• 25(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2019-10-31, 14:39)JoshDi Wrote: My wife enjoys watching friends, but doesn't want to mark them as unwatched to see all episodes

There is a feature of Kodi for using multiple user profiles:
Quote:environment for multiple users [...] Separate media libraries for each user [...] All options stored in the userdata folder can be customized per profile

There have been some problems with this addon (4 years ago); it might not work if you use a mySQL database instead of the SQLite.
(2015-02-21, 21:46)schapplm Wrote: If every user profile had his own settings for the addon, one could use different databases for each profile
(2019-11-02, 21:34)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-10-31, 14:39)JoshDi Wrote: My wife enjoys watching friends, but doesn't want to mark them as unwatched to see all episodes

There is a feature of Kodi for using multiple user profiles:
Quote:environment for multiple users [...] Separate media libraries for each user [...] All options stored in the userdata folder can be customized per profile

There have been some problems with this addon (4 years ago); it might not work if you use a mySQL database instead of the SQLite.
(2015-02-21, 21:46)schapplm Wrote: If every user profile had his own settings for the addon, one could use different databases for each profile
Thank you. Its not a matter of having different accounts - I dont really watch friends. I basically dont want friends to ever be marked as watched. I run the following query in the mean time to clear out the watched status: 

sql:
DELETE FROM `episode_watched` WHERE idShow=ANY(select idShow from tvshows where title = "Friends") 
(2019-11-03, 01:13)JoshDi Wrote: I run the following query in the mean time to clear out the watched status: 
sql:
DELETE FROM `episode_watched` WHERE idShow=ANY(select idShow from tvshows where title = "Friends") 
I think the multi user solution would be the better way to go, since this seems to be a very special case to consider in the addon. Neverthess, I added this to the ToDo list of the addon, but it is unlikely I (or someone else) will do this due to time limitations.
(2019-11-03, 10:06)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 01:13)JoshDi Wrote: I run the following query in the mean time to clear out the watched status: 
sql:
I think the multi user solution would be the better way to go, since this seems to be a very special case to consider in the addon. Neverthess, I added this to the ToDo list of the addon, but it is unlikely I (or someone else) will do this due to time limitations. 

appreciate you adding this to the ToDo list. The trackt addin currently has this functionality to ignore certain paths so thats how I accomplish this with that addin. 

Maybe I am not understanding why you are suggesting the multi-user method as a resolution to my issue. How will having multiple users prevent any single user from having the TV Show friends as watched? I essentially always want the TV Show friends to be marked as unwatched. Thank you!
(2019-11-05, 07:36)JoshDi Wrote: Maybe I am not understanding why you are suggesting the multi-user method as a resolution to my issue. How will having multiple users prevent any single user from having the TV Show friends as watched? I essentially always want the TV Show friends to be marked as unwatched. Thank you!
I do not use the feature of multiple Kodi users personally, but from the description I guessed the following:
  • You and your wife each have different Kodi user profiles.
  • Each of the profiles can have completely different media libraries (different folders on the computer/network share). So e.g. you may not even have the TV series (e.g. "Friends" and movies of your wife in your video library and she has only her stuff. So you do not even have to bother whether it is watched or not.
  • Regardless if you have the same media in your video library or not, the watched state is stored separately for the different users (you vs your wife).
  • The saved watched state in the WatchedList addon is also stored differently for both of you.
Of course you can not synchronize your WatchedList with the same DropBox account, because it would indirectly synchronize your profiles.
(2019-11-07, 22:51)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-11-05, 07:36)JoshDi Wrote: Maybe I am not understanding why you are suggesting the multi-user method as a resolution to my issue. How will having multiple users prevent any single user from having the TV Show friends as watched? I essentially always want the TV Show friends to be marked as unwatched. Thank you!
I do not use the feature of multiple Kodi users personally, but from the description I guessed the following:
  • You and your wife each have different Kodi user profiles.
  • Each of the profiles can have completely different media libraries (different folders on the computer/network share). So e.g. you may not even have the TV series (e.g. "Friends" and movies of your wife in your video library and she has only her stuff. So you do not even have to bother whether it is watched or not.
  • Regardless if you have the same media in your video library or not, the watched state is stored separately for the different users (you vs your wife).
  • The saved watched state in the WatchedList addon is also stored differently for both of you.
Of course you can not synchronize your WatchedList with the same DropBox account, because it would indirectly synchronize your profiles.
Thank you for the information. I understand the features of having separate kodi logins/accounts so that they have separate watched lists. However, this does not address my specific use case.

I essentially don't want specific shows (e.g. Friends) to ever be marked as watched so that all episodes always show up in Kodi.

I will make code changes in the addin and push it to Github when I have time. Thank you for supporting this addin
Quick&dirty script to mark your rated movies on imdb as watched:

Code:

#!/usr/bin/env python3
import sqlite3
import csv
import datetime

q_select = '''select * from movie_watched where idMovieImdb=?'''
q_insert = '''insert into movie_watched ('idMovieImdb','playCount','lastChange','lastPlayed','title') values (?,?,?,?,?)'''

db = sqlite3.connect('watchedlist.db')
c = db.cursor()

f = open('ratings.csv', encoding = 'iso8859')
f.readline()

csv = csv.reader(f, delimiter = ',', quotechar = '"')
for i in csv:
    iid = int(i[0][2:])
    d = datetime.datetime.fromisoformat(i[2]).timestamp()
    title = i[3]

c.execute(q_select, (iid,))
    if c.fetchone() != None:
        print('skipping', iid, title)
        continue

print('adding', iid, title)
    c.execute(q_insert, (int(i[0][2:]), 1, d, d, i[3]))

db.commit()
c.close()

Save the script, (s)cp your current .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.watchedlist/watchedlist.db next it to, same with your ratings.csv (exported from your imdb account) and run the script. Rated movies will be marked as watched. (s)cp watchedlist.db back, and just run the addon.

Maybe some
..one finds it useful
Brick 
REQUEST for a Kodi M compatible version (update to python3). Thanks in advance!
(2019-12-02, 13:15)HeresJohnny Wrote: REQUEST for a Kodi M compatible version (update to python3). Thanks in advance!

Thanks for pointing this out. As I just realized, porting to python 3 is critical to be compatible with the next Kodi 19. I created an issue on github, but I am not sure, if I will be able to get this done in time. Therefore any help is appreciated.
Hey, great addon, thanks!
I'm sure this was discussed many times ago (unfortunately I can't find it in this thread)
What's the reason behind not implementing "saving watch position" to a movie \ tv show?
Resume point was asked three years ago:
(2016-07-29, 15:50)danm13 Wrote: ... I'm wondering if it can also sync resume point (i.e. stop movie in one room, resume in another)...

I did not think that this scenario is happening very often, so I put this to low priority. But to be honest, I will probably never implement this (myself).
That's too bad. That's the only feature I'm missing with this addon.
Thanks for the quick reply!
First i just wanna say thanks for an awesome script! Since i have 2 TVs this is something i have been looking 4 a Long time... my question is just, is there some way for the script to update the sql after every movie/tv show? Bc now if i understand it right i have to manually update the script if i leave the tv.

Thanks!
Hi all,

I have just installed this add-on on my Odroid N2 running CE 9.2.1 and I have a question.

This add-on regularly makes backups in the form *-watchedlist.dp.zip and I was wondering what is the purpose of these files.  Yes, I know there're copies of watchedlist.db but are they ever used by the program and if so when?  If not can someone explain to me their purpose and when you would use them.

TIA

Greg
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3