• 187(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-04-11, 01:12)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-04-08, 16:41)Tomtefan Wrote: You're right, I've sent the link.

Thanks I've downloaded your MyVideos116.db, I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

@Tomtefan I can reproduce the error using your database, I don't know the exact cause yet (or how or if I can fix it) but I'll let you know when I do (hopefully soon).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Tomtefan: the problem is with the data in your SQLite3 database - the filename for Homeland S03 E02 has been scraped with a garbage character.

Kodi outputs the following JSON data which is not a valid unicode string:
text:

"file":"/storage/data/video/TV/Homeland/Homeland - s03e02 - Uh... Oh... Ah\x85.mkv"

This can't be fixed using texturecache.py (you can set most fields in the media library database using the script, but unfortunately not the file path) so the best option would be to check that the actual file doesn't have this garbage character in the filename (if it does, remove it) then remove the episode from the media library, and then rescrape it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse 
Yes it is texturecache P that I use and all of the lines in the cleaning "log" are similar to this one
Code:
000516|4/443ad077.jpg|0360|0640|0001|2020-04-03 13:54:25|                   |https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/previews-ttv/live_user_acrylicashh-640x360.jpg?timestamp=2020-04-03%2016%3A53%3A34.879046
if it helps (this one is from twitch).
I will check kod's log next time and I will try vclean first.

p.s. I do not know hw to quote your post and delete my quoted post from it at the same time, sorry.
(2020-04-13, 01:00)Milhouse Wrote: @Tomtefan: the problem is with the data in your SQLite3 database - the filename for Homeland S03 E02 has been scraped with a garbage character.

Kodi outputs the following JSON data which is not a valid unicode string:
text:

"file":"/storage/data/video/TV/Homeland/Homeland - s03e02 - Uh... Oh... Ah\x85.mkv"

This can't be fixed using texturecache.py (you can set most fields in the media library database using the script, but unfortunately not the file path) so the best option would be to check that the actual file doesn't have this garbage character in the filename (if it does, remove it) then remove the episode from the media library, and then rescrape it.
@Milhouse 
Thanks, that seems to have solved the issue.

The file did have that character in the name at the end ($205).
Is it possible to pre-cache a specific tv show or movie by its IMDB ID (or other ID) instead of its name?

For example something like this:

Code:
texturecache.py c tvshows tt0944947
No, the API doesn't support that filter.
My "stats" from today's cleanup: ~20 minutes for ~4900 files summing up ~80MB. 
20 minutes is a lot of time for deleting only 80MB, but 20 minutes is also a lot for 4900 files... Deleting the thumbnails folder altogether would take only a second or two.

I just noticed that I forgot to use vclean first Sad
(2020-04-18, 13:11)jim_p Wrote: My "stats" from today's cleanup: ~20 minutes for ~4900 files summing up ~80MB. 
20 minutes is a lot of time for deleting only 80MB, but 20 minutes is also a lot for 4900 files... Deleting the thumbnails folder altogether would take only a second or two.

I'm pretty sure the P (prune) command is just correlating the contents of your media library with your texture cache library, and then removing anything from the latter that is not referenced by the former. The time taken to perform this task depends on the size of the respective libraries, the speed of the device being cleaned (and, if being performed remotely, the speed of the network between the machine running the script and the device being cleaned). So if you have a very large library and are cleaning a slow machine (eg. RPi1) then yes, it could take a while just to remove only a few files as it has to compare the entirety of both libraries to determine there are only a few files that can be removed.

I don't know how large your libraries are, or what device you are cleaning, but it is entirely possible that it could take several minutes - it has to crunch quite a lot of data!

(2020-04-18, 13:11)jim_p Wrote: I just noticed that I forgot to use vclean first Sad
The only reason I mentioned vclean is because cleaning the library can often incur significant delays while Kodi communicates with potentially non-existent remote web services - if you're not cleaning your library then this isn't the cause of the delays, I'm not suggesting you run vclean!
Hi all

i have quite a large library with lots of artwork stored locally. Most is working however i do see some failures when running using 'C', and would like to try and clean it up. I enabled logging in texturecache but there is a ton of info in there, is it possible to set logging to only show items that texturecache tried and failed to cache with their paths?

does any one know exactly what 'vclean' is doing? is this the same as running 'clean library' from under media/library/video library in Kodi settings, or something different?

Thanks!!
(2020-04-29, 13:23)thecubasekid Wrote: is it possible to set logging to only show items that texturecache tried and failed to cache with their paths?
No.
(2020-04-29, 13:23)thecubasekid Wrote: does any one know exactly what 'vclean' is doing? is this the same as running 'clean library' from under media/library/video library in Kodi settings, or something different?
Yes, it's executing a "clean library", same as if you selected it from the Kodi settings. The only difference is that, by default, it performs a "silent" clean - ie. without GUI dialogs and notifications etc. If you want to see dialogs/notifications/etc. during the clean then add @clean.showdialogs=yes.

Similaryly when scanning, dialogs/notifications/etc. are also disabled by default - add @Scan.showdialogs=yes when performing a vscan or ascan to enable the GUI notifications.
(2020-04-29, 15:13)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 13:23)thecubasekid Wrote: is it possible to set logging to only show items that texturecache tried and failed to cache with their paths?
No.
(2020-04-29, 13:23)thecubasekid Wrote: does any one know exactly what 'vclean' is doing? is this the same as running 'clean library' from under media/library/video library in Kodi settings, or something different?
Yes, it's executing a "clean library", same as if you selected it from the Kodi settings. The only difference is that, by default, it performs a "silent" clean - ie. without GUI dialogs and notifications etc. If you want to see dialogs/notifications/etc. during the clean then add @clean.showdialogs=yes.

Similaryly when scanning, dialogs/notifications/etc. are also disabled by default - add @Scan.showdialogs=yes when performing a vscan or ascan to enable the GUI notifications. 
OK Thanks Millhouse!
Hey,

I know it is possible to do a library scan on a particular path, but is it also possible to do a clean on a specific path?

Thanks
(2020-05-01, 16:12)yhs4260 Wrote: Hey,

I know it is possible to do a library scan on a particular path, but is it also possible to do a clean on a specific path?

Thanks
No, that's not supported by Kodi.
(2020-05-01, 16:18)Milhouse Wrote:
(2020-05-01, 16:12)yhs4260 Wrote: Hey,

Thanks
No, that's not supported by Kodi. 
Shame. Thanks for confirming.
Hey folks,

Searching this thread in desperation, I've tried a couple of approaches to run this script on Kodi 18.6 "Leia" running on Android Fire TV Stick 4K.

First try with Autoexec.py, second try using the Json-rpc api, third try kodi.callbacks always with the same result:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ikocipalaj.kodi

I've read that this problem is OS related and tried the proposed approach here with shell.py file, which lead to this error:
https://paste.kodi.tv/milesezipu.kodi

I have no idea how to make this script work on Android, If anyone has managed to do so please share.

Thanks
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17