the Kodi request, possibly for rate-limiting reasons. You could retry later and you might have more luck. Bulk caching artwork from remote web sites is prone to random download errors such as these as the remote sites are often under heavy load and will rate limit requests apparently randomly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-12-23, 09:43)IT007 Wrote: I'm running into a strange error. The script is getting stuck before it really begins, both when run locally and remotely. Nothing is written to the script's log when this happens, it's like it does not start at all(cmd running the script is stuck and has to be closed). Restarting Kodi does not help but rebooting Windows on the machine running Kodi fixes it. Because of this I don't think Kodi debug log would help? I have no idea how many days I would need to log waiting for it to happen again...

Windows 10, Kodi 17.6 Dsplayer, latest texturecache.py

If absolutely nothing is written to the log then almost certainly your Python installation on Windows is broken somehow. Could also be a firewall rule, but you should have something written to the log before any communication is started with Kodi. Check that you are able to run a simple Python script without a problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-12-22, 05:06)MasterCATZ Wrote: *edit*

I ended up rolling back to try again  14gb mysql Db

how can I go about cleaning up these entries , and getting the images back into the profiles folders

s01e08-thumb.jpg'),(118,68,'episode','thumb','/SnapRaidArray/Anime/xbmc_videodb_2017-10-29/tvshows/

if I remove the xbmc_videodb_XXX  backups would your script then fix the missing files ?

I really have no idea what you have done or how you get to where you are, and any advice I might give you would be entirely speculative at best. Sorry.
(2019-12-24, 00:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 09:43)IT007 Wrote: I'm running into a strange error. The script is getting stuck before it really begins, both when run locally and remotely. Nothing is written to the script's log when this happens, it's like it does not start at all(cmd running the script is stuck and has to be closed). Restarting Kodi does not help but rebooting Windows on the machine running Kodi fixes it. Because of this I don't think Kodi debug log would help? I have no idea how many days I would need to log waiting for it to happen again...

Windows 10, Kodi 17.6 Dsplayer, latest texturecache.py

If absolutely nothing is written to the log then almost certainly your Python installation on Windows is broken somehow. Could also be a firewall rule, but you should have something written to the log before any communication is started with Kodi. Check that you are able to run a simple Python script without a problem.  
Well, like I said, some times the script runs and sometimes it does not. Rebooting always fixes it. Other scripts seem to work without a problem. I did add exclusion to Windows Defender antivirus as that was my first guess, but did not think to do that with firewall. I'll add python rule and see how that goes.

Edit: Firewall does not seem to be a problem. I uninstalled python 3 completely and installed python 2.7. Same thing, gets stuck. Rebooting windows fixed it again.
Hey all,

Hope anyone can help as I am not sure what's going wrong. I am trying to run 'c' to cache all Thumbnails, and it keeps crashing out. I have completely deleted my userdata folder of Thumbnails and Database folder and rescanned, twice, but it keeps happening.

It appears to cycle through "Queuring work items", kodi will then sometimes crash, sometimes not, but in either scanario, texturecache bombs out.

I am using the latest version: Current Version: v2.5.2
On: Kodi (18.5) - osmc build

Things that may be of note and unusual. I use a username/password for JSON which is configured in the cfg file. I have a large library of items. I host all my library content on my webserver over HTTPS.

Here are my logs: removed

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
@yhs4260: You've configured texturecache.py to use 1000 download threads, and you're basically killing the kodi webserver with an excessive number of concurrent web requests (the kodi webserver stops responding to the 716th request). Reduce the number of download threads to something more reasonable, such as 10 or 20.
(2020-01-03, 01:09)Milhouse Wrote: @yhs4260: You've configured texturecache.py to use 1000 download threads, and you're basically killing the kodi webserver with an excessive number of concurrent web requests (the kodi webserver stops responding to the 716th request). Reduce the number of download threads to something more reasonable, such as 10 or 20.
What a bloody idiot I am. Thank you Sir! I don't even remember changing it, and I know that would break it. I must have had a few beers! That's my only defence!
[exec, execw] Execute the specified addon, with optional parameters. eg. exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true mediatype=tvshow. Use execw to wait, but this rarely has any effect (possibly not implemented by JSON?)

