Sound Dropout
Hello
Since some time, I have occasionally sound drop outs. About 2 to 3 seconds no sound. This is with music or in movies.

Here is a log, just after the dropout I switched subtitles...

Logfile

Can anybody help?

Thank you.
Here a second log, also pressed L to change subtitles after the dropout. Same movie, dropout a little latter.

Logfile 2

Thanks for any hint.
Why does XBMC Change from 48Khz to 192Khz?

6426.19:09:54 T:1068 INFO: CAEStreamInfo::SyncDTS - dtsHD stream detected (8 channels, 48000Hz, 16bit BE, period: 8192)
6427.19:09:54 T:1068 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio: Sample rate changed, checking for passthrough
6428.19:09:54 T:1068 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opening
6429.19:09:54 T:1068 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opened
6430.19:09:54 T:1068 NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86020, channels: 8, sample rate: 192000, pass-through)
6431.19:09:54 T:1068 INFO: CSoftAE::MakeStream - AE_FMT_DTSHD, 192000, RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW
Thats the problem with free software, no one cares it the user has a problem. Well maybe not better with payed stuff... ;-)

I just opened a BUG - I hope I will get a hint what to do...
Some people have real lives too and maybe are able to react the same day.
Thanks, and how does your post help anybody?
It changed from 48khz to 192khz because it was a DTS-HD MA stream, which needs a link speed of 192khz.

Check your network buffering, try test from a local file, and play around with the <audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>150</audiosinkbufferdurationmsec> tag in as.xml. You would put it within an <audio></audio> pair and 150 is a good value if you're experiencing issues.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thank you very much DDamian - will check that out.

Thanks.
With 150 still dropouts. Should I set next to 200 or any else? Tks.
You can try but I would suspect that's not the issue then. The value is the output buffer in msec so you can likely go up to several hundred, but again I doubt that's the issue now.

Does the file play ok locally?
Do your external file sources sleep and require spin-up?
Did you have any kind of sync enabled?

The only thing I saw from the log is a brief discontinuity before pullup correction kicked in which is normal and not audible.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Changed back to 12.0 XBMC but also dropouts... I dont understand why all of a sudden I have soundproblems...
Try what I mentioned above. You may also want to disable any addons, but after doing the above.
The same 360.mkv from c: has also dropouts.
No nothing is going on on the pc or nas just playing the file.
The nas is going to sleep, yes but after 20 min. or so. It is up and running now.
Re-checked your logs and still nothing jumps out except some alarmclock thingy you have going on.

Can only suggest try a portable install without anything else added on, and re-check your HDMI cable/connections.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Dropout0