Release Weather.MetOffice
hi
ive added your addon to try but i cant change any of the locations
they are set as
Observation Loaction -Heathrow
Forecast Location - London
Regional Location _ London and southeast england
and when i click on them nothing happens
is there something i need to change ive read all through these posts and cant see no mention
thanks
Hi all. Complete noob here so please excuse any display of abyssmal ignorance or general incompetence (probaly the only things I do well)

Have been trying to get Metoffice weather running in the latest stable Kodi installation on an S805 Android media centre running KitKat. With the default API all I ever got was a "Script error" and a yellow strikeout over the temperature displayed.

Tried again after getting my very own shiny new API from the Met Office site - same result. Sad

Other settings are:

Observation Loaction - Heathrow
Regional Location - London and Southeast England

Any ideas, folks? If you want logs, please walk me thru how to get what you need.

Thanks everyone.

Fluff
(2015-03-09, 14:29)Fluffykins Wrote: Hi all. Complete noob here so please excuse any display of abyssmal ignorance or general incompetence (probaly the only things I do well)

Have been trying to get Metoffice weather running in the latest stable Kodi installation on an S805 Android media centre running KitKat. With the default API all I ever got was a "Script error" and a yellow strikeout over the temperature displayed.

Tried again after getting my very own shiny new API from the Met Office site - same result. Sad

Other settings are:

Observation Loaction - Heathrow
Regional Location - London and Southeast England

Any ideas, folks? If you want logs, please walk me thru how to get what you need.

Thanks everyone.

Fluff
I've give up on this met office now Sad
I found the open weather to work nearly straight away with out any messing around
(2015-03-07, 22:01)gibxxi Wrote: The Error messages are gone, but now, since "Observation Location" occupies slot 1 in the settings, and "Forecast Location" occupies slot 2, and the add-on disabled the ability to switch between the three slots, it now only shows the forecast from the "Observation location", which for me, is 20 miles away.

It should show the observation (current weather) in the left panel, and the forecast in the right panel. The forecast panel is titled to show the location source. The observation point might be far away but the forecast location is usually fairly close.

To be clear: Forecast location and observation location are entirely independent. You can get the forecast for London but take observations from Edinburgh. Defaults are whatever's closest based on GeoIP location.

Edit: Context. Didn't realise there was more than one reply.
(2015-03-09, 19:45)powlo Wrote: It should show the observation (current weather) in the left panel, and the forecast in the right panel. The forecast panel is titled to show the location source. The observation point might be far away but the forecast location is usually fairly close.

To be clear: Forecast location and observation location are entirely independent. You can get the forecast for London but take observations from Edinburgh. Defaults are whatever's closest based on GeoIP location.

To be clear: all I ever got was a "Script error" and a yellow strikeout over the temperature displayed. No weather forecast. Location etc., were defaults
(2015-03-10, 00:49)Fluffykins Wrote: I ever got was a "Script error" and a yellow strikeout over the temperature displayed. No weather forecast. Location etc., were defaults

You'll need to post the debug log. This seems like a trivial way of uploading debug logs: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

If not just find the file (http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Log_files) and dump it in pastebin.com.
(2015-03-08, 16:30)Steve_uk Wrote: ive added your addon to try but i cant change any of the locations

Clicking the location will normally open a location selector. If not post debug logs. See the post above for instructions.
(2015-03-10, 14:44)powlo Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 16:30)Steve_uk Wrote: ive added your addon to try but i cant change any of the locations

Clicking the location will normally open a location selector. If not post debug logs. See the post above for instructions.
Yeah that's what happens on the other addons but on this one when I click it I just hear a click sound and nothing pops up so I'm stuck on the weather for London.
I will try again later maybe it's the modded ACE skin I'm using
Cheers
Having some issues using the addon in Isingard on Win10.

Installs fine and works with the default settings and locations. Every time i try to change the location I get an error message saying "No JSON object could be decoded". It's doing exactly the same on 2 seperate machines.

Log file here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BygYJBT...sp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The "no JSON object..." is probably due to the fact that the geoip provider set by default, telize, is no longer free.

Go into settings > Configuration > Geo-IP provider and try www.ip-api.com (they give the best results in terms of accuracy for me)

I'm fixing this at the moment, along with a few other things.
When I try to install the modified Confluence skin under Jarvis, I get the message

the dependency on xbmc.gui 5.0.0 could not be satisfied

Any ideas>
didsbury, I'll guess that you're installing in Isenguard or Jarvis. I haven't updated the modded skin and to be honest I don't think I'm going to. The work to integrate whatever changes have been made to the skinning framework is too great.

As I recall there wasn't much support for the idea of putting bespoke features in a skin for every weather provider's variations. So Met Office can only provide data where there's overlap.

So I advise that you just stick with normal Confluence. Sad

Edit: I've updated the title post to reflect current stance.

Any skin modders that want to support MetOffice should be able to get the properties from the code. Any questions just ask.
OK thanks for the answer
Thanks!
UK region settings
Does anybody know where to find a list of valid regions to input for the UK?
I am in Devon so I tried southwest England but nothing changes. Still set to London and southeast england
Without this the app is useless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather.MetOffice1