Hello Milhouse! 

First of all, I would like to thank you for your efforts on such a program! It is working well, but I have a question because I couldn't understand the basics, I think.

How can I use the "exec" command to watch a tv channel from a plugin? For example youtube plugin? Or else, how can I play a webpage video (not youtube) via your program? But still, I couldn't succeed with this intention.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!
(2020-01-24, 23:41)konrul Wrote: I am using a plugin named ...

Please be aware of our forum rules (wiki) that forbids the use of banned add-ons when using this forum.
Any use of add-ons that facilitate video piracy will result instantly in stopping support here.

So either come here with a fully "clean" Kodi setup, or find your support elsewhere.
(2020-01-24, 23:48)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-24, 23:41)konrul Wrote: I am using a plugin named ...

Please be aware of our forum rules (wiki) that forbids the use of banned add-ons when using this forum.
Any use of add-ons that facilitate video piracy will result instantly in stopping support here.

So either come here with a fully "clean" Kodi setup, or find your support elsewhere. 

Hi, I am so sorry I wasn't aware of that. I want to change my question for YouTube plug-in if possible.
(2020-01-24, 23:41)konrul Wrote: [exec, execw] Execute the specified addon, with optional parameters. eg. exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true mediatype=tvshow. Use execw to wait, but this rarely has any effect (possibly not implemented by JSON?)

Correct, I've had very limited success with execw myself - this calls the Addons.ExecuteAddon with wait parameter but it generally doesn't do much, which is down to Kodi or how the addon has been coded (for instance, the add-on might pass on the work to a service method so that the add-on responds more quickly in the GUI).

(2020-01-24, 23:41)konrul Wrote: How can I use the "exec" command to watch a tv channel from a plugin? For example youtube plugin? Or else, how can I play a webpage video (not youtube) via your program? But still, I couldn't succeed with this intention.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!

I don't know about your tv channel and plugin, maybe ask the plugin maintainer.

To watch a video you can use play "<video url>" where <video url> is the path to a local video file (that is accessible by Kodi) or the url of an internet video. You can use playw to wait until the video playback is finished.

To watch a YouTube video, you'll need to use the appropriate plugin-formatted url, for example:
text:

texturecache.py playw "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=tnOHod0Bqas"
(2020-01-25, 01:18)Milhouse Wrote: texturecache.py playw "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=tnOHod0Bqas"

Hello again, is it possible to play any video url with this method? For instance: 

Code:
texturecache.py playw "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?url=https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/live/2003458/nhkwlive-xjp/index_1M.m3u8"

Thanks in advance
You can use the playw method to play any video url that Kodi understands.

The YouTube plugin url is specific to the YouTube add-on and will only play YouTube content.

To play your m3u8 stream just use:
text:

texturecache.py playw "https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/live/2003458/nhkwlive-xjp/index_1M.m3u8"
Hi, I used this tool in the past but now I cant get it working anymore. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I'm using latest phyton version and latest github version of this tool.
I also use the same path and the same command as in the past.
path\texturecache.py-master\texturecache.py C
If I enter this in cmd and push enter nothing happens. No error no process. It just opens another command line.
Do you have an idea what I could do wrong? Its quite a while when I used this tool probably I miss something.
(2020-02-09, 04:37)Kupo91 Wrote: Do you have an idea what I could do wrong? Its quite a while when I used this tool probably I miss something.

Not really. You could try adding @logfile=tc.log to the command line and then see if it gets as far as writing anything to the logfile - if not then I suspect your Python environment is messed up somehow, try running a trivial Python script and see if that works any better.
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17