A few issues with my new Frodo install...
Recently upgraded my main PC to frodo. Completely uninstalled eden in order to start fresh and hit the ground running,
After adding all my local media and setting up my skin (Quartz at the moment) and appearance settings I have 2 issues.
1.) ALL of my TV shows show as HD (they have the HD tag beside their name.
2.) When browsing through my lists, TV or movies, if I hold down it will jump back to the top/bottom of the list when hitting the end. I would prefer it to stop when hitting the end of the list.
Anyone know how I can fix this?
Just noticed that the HD tags are showing up all over the place where they are not needed. Every actor if I browse by actor, every studio etc....
Certainly not a problem for me in other skins. Try the Quartz thread...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm very happy that you are not having this issue, but I checked and I see the HD tag in other skins as well, so it's not just an issue with the skin.
Some of the content is HD, but the vast majority is not. Anyone have any advice?
According to this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Med...a_flags.3F The info is obtained from the file itself, try a debug log of this issue occurring.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I do have all info stored in .nfo files. Never had this issue in eden. Don't think a debug log would make much of a difference if it's not causing any error in XBMC right?

Just took a moment to look at the .nfo files for several episodes and there is nothing there that points to HD content so i can be pretty sure it's not the .nfo files. Also, I just realized that not a single file that is not HD has a HD flag, only the listings for the shows and seasons. Also checked the .nfo files associated with those and saw nothing wrong.
Post the following information for one of these non-HD episodes that displays with an HD icon:
  • The exact and entire file name of an example video file
  • The contents of the .nfo file for this same video file
(2013-03-27, 04:19)dkplayaclub Wrote: I do have all info stored in .nfo files. Never had this issue in eden. Don't think a debug log would make much of a difference if it's not causing any error in XBMC right?

Just took a moment to look at the .nfo files for several episodes and there is nothing there that points to HD content so i can be pretty sure it's not the .nfo files. Also, I just realized that not a single file that is not HD has a HD flag, only the listings for the shows and seasons. Also checked the .nfo files associated with those and saw nothing wrong.
The wiki states that the HD/SD info is not obtained from scraping (whether it be nfo or online) but from examining the file itself.

So for a season that has an HD flag, are ANY of the episodes HD?
This is what I find so odd. I do have some episodes in HD, but only certain shows. The vast majority of my episodes are DVD rips.
Every show and season shows HD, even the ones that not one episode is HD.
Like I said, the episodes themselves do not have HD flags, but the seasons and shows ALL do.
Actually can you identify some detail of what you are seeing - a screenshot perhaps? I installed quartz to look into this and in none of my views to I see a HD/SD flag at the season level.

Can you tell me a

* skin
* view

that shows the problem? Sorry if I am being thick.
OK. Thanks for sticking with me on this one. I am as confused as you.
Using Quartz (my favorite skin) this is what I see when I look at my lost of TV shows :

And when I go to season view :

As you can see, I have nearly 90 TV entries. In reality only 4 or 5 shows are HD (Blu-Ray Rips). The HD tags are on ALL shows and seasons.
Also, There is this :

Which is crazy to me. If I browse my TV Shows or movies, the HD tag shows up on every item in the list whether I choose to browse by genre, actor, year, studio, director etc.

Also, I took a screen using Confluence skin, I noticed that the video info shown is exactly the same for every TV show. (720, avc1, aac, 2.0, 16:9)

Under Confluence I also noticed that the individual episodes are marked HD or SD properly. Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few issues with my new Frodo install...0