• 4(current)
Archive - old posts
Would PVR users mind to take a look at PVR support?

I don't use it regularly so I would appreciate some feedback from you guys.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi Pecinko. Don't have PVR but...
In the favourites window, the name of items is not visible until is highlighted.

Do you need Italian translation or are you ok?
(2013-04-30, 13:07)henrava Wrote: Hi Pecinko. Don't have PVR but...
In the favourites window, the name of items is not visible until is highlighted.

Added, thanks!

Quote:Do you need Italian translation or are you ok?

I'm OK as I don't understand ItalianSmile but others would probably be glad to have it, once labels are finalised.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-30, 13:19)pecinko Wrote: I'm OK as I don't understand ItalianSmile but others would probably be glad to have it, once labels are finalised.

Big Grin I like your humour !
Ok, i follow the thread, when you are ready i'm glad to help.
As other folks already said, that skin is wonderful !
pecinko, if you need a French translator, let me know.
(2013-04-29, 23:27)toiva Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 23:11)pecinko Wrote: Sure, go ahead.
It was not a question, just a comment on complexity of GIT. Big Grin If i'm not mistaken i have to create a branch, use cherrypick to select the commit, and then send a pull request to this branch.
correct - every PR needs it's own branch in your fork. If you need to change something or add a follow up commit, simply push your updated branch to your github repo and force overwrite. The PR will be updated automatically.
(2013-04-30, 07:51)pecinko Wrote: Would PVR users mind to take a look at PVR support?

I tried out the PVR from the GIT updates from this morning and one thing I noticed is when I start the PVR, I am taken to a list of the OTA channels from my Myth server. If I press up/down I cycle through the menu, not the channels. I press "left" and the menu quickly shows and hides. I press again and I see the PVR menu (channels, recordings, EPR, etc). I need to do this sequence before I can use up/down to change channels. Is it possible to have it go directly to the Channel list so my remote controls the channels immediately and not stuck in the menu (that's hidden) on launch?

A few other things I've noticed

If I press the "info" button while watching a movie, I see the plot details but the text doesn't scroll. If there are more than 5 lines of text, the rest is cut off at the bottom of the window. This doesn't happen when I look at the plot in my collection (text scrolls), only when the movie/TV show plays.

If I click on the "In Progress" sub-menu of TV, I have a few different sort options. Playlist, Title and Date. Both Title and Playlist sort the same way, by title. If I select Playlist, I thought that my shows would sort based on the shows I'm watching and not alphabetically (same as Title), is this not correct?

Finally, when I play a music file and I open the lyrics, I see a screen with play/pause/ff/rw/etc buttons but I cannot click or access any of these buttons. When I am not viewing lyrics, I see the OSD on the bottom of the screen and these work fine. When lyrics are showing, there is a different bar in the centre of the screen but I cannot access any of the buttons.

A request as well, when I open the panel I see all my latest Movies/TV Shows but when I watch one of them, they are still in the list. Is it possible to have episodes/movies I've watched be removed from the panel? It's hard to keep track of what I've watched sometimes.

I am running this skin on a XIOS M3 and I must say this is the fastest and best skin I have ever used on this device, I am so glad I found it. These are just some minor things I've noticed while playing around but the only skin I use. Thanks for keeping it so quick and visually stunning...
(2013-04-30, 19:47)Xtropy Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 07:51)pecinko Wrote: Would PVR users mind to take a look at PVR support?

I tried out the PVR from the GIT updates from this morning and one thing I noticed is when I start the PVR, I am taken to a list of the OTA channels from my Myth server. If I press up/down I cycle through the menu, not the channels. I press "left" and the menu quickly shows and hides. I press again and I see the PVR menu (channels, recordings, EPR, etc). I need to do this sequence before I can use up/down to change channels. Is it possible to have it go directly to the Channel list so my remote controls the channels immediately and not stuck in the menu (that's hidden) on launch?

A few other things I've noticed

If I press the "info" button while watching a movie, I see the plot details but the text doesn't scroll. If there are more than 5 lines of text, the rest is cut off at the bottom of the window. This doesn't happen when I look at the plot in my collection (text scrolls), only when the movie/TV show plays.

If I click on the "In Progress" sub-menu of TV, I have a few different sort options. Playlist, Title and Date. Both Title and Playlist sort the same way, by title. If I select Playlist, I thought that my shows would sort based on the shows I'm watching and not alphabetically (same as Title), is this not correct?

Finally, when I play a music file and I open the lyrics, I see a screen with play/pause/ff/rw/etc buttons but I cannot click or access any of these buttons. When I am not viewing lyrics, I see the OSD on the bottom of the screen and these work fine. When lyrics are showing, there is a different bar in the centre of the screen but I cannot access any of the buttons.

A request as well, when I open the panel I see all my latest Movies/TV Shows but when I watch one of them, they are still in the list. Is it possible to have episodes/movies I've watched be removed from the panel? It's hard to keep track of what I've watched sometimes.

I am running this skin on a XIOS M3 and I must say this is the fastest and best skin I have ever used on this device, I am so glad I found it. These are just some minor things I've noticed while playing around but the only skin I use. Thanks for keeping it so quick and visually stunning...

Thanks for reporting!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yep, this is it. The perfect skin for my Pi. Big Grin
The one skin I have tested that can even compare to Confluence regarding speed and smoothness.
It actually feels faster, specially with background fanart.

Haven´t ran into any problems yet, if I do I will report it here.

A couple of small feature requests;
* Setting for global background or option to set default background to all main menu options
* Different background in System or option to change this (cannot set this)

Both those requests are very easy to set manually, but a reinstall and I have to set everything again.

This will without a doubt be my skin of choice on all my setups. Smile
Very nice job! And keep on keeping it simple!
Pecinko, my pull request was about adding music videos directly to main menu, but since both poster and square videos have to be covered, i don't think there's any perfect way to do add it?
(2013-05-01, 09:32)toiva Wrote: Pecinko, my pull request was about adding music videos directly to main menu, but since both poster and square videos have to be covered, i don't think there's any perfect way to do add it?

I was thinking about it - maybe there could be 2 menu items. First would be labeled "concerts", will open up video section and use posters. The other could be labeled "clips", would open music section and use square thumbs. In one of the previous commits, I have already changed labels for home submenu to better reflect differences between those.

One would still need to disable one of them in skin settings, though.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

That's the way to go i think.. Music video content is just as important as the other two media types, so i think it deserves it's own entry.

Maybe set both to disabled by default, having both enabled at the same time would only confuse new users?

I'm having really hard time identifying a shelf episode from a label and an episode title. It's very quick and easy to idenfity if an episode is watched or not from a scraped episode thumb.
@toiva

Is that you saying that Watchlist patch is on the way? ;)
Just wondering,

if I would add "Mediastream/old Confluence-like" vertical home menu as an alternative, and that is a big IF, how many of you would be using it?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I would. But i rather want it as ACE / Transparency type of vertical menu.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10