• 26(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
(2020-01-17, 00:22)gregeeh Wrote: Hi all,

I have just installed this add-on on my Odroid N2 running CE 9.2.1 and I have a question.

This add-on regularly makes backups in the form *-watchedlist.dp.zip and I was wondering what is the purpose of these files.  Yes, I know there're copies of watchedlist.db but are they ever used by the program and if so when?  If not can someone explain to me their purpose and when you would use them.

TIA

Greg

No ideas anyone?

TIA

Greg
Sorry for the stupid question: does this addon now actually require a separate MySQL server running somewhere, or can it just create a database by its own that I can import the watches state from on another device?
All I am looking for is to keep watches status in sync between two devices, plus having a backup also.
Dumb question perhaps, but it's there an easy way to change the play count without it being reverted? Tried changing in the DB file, but Kodi changes it back every time I sync
(2020-03-28, 19:16)Tobby Wrote: Dumb question perhaps, but it's there an easy way to change the play count without it being reverted?
Install the Metadata Editor add-on and change the playcount... https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/metadata-editor
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-28, 19:41)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 19:16)Tobby Wrote: Dumb question perhaps, but it's there an easy way to change the play count without it being reverted?
Install the Metadata Editor add-on and change the playcount... https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/metadata-editor

Thank you
(2020-01-17, 00:22)gregeeh Wrote: Hi all,

I have just installed this add-on on my Odroid N2 running CE 9.2.1 and I have a question.

This add-on regularly makes backups in the form *-watchedlist.dp.zip and I was wondering what is the purpose of these files.  Yes, I know there're copies of watchedlist.db but are they ever used by the program and if so when?  If not can someone explain to me their purpose and when you would use them.

TIA

Greg

The purpose is if your main .db file gets corrupted you got one extra that hopefully is not.
I think you can increase the amount as well if you want to keep older backups.
I have a database that have some tmdb entries. Most are tvdb/imdb does it affect having duplicates? I think it's slower progressing the watched but maybe it's in my head.
Is there a guide how to delete records/optimise the database?
(2019-12-14, 11:25)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-12-02, 13:15)HeresJohnny Wrote: REQUEST for a Kodi M compatible version (update to python3). Thanks in advance!

Thanks for pointing this out. As I just realized, porting to python 3 is critical to be compatible with the next Kodi 19. I created an issue on github, but I am not sure, if I will be able to get this done in time. Therefore any help is appreciated.  

I updated the addon for Python 3, seems to be working fine with a few changes.
I also updated the buggalo module that was needed.

It's far for fully tested but import/export to a local file works.

Sadly I'm kinda new to github but I'll try to do a pull request of them both so you can have a look.
If I don't manage that maybe you can look here https://github.com/Nionor Wink
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
(2020-04-12, 21:53)snyft Wrote: I have a database that have some tmdb entries. Most are tvdb/imdb does it affect having duplicates? I think it's slower progressing the watched but maybe it's in my head.
Is there a guide how to delete records/optimise the database?
The duplicates are not synchronized against each other, since the addon can not disguise if the tmdb and imdb entries are connected.
You can manually edit your database with the corresponding tools for mySQL or SQLite. But I do not think this is critical for the speed.
(2020-03-28, 19:41)Karellen Wrote:
Changing the metadata in Kodi will not always help, if you use this addon for synchronizing. There are some logical checks to determine if the information from the Kodi database is newer than the WatchedList database or otherwise. If you want to set the playcount to 0, then it is easiest with the option follow user changes and then set the item to unseen from within Kodi.
In other cases, you have to set the "lastwatched" in Kodi to something newer than "lastChange" in the addon database.
(2020-02-27, 21:00)pigeldi Wrote: Sorry for the stupid question: does this addon now actually require a separate MySQL server running somewhere, or can it just create a database by its own that I can import the watches state from on another device?
All I am looking for is to keep watches status in sync between two devices, plus having a backup also.

You do not have to use the MySQL server. You can also just synchronize SQLite database files either via network share (SMB) or via Dropbox. This is also the default setting. More info in the wiki.
Thanks for the Addon, it's fabulous! It's save my day from start mysql from scratch and mark my tvshows and movies as watched!!. For now on, I will always use it :-)

Only one suggestion, it will be a great feature to add to the backup, restore and sync the "watch position" (like other user suggested too)

Thanks again!!
Thanks for your feedback and appreciation. Unfortunately time for programming the addon decreases more and more.
Without the contribution of Fox from 2020-04-24 the addon would have disappeared starting in Kodi Matrix (perhaps in a few months).
Therefore all the feature request land on the github issue list to not be forgotten. Sync watched position is already on that list.
I know matrix version is not official but running it and new buggalo with file database gives error as soon as it starts.
Debug: https://paste.kodi.tv/wuvoxavobu.kodi
(2020-05-15, 04:09)snyft Wrote: I know matrix version is not official but running it and new buggalo with file database gives error as soon as it starts.
Debug: https://paste.kodi.tv/wuvoxavobu.kodi

The fixes to various addons are currently pending for integration into Kodi Matrix:
  1. script.module.buggalo
  2. script.module.dropbox_auth
  3. service.watchedlist
I already successfully tested on my computer. If you are impatient, you can try to manually upgrade these addons to the linked versions from above.
Feedback would be good, to see if it also works on a different configuration. However, no major changes were necessary, only code modifications for compatibility with Python 3.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3