Solved Problem about HD audio.
I installed XBMC unbuntu version recently.
i have solve mount disk and partition, remote control by andriod phone, display on Sony 46" tv.
It's a amazing to use XBMC.
My device is AMD 6000+ Nvidia 9800GT(DVI+HDMI) SPDIF to motherboard.
I try to play online addons video and the video not HD version. the XBMC is okay. the sound is available.
when i play HD movie.it's can't play any sound.
Did i missing something? how to solve this?
Anyway ,thanks your help!
SPDIF == no HD Audio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
May i know why?
My spdif working well in Windows 8.
Motherboard spdif connected to Video HDMI interface. HDMI to Television.
How can I adjust it?
Its more likely your audio settings in XBMC have enabled passthrough settings your hardware doesnt support. Spdif just doesn't have bandwidth for certain audio formats and I am willing to bet your xbmc is misconfigured.

See AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio#Audio_Output_Settings_Guide (wiki) and opst a screenshot from your xbmc audio settings. Use prtscreen on keyboard or record button on remote to grab a screenshot.

uNi
Quote:Motherboard spdif connected to Video HDMI interface. HDMI to Television.

Your TV does certainly not accept HD Audio be it hdmi or not, it won't also passthrough it, if you have an AVR behind the TV via optical. Set your Output to 2.0 and only enable AC3 and see if this works.

To get HD-Audio, you need an AVR that is capable of doing hd audio directly connected to your graphics card, which also must be able to do HD Audio - I don't know of the nvidia 9800 GT for sure.

Also add an xbmc.log with debugging turned on (matching the screenshot).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
9800GT has to have a spdif from motherboard to card in order to output audio via hdmi, so no HD audio since spdiff iirc has not enough bandwidth for this), though mind the op never mentioned hd audio only video, so my guess is he has passthough options setup that are not supported amongst the hd audio also dts is not supported aac is not supported lpcm is not supported etc, so /me waits for screenshot.

uNi
Thanks your help and response.
My audio are working when i play normal movie.
But for HD movie is not working.
I will try as your offer idea.
Thank you all
Did you mean use advancesetting to set allowtranscode44100 to true?
Thank you!
No, read post #4

uNi
watch gallery

I checked the passthrough. it's can't be modified.
xbmc.log please.
Screenshot are empty anyway, never mind.
my log upload id is 18081.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18081
I see no screenshot, just a imgur error message. Please fix.

(2013-05-12, 01:24)kirktsao Wrote: my log upload id is 18081.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=18081
That is not a debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem about HD audio.0