• 3(current)
~1 minute delay when starting XBMC
(2013-04-17, 19:38)nokdim Wrote: I have had the same issue which was all related to DB issues.
Do you have PhPMyAdmin installed to see if data is actually being populated into your MySql DB?

There is a local DB that gets populated if it cant connect to your MySql DB so make sure your MySql DB is being populated with data.

If it is not than you have an issue with permissions or basic connectivity or your MySql DB isn't online.

Take out the DB Settings from advancedsettings.xml and you will see that 1 minute delay go away which will confirm this is a DB issue.

My delay is >3 min

T:3800 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental
T:3800 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [1130](Host 'Geitoniko-PC.home' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server) 34 times MyMusic xxx
T:3800 ERROR: Unable to create new database
T:3800 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos75 [2005](Unknown MySQL server host '***.***.***.***' (2)) ~60 times MyVideos xx
T:2636 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

Problem resolved...My IP address was missing from the first section of mySQL advancedsettings.xml !

Sorry...
(2013-05-10, 12:31)trin Wrote: My delay is >3 min

T:3800 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental
T:3800 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic32 [1130](Host 'Geitoniko-PC.home' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server) 34 times MyMusic xxx
T:3800 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos75 [2005](Unknown MySQL server host '***.***.***.***' (2)) ~60 times MyVideos xx
T:2636 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

Problem resolved...My IP address was missing from the first section of mySQL advancedsettings.xml !

Sorry...

haha @trin Very happy you got your problem fixed, but went from super excited when I saw there was a new post in this thread to super disappointed when I realized it wasn't somebody offering me a suggestion for a fix. Still having issues myself....
Did you try dumping and rebuilding your music db? it seems like you have a 1.5 minute delay around your music stuff:

17:50:00 T:7116 DEBUG: Suspended the Sink
17:51:42 T:8864 DEBUG: ADDON: Starting service addons.

This seems to happen right after your music library update.
יונתן בן-חיים
(2013-05-10, 19:07)nokdim Wrote: Did you try dumping and rebuilding your music db? it seems like you have a 1.5 minute delay around your music stuff:

@nokdim, thanks for coming back! I did dump the Music db and to the best of my knowledge I had completely removed it, but when I'm home I will double check that everything has been removed. Thanks for taking another look! I'll post my findings in a few hours.
(2013-05-10, 19:07)nokdim Wrote: Did you try dumping and rebuilding your music db? it seems like you have a 1.5 minute delay around your music stuff:

I dumped the music db from MySQL and deleted the music db from the Databases folder (after just dropping the Musicdb from MySQL didn't do the trick) and it didn't work. I still experience the 1.5 minute delay when manually updating the Library. I don't even have a Music source in the sources.xml file. I also removed the Music db MySQL portion of the advancedsettings.xml. There's still a delay. Music32 db was repopulated in the Databases folder of the Userdata folder and there is now no Music db in MySQL. Here is a debug log of 2 separate consecutive Library Updates:

http://pastebin.com/gNj4HdjQ

I obviously noticed the same
Code:
11:54:18 T:9456   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 9456 terminating (autodelete)
11:55:54 T:8760  NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
at the first Update Library but the second one had that sink you referred to:
Code:
12:03:13 T:3584   DEBUG: Suspended the Sink
12:04:48 T:5356  NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
but I really have no idea why the second one would be different at all.
@TharnJaggar, any luck with this? I am also experiencing something similar, see my threads here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162603) and here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164282). I thought i'd traced it back to Updating the Library but now I have to think its something to do with how the Windows XBMC client accesses the MySQL/remove library because I get random delays after a file completes and before that file is marked as watched and I can play another.. I disabled all the non-stock add-ons and I still seem to have issues. Before that I blew out the db and started from scratch several times. I see this Suspended Sink thing
Code:
12:03:13 T:3584   DEBUG: Suspended the Sink
12:04:48 T:5356  NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
in my logs for some of the delays, but other times (and more regularly) I see
Code:
17:17:59 T:400   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 400 terminating (autodelete)
17:19:07 T:5332  NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
I had this issue too. Tried lots of stuff posting logs etc Only thing that fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC.

From my logs it looked like it was one of the add ons I was using or a combination of the two or one of them had become corrupted. You could try deleting all addons.

I just backed up my database and advanced xml (you can do settings too but probably safer to change them all fresh but up to you).

But uninstall reinstall should work. Have seen it work for most people with this issue.
(2013-05-18, 06:26)jesse003 Wrote: I had this issue too. Tried lots of stuff posting logs etc Only thing that fixed it was uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC.

From my logs it looked like it was one of the add ons I was using or a combination of the two or one of them had become corrupted. You could try deleting all addons.

I just backed up my database and advanced xml (you can do settings too but probably safer to change them all fresh but up to you).

But uninstall reinstall should work. Have seen it work for most people with this issue.

