• 13(current)
RetroPlayer branch of Kodi
On Ubuntu you can’t install Retroplayer cores from repos. It’s binaries addons so they must be installed with the APT repository (in the command line, sudo apt install kodi-libretro...). But right now all the packages are not available yet, they are still building them and must be online in a matter of weeks I think.

Or if you think you have the ability, an other user made a script available in the subject « compiling for linux » or something like that, it’s one of the first subject on this forum.
The thread is this:

It links to some install scripts:

Another developer has created a docker container for compiling Kodi and add-ons:

Thank you, I was on my phone and it was a bit tricky for me to provide links. Smile
Hi,
I think I'm having quite a similar problem like marcselman, but I'm also new to this and so I have to ask this explicitely:
I've installed default kodi 18 on a latest raspian stretch via apt (aptitude install kodi), I'm using IAGL too, downloading of games works, but then it says, that it can't find an emulator.
Since raspbian is kind of debian for raspberries I assume that I can only install emulators via console (with apt) and not via repo and would need to wait for packages like kodi-libretro... like yoshitslc stated.

1. Are there any other possiblities? I would like to avoid compiling directly on raspberry (RPi 3B). Perhaps here is a possibility downloading already compiled libretro-bin for raspberry from somewhere (especially SNES-emulators would be fine for now)?
2. Can I see a roadmap somewhere, when kodi-libretro-emulators will be in raspbian?

Hope that anyone of you had the same issues on raspbian like me and has managed to solve them.

Thanks!
there aren't already compiled sources of those addons for raspberry pi 3
I followed instructions on https://github.com/Wintermute0110/Kodi-Install
to compile ONLY all games-libretro* kodi addons (4 hours to compile all addons found in build-binary-addons-libretro-cores.sh)
once compiled (I followed instructions and all compiled stuff is inside /home/kodi/bin-kodi directory)
I asked myself: "and now what?"
/home/kodi/bin-kodi has 2 subdirs: lib & share
/home/kodi/bin-kodi/lib/kodi/addons/game.libretro* -> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/kodi/addons/game.libretro* (I made a symlink for every dir)
/home/kodi/bin-kodi/share/kodi/addons/game.libretro* -> /usr/share/kodi/addons/game.libretro* (I made a symlink for every dir)
I made symlinks but You can copy all the stuff directly
emulators are visible & usable in kodi BUT the performances are very poor... SNES black screen and sound is laggy, NES is working but too much use of RAM -> pi hangs
Thanks for the instructions on where to copy the compiled files. Unfortunately I had the same outcome where games were simply unplayable on a raspberry pi 3 due to lag and crashes.
(2019-03-23, 18:25)pgcudahy Wrote: Thanks for the instructions on where to copy the compiled files. Unfortunately I had the same outcome where games were simply unplayable on a raspberry pi 3 due to lag and crashes.
In Kodi Game setting disable "Game rewind". This should increase the performance and lower the memory consumption. Actually, I think this option must be disabled by default, does anybody use rewinding when playing games?

Please report the results.
In the meantime I installed retropie and all games works flawlessly on pi3
So it is all about optimization...
(2019-03-24, 10:54)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 18:25)pgcudahy Wrote: Thanks for the instructions on where to copy the compiled files. Unfortunately I had the same outcome where games were simply unplayable on a raspberry pi 3 due to lag and crashes.
In Kodi Game setting disable "Game rewind". This should increase the performance and lower the memory consumption. Actually, I think this option must be disabled by default, does anybody use rewinding when playing games?

Please report the results. 
I never used rewind before. Not sure what I would need it for though.
I would prefere seeing the Disc Swap feature instead of a rewind feature. At least there is a definite necessity for it.
I am not sure exactly where to place this post..I hope this is the correct place...

version (not sure - do you need the libretro core version or is there a software version?) [it is a fresh install of kodi as of three days ago]
LibreElec Version: 9.0.2
Hardware: Raspberry PI 3
Kodi skin: any

1. How do i get a log of a error when a game does not load..or does that information exist? This is needful to trouble shoot games
(case in point fba core using a cps2 game it runs fine in fba itself and the libretro core on a linux x64 so I know i I have all the roms needed)
and oddly enough the game is working after a reboot *shrugs* but it would be nice to know where a log file with that info would be.

2. games that cause a crash: Q bert and space invaders cause mame 2003 and mame 2003 plus cores to lock up forcing a reboot of the system

3. mame 2003 core left shoulder is missing from the control list
(2015-01-16, 21:40)garbear Wrote: I updated the scope of the project. What do you guys think?

@garbear Maybe good idea to update the scope the RetroPlayer and Kodi Games support project again now before the final release of Kodi 19.0 "Matrix"?
Can't you integrate Retroarch into Kodi?
(2021-08-21, 19:03)Sidordroid Wrote: Can't you integrate Retroarch into Kodi?

RetroArch is its own frontend application and Kodi is its own frontend application. It does not make sense to integrate any of those into the other.

As Kodi is already a frontend application the main major feature missing is a games database and web scrapers, e.g. what is needed for Kodi to store a game library.

FYI, Kodi and RetroArch does however both support the same emulator game core API which is called libretro, see -> Libretro (wiki)
I noticed in Kodi if you turn on rewind in the game settings, then games (Retroplayer) on emulators start to slow down.Comrades developers, fix this if possible. Thanks for Cody and Retroplayer
(2021-08-26, 10:33)Sidordroid Wrote: I noticed in Kodi if you turn on rewind in the game settings, then games (Retroplayer) on emulators start to slow down.Comrades developers, fix this if possible. Thanks for Cody and Retroplayer

Thanks for reporting the problem. Rewinding emulators requires saving the system state at every frame, so it makes sense that enabling rewind would hurt performance. Is this what you mean?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer branch of Kodi8