• 192(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I finally succeed to restore watched list from old library export using an intermediate and temporary kodi for generating the watched list backup.
Hello Milhouse,
my recordings from a tvheadend server are stored on a fileserver via nfs. In Kodi the fileserver is the source for my movies.
The folder structure looks like:
2020-12-14 21-30 A Boring Recording
├  A Boring Recording-poster.png
├  A Boring Recording.ts
├  A Boring Recording.nfo
└  A Boring Recording.tbn
The folder and the video file is created by tvheadend - ".nfo",  "-poster.png" and ".tbn" are created by a (pre-processor) script. The ".tbn" is just a channel logo copied and renamed. During the recording, you will see (Kodi - Movies - BigList) the title of the recording:  "A Boring Recording ... is beeing recorded" and the channel logo as thumbnail. When the recording is finished or stopped, the "post-processor" script  creates an updated ".nfo", takes a snapshot of the video and replaces the ".tbn". After rescanning the database, the updated ".nfo" is shown in Kodi, but not the new ".tbn".

Is the a way to update the Kodi database (and Kodi!) with the new "A Boring Recording.tbn"? I tried some curl/json stuff and texturecache with the qax command. And I got no reliable solution...
(2020-12-17, 15:31)Bernd245 Wrote: Hello Milhouse,
my recordings from a tvheadend server are stored on a fileserver via nfs. In Kodi the fileserver is the source for my movies.
Is the a way to update the Kodi database (and Kodi!) with the new "A Boring Recording.tbn"? I tried some curl/json stuff and texturecache with the qax command. And I got no reliable solution...

Oups,
is my problem perhaps Kodi (V18) related?
I tried the following steps:
1.  deleted the .tbn file
2. ./texturecache.py C movies "A Boring Recording"   ->   ;-)   image is deleted from .../userdata/Thumbnails/6 folder   ->   :-(   nothing changed in Kodi
3. new .tbn file copied into movie folder
4. ./texturecache.py qax movies "A Boring Recording"   ->   ;-)   image from new .tbn is in .../userdata/Thumbnails/6 folder   ->   :-(   oh, a twinkle, but the original thumbnail loads again
5. Restart Kodi   ->   :-|   the new thumbnail is here   ->   :-(   Woman acceptance factor = 0
Remarks:  This happens despite rescanning and cleaning from inside Kodi and remote via curl.

Do you have an idea, or am I off-topic?

Bernd
@Milhouse I am enjoying this cool script for years..... Since last week I am getting this weird issue while updating my IMDB details via OMDB API.... For some reason it's skipping all Movies until "B". Can you please inform what to do and how to fix..... I have attached the tc.log as well...

Console output: https://pastebin.com/BFD1xegg
Executed command: ./texturecache.py imdb movies @imdb.fields.movies=top250,title,rating,votes | ./texturecache.py set @logfile=tc.log
Hi I keep getting forcing recache all is disabled but I put the line in at the end, I tried everythiung like removing the # at the beginning like the text says, leaving it, formatting it as allow.recacheall=yes instead of allow.recacheall = yes, putting it at the top, erasing the whole thing except for that line. nothing works, can u please help i feel like im making a noob mistake but ive never used python before really.

Code:
##
## THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE CONFIGURATION FILE
##
## All of the following lines are comments.
##
## Remove the # at the beginning of a line
## to make that property "active".
##
## Add extra properties to the end of the file.
##
## Don't specify properties unless you want or
## need to override the default value.
##

#userdata = ~/.xbmc/userdata/
#dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
#thumbnails = Thumbnails/
#xbmc.host = localhost
#webserver.port = 8080
#rpc.port = 9090
#download.threads = 2
#extrajson.albums  =
#extrajson.artists =
#extrajson.songs   =
#extrajson.movies  =
#extrajson.sets    =
#extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
#extrajson.tvshows.season =
#extrajson.tvshows.episode=
#qaperiod = 30
#qa.file = no
#cache.castthumb = no
#logfile =
#logfile.verbose = no
#network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
allow.recacheall = yes
I'm running into an issue where the scraped artwork is broken for some of my older media (specifically movies). So after clearing the cache I've got quite a few movies without a poster image.

e.g., 

Code:

./texturecache.py C movies @cache.artwork=poster @cache.refresh=0

Caching artwork: 0 items remaining of 770 (qs: 0, qm: 0), 770 errors, 0 threads active (05.00 downloads per second, ETA: 00:00:00)

The following items could not be downloaded:

[poster    ] [10,000 Saints                           ] http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/boQZU...Aw2SJ5.jpg
[poster    ] [13                                      ] http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/8w54a...myIFMN.jpg
[poster    ] [30 Days of Night                        ] http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/utaOr...hA7DKk.jpg

# output trimmed

Is there some way to delete the scraped library art from this list? (this is more of a library issue and less of a cache issue)

Thanks in advance
Hi Folks,

does anyone know how i can write the output from the cmd window to a text file? (i am using win 10).

i tried stetting logging in the config file, and that works but the file has loads of info i don't need, and grows massive very fast (a full run using 'C' takes about 1.5 hours, and with the logging enabled, the log file is already 14mb after less than a minute) so just want to print the standard stuff that is in the window when running so i can later search for art that failed to cache and try to fix.