I did an uninstall/reinstall to get xbmc to a fresh state, but I didn't blow out my db's this time (I've done that 4 times at this point so I wanted to see if just a fresh install on the main pc would do it). It didn't fix the issues. When I manually updated the library I still witnessed the ~1.5min "freeze" of xbmc before the update library process actually started (and then the update was very slow once it actually started). I tried a manual update once more and same thing happened. I will blow out the db's one more time and attempt to rebuild them with the fresh install in case it was somehow any of the add-ons messing with database build process. I'll report back, but, fwiw, it seems to me that my PC installations of XBMC is having an issue accessing the internet or the local shares. Not fully, since everything seems to be working, but maybe a time out or something? I'm really just grasping at straws here, this particular issue is WAAY above my pay grade...
try removing the addons first.
(2013-05-20, 21:52)wsnipex Wrote: try removing the addons first.

There are no add-ons. It was a completely fresh installation (I'm assuming you don't mean remove all the add-ons included in a stock xbmc installation)
Make an image of your current install of windows (or Not). Then do a fresh install of windows 7 or whatever you use.

Once all your drivers etc are updated make another image. Install xbmc. See if the startup and exit is slow or not. Sounds like something is seriously messed up. Once you have everything installed make another image.

I mess around with so much stuff I break my install all the time. (well once every 6 months or so). So its nice to load a fresh image on in 10 mins and be back up and running clean.

Win7 only takes around an hour to install and update especially if you got all the updates and drivers saved locally.
(2013-05-20, 22:14)seth.feinberg Wrote:
(2013-05-20, 21:52)wsnipex Wrote: try removing the addons first.

There are no add-ons. It was a completely fresh installation (I'm assuming you don't mean remove all the add-ons included in a stock xbmc installation)

you completely removed your %appdata%(or whatever the userdata folder is on windows) folder?

Also, did you try with confluence?
(2013-05-21, 11:47)wsnipex Wrote: you completely removed your %appdata%(or whatever the userdata folder is on windows) folder?

Also, did you try with confluence?

Yes, I can 100% confirm this because I realized too late that I had foolishly saved my EventGhost Main.xml inside my xbmc userdata folder and it was no where to be found after removing XBMC and the userdata folder with the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility. But I recreated it and I'm moving onSmile. And I'm only using confluence until I have this installations humming.

Just to clarify, my XBMC closes very quickly and opens up near instantly as long as Update Library on Startup isn't checked. I experience a 1-2 minute "freeze" of xbmc whenever an update library is initiated. If Update Library on Startup is enabled, I see the black XBMC splash screen for 1-2 minutes and if select Update Library manually from the Context Menu of TV Shows or Movies, XBMC becomes completely unresponsive for the same 1-2 minutes (it even reads as Not Responding in the Windows Task Manger). After the 1-2 minutes of unresponsiveness, XBMC "comes back" (reads Running in Task Manager) and starts a Library Update. Here are some threads detailing my issue (sorry for multiple posts! I'm going crazy!): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162603 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164282

The latest logs: http://pastebin.com/XjaYybvM http://pastebin.com/tXUPiFGv
I merged all those threads in here. No matter how crazy you go, please do not start several threads for essentially the same issue.

By looking at your logs that were scattered in several threads I do not believe you ever removed you addons folder, or you just went ahead and reinstalled all your addons right away before debugging.

If you want to properly debug remove the entire %appdata%/XBMC folder and start XBMC with a fresh install.
Uninstalling from 'Programs and will do this only if you select the checkbox to delete the profile folder, but this might sometimes fail to delete some files.

Do not install new addons.
Configure one source and configure it correctly.
Screenshot how you configured your sources and your file structure.

Then test how fast it scrapes, upload a debug log and paste it here.

If all is good, add the next source, test again, and upload log again.
(2013-05-22, 02:31)Kibje Wrote: I merged all those threads in here. No matter how crazy you go, please do not start several threads for essentially the same issue.

I seriously am very sorry about that, thanks for merging them.

(2013-05-22, 02:31)Kibje Wrote: By looking at your logs that were scattered in several threads I do not believe you ever removed you addons folder, or you just went ahead and reinstalled all your addons right away before debugging.

If you want to properly debug remove the entire %appdata%/XBMC folder and start XBMC with a fresh install.
Uninstalling from 'Programs and will do this only if you select the checkbox to delete the profile folder, but this might sometimes fail to delete some files.

Do not install new addons.
Configure one source and configure it correctly.
Screenshot how you configured your sources and your file structure.

Then test how fast it scrapes, upload a debug log and paste it here.

If all is good, add the next source, test again, and upload log again.

Ok, will do. As far as the logs go, yes I did do a fresh install but I did not do a new debug log (because everything appeared to be the same). I plan on starting anew tonight though and will do it right and report back. Thanks again and sorry again for starting a second thread.

For completeness sake, I ran a debug log (http://pastebin.com/VyHdMDHd) on my installation now with a fresh install. It opened fine with no sources or advancedsettings.xml, so I added them back in which seemed to work fine. But when I manually updated from the Context Menu I still experienced the 1-2 minute delay.

Edit: Also I just read your other posts in the now defunct threads. I went through the process to remove @eaDir and stop them from coming back, but....some came back. So it was just easier to have them excluded. Though I think you're right about the RegEx, its on my to-do to remove them again (along with Thumbs.db) so I'll just remove that part for next time. Also, I'm not defending my actions, but I didn't create "Very slow startup time & close time in frodo", just shamelessly hijacked it cause it sounded similar. I don't care whether its merged or not, just wanted to make sure the original poster wasn't getting disadvantaged cause of my actions.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
~1 minute delay when starting XBMC0