• 5(current)
Android BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play)
Ok, going to add something similar, Im just a bit lazy right now Sad

Would you prefer both combined like in the video or X dots moving around the TV (you can chose X) and in another menu start from led and fill till the end and goes back to 1 and maybe fill from 1 to end and then the next color from 1 to end.

Kinda hard to explain Wink

I really wanted something like leds reactive to music music but I cant find aynthing.
i think combined one after another will do ,whatever u think is more awsome,i want to impress some girls controling the lights from my smartphone Smile .
I am thinking that with the 2m led strip that had left from adalight/tv project ,i will make a usb light stand ,that will be controled by your app.
thank you.
Im looking for a logo/icon.

Something like the old google currents logo, so if anyone has something free or for a few bucks let me know Wink
Just a short : THANK YOU!!!! for this great app! works out of the box on my tablet (android 4.2.2).

Grat work, realy enjoying it, thanks!

Smile
Damn, I started in photoshop and when I was done I had a google chrome logo...

Not sure if google allows a logo like that on Play.
lol ! funny,

ask them ...
I put something together, that is ok for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rno2ae...idBeta.apk

Would be great if some of you could test this version and report back. If you want something added please tell me until the weekend.

Everything seems to work for me.

But just tell me if you like it, if you want a notification back or whatever.

Oh and please give me names for the modes, I dont really know what to call them, so for the beta its snake and circling light Wink

Todo:

performance

layout (right now its just portait and only tested on 4.65 720p display, but I have to get everything working so I dont have to change the layout a hundred times)

Im looking into a music reactive function but thats probably not going to happen before the Play release if at all.
Hi TeKo,

I downloaded the new version yesterday, works great on my tablet (Android 4.2.2)!

But I am missing the selection for colors in "mood light" mode (?), which fades trough colors. In the previous version, there were 2 half circles when i clicked on the circle in the middle, now there is only 1 and colors seem to change from e.g. red -> white -> orange -> white -> yellow -> white... and so on...
maybe i did not use the app right, but that was kind of confusing.

the other thing is the priority which can now be set in settings. i tried different values between 10 and 181, but BobDroid did not gave color control to boblight when i startet a movie...shouldn´t the priority do that?

But overall: still a great app, thank you so much! Big Grin
I am currently thinking about programing a little XBMC controll app myself, with focus on music playing - maybe BobDroid should be integrated into an XBMC remote app, for having all in one place Wink do you plan to release the source? ^^
Im checking the moodlight.
For the mood light you just select the start color.

I think xbmc priority is 128 so you have to set it higher than that.
Great app

I use it on a tablet, the colorwheel is displayed to the left, I think it should be centered, maybe this is only visible on a tablet, maybe on a phone the colorwheel looks centered?
I presume since it's a beta app, that the Music Light is under development, and will work in a future final version?
Also the speed settings are to high, when moving the speed slider to the left, it is still to fast, is it possible to have lower speeds?

All in all a great app, thanx
Thanks, yea I can only test on a Gnex and emulator, so its probably too fast because your device is faster than mine. I think right now its from 120ms to 15ms delay what do you think would be a good number for your device? Would something like 200ms be enough?

Like I said the layout right now are only optimized for my phone because I have to redo everything after changing items.
When everything is working I create the layout for different screen sizes and orientations.

I cant guarantee that music light will ever work I just want to get everything else working before I look into it.

I changed the delay would be nice if you could report back if its enough or if I should add more delay:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rno2ae...idBeta.apk
Thank you,

I tested your new build, the flashing is still a little to fast to my liking, it's like a stroboscope, 4 times slower then it currently is, would be great

So I think 500ms would be OK, then it would flash at lowest speed every half second probably, wich would be great.
Which mode are you using?
The Snake Light and Circling Light
Half a second seems way too much for me.

Updated, just use the link from the other post.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BobDroid - Control boblight from Android (Now on Play)3