Thanks!
@Milhouse, I hate to ask, but I was wondering if you could tell me if I missed something here. I have a batch file to do maintenance on my library, but it either hangs on scan or clean - in fact, it doesn't clean video or audio anymore. here's the batch file I shamelessly stole from someone else and updated when I migrated tp Python 3. Also, i have @clean.scan / showdialogs=yes, but get nothing. Can you suggest a tweak to get get it to work? Thanks in advance!
Quote:echo "Start Scanning Video Library vscan"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py vscan @clean.showdialogs=yes
timeout /t 3
echo "Start Cleaning Video Library vclean"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py vclean @clean.showdialogs=yes
timeout /t 3
echo "Start Cleaning Video Library vclean"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py vclean @clean.showdialogs=yes
timeout /t 3
echo "Start Scanning Audio Library ascan"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py ascan @Scan.showdialogs=yes
timeout /t 3
echo "Start Cleaning Audio Library aclean"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py aclean @clean.showdialogs=yes
timeout /t 3
echo "Start Cleaning Audio Library aclean"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py aclean @clean.showdialogs=yes
timeout /t 3
echo "Start update with qax"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py qax
timeout /t 3
echo "Start scanning texturecache with function C"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py C
timeout /t 3
echo "Prune data missing on disk P"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py P
timeout /t 3
echo "Start update with Xd"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py Xd
timeout /t 3
echo "Start Reverse query cache update with R"
"C:\Users\rongr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe" texturecache.py R
timeout /t 3
echo "end"
Hi there.  First off, thanks very much for the script, it's been ace for getting rid of the odd corrupt image and saves loads of messing around.

Secondly, is there any way to use wildcards in when searching?  For example, if I use ./texturecache.py s "film" it lists about 30 files, poster, banner, all the actors etc.  Is it possible to use something like (although I tried it, so not this exactly...) ./texturecache.py s "file * poster" to display only the file - poster.jpg file, but without having to type in the exact filename?

Ta
Texturec Cache stop since i upgrade to Matrix, any help
Quote:C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache>texturecache.py c @kodi.host=192.168.2.147
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 8663, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 8353, in main
    if not checkConfig(argv[0]): sys.exit(2)
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 7893, in checkConfig
    data = wcomms.sendJSON(REQUEST, "libPing", checkResult=False, useWebServer=True)
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 2230, in sendJSON
    return self.sendWeb("POST", "/jsonrpc", id, request, {"Content-Type": "application/json"}, timeout=timeout)
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 2177, in sendWeb
    raise httplib.HTTPException("Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties")
http.client.HTTPException: Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2021-03-29, 04:12)movie78 Wrote: Texturec Cache stop since i upgrade to Matrix, any help
Quote:C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache>texturecache.py c @kodi.host=192.168.2.147
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 8663, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 7893, in checkConfig
    data = wcomms.sendJSON(REQUEST, "libPing", checkResult=False, useWebServer=True)
  File "C:\Users\micha\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py", line 2230, in sendJSON
    return self.sendWeb("POST", "/jsonrpc", id, request, {"Content-Type": "application/json"}, timeout=timeout)
    raise httplib.HTTPException("Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties")
http.client.HTTPException: Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties

Looks to me like you have a blank password for the web interface.  I think a password is mandatory now with Matrix, set one in Kodi and in the texturecache.cfg and try again.
(2021-04-01, 23:24)lawhead Wrote:
(2021-03-29, 04:12)movie78 Wrote: Texturec Cache stop since i upgrade to Matrix, any help

Looks to me like you have a blank password for the web interface.  I think a password is mandatory now with Matrix, set one in Kodi and in the texturecache.cfg and try again.
Where do I input the password in the texturecache.cfg file?
Quote: 
Quote:#
## THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE CONFIGURATION FILE
##
## All of the following lines are comments.
##
## Remove the # at the beginning of a line
## to make that property "active".
##
## Add extra properties to the end of the file.
##
## Don't specify properties unless you want or
## need to override the default value.
##

#userdata = ~/.xbmc/userdata/
#dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
#thumbnails = Thumbnails/
#xbmc.host = localhost
#webserver.port = 8080
#rpc.port = 9090
#download.threads = 2
#extrajson.albums  =
#extrajson.artists =
#extrajson.songs   =
#extrajson.movies  =
#extrajson.sets    =
#extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
#extrajson.tvshows.season =
#extrajson.tvshows.episode=
#qaperiod = 30
#qa.file = no
#cache.castthumb = no
#logfile =
#logfile.verbose = no
#network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2021-04-02, 00:46)movie78 Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 23:24)lawhead Wrote:

Quote: 

Quote: 

For user/password settings see:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Cache_Mai...ce_utility

Section 7 shows:

webserver.username =
webserver.password =

I believe you might need those 2 settings added to config with your user and pw set for each entry.

I'm running ( the most recent version from https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py ) against Kodi Matrix and it seems to work for me.
(2021-04-13, 01:53)kcook_shield Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 00:46)movie78 Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 23:24)lawhead Wrote: Looks to me like you have a blank password for the web interface.  I think a password is mandatory now with Matrix, set one in Kodi and in the texturecache.cfg and try again.
Quote: 

Quote: 

For user/password settings see:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Cache_Mai...ce_utility

Section 7 shows:

webserver.username =
webserver.password =

I believe you might need those 2 settings added to config with your user and pw set for each entry.

I'm running ( the most recent version from https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py ) against Kodi Matrix and it seems to work for me.
Added those 2 lines and I also added the username and password in kodi, below is the error that I  am getting.

C:\Users\mi\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py-master>texturecache.py c @kodi.host=192.168.1.27
  File "C:\Users\mi\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py-master\texturecache.py", line 8663, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\mi\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py-master\texturecache.py", line 8353, in main
  File "C:\Users\mi\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py-master\texturecache.py", line 7893, in checkConfig
  File "C:\Users\mi\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py-master\texturecache.py", line 2230, in sendJSON
  File "C:\Users\mi\Desktop\Kodi Cache\texturecache.py-master\texturecache.py", line 2177, in sendWeb
I'm also on Matrix and have the same issue.
Password and username are set in the cfg file but when trying to use the c command I get the same error.
Everything (or the few things I use it for) works just fine but with c I hit this road block.
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17