• 6(current)
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
Sometimes (most of them, yes) that happens like you said wgstarks.
But it's not the first time that the XBMC seems to like...freeze or something like that when i press 2 3 4 5 6 times.
Which leads me to CTRL ALT DELETE (i have a keyboard attached to the asus EEE BOX in the living room) and terminate the task. BUT, it says nothing is going wrong in the task manager...wierd.

Maybe something got to do with HDMI handshake?

PS: On a side note, does it happens to you guys, Visual C++ RUntime errors here and there?
(2014-01-28, 16:51)djhifi Wrote: Sometimes (most of them, yes) that happens like you said wgstarks.
But it's not the first time that the XBMC seems to like...freeze or something like that when i press 2 3 4 5 6 times.
Which leads me to CTRL ALT DELETE (i have a keyboard attached to the asus EEE BOX in the living room) and terminate the task. BUT, it says nothing is going wrong in the task manager...wierd.

Maybe something got to do with HDMI handshake?

PS: On a side note, does it happens to you guys, Visual C++ RUntime errors here and there?

I've had a couple of freezes if I try to exit screensaver when it first starts (during startup splash clip). Haven't seen any runtime errors. My biggest problem has been failed YouTube connections which resulted in a crash with Frodo or a script error with Gotham.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I have seen an issue in the past the when I got an error in one of the trailer windows. It will not show on the XBMC screen. but it will show in the xbmc.log

If you can copy your log file the next time you get a black screen and can hear the sounds and post it that would be great

If you dont know how to post a log file look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file
-ken Z-
I do get ocasional C++ runtime errors but only on gotham daily builds and not even running Random Trailers. Just random c++ crash.
-ken Z-
Hi kzeleny,

thanks for this great addon.
I have a huge own database with about 1000 movies, so your addon helps me to find the next to see.

Here in germany we have some special characters in movie titles (ä,ö,ü,ß). When your script starts to play one of these movie trailers XBMC crashes and i need to reboot.

Could you add special character support?

Let me know, if you need my support.

Bye
Neospin
(2014-02-05, 10:07)Neospin Wrote: Hi kzeleny,

thanks for this great addon.
I have a huge own database with about 1000 movies, so your addon helps me to find the next to see.

Here in germany we have some special characters in movie titles (ä,ö,ü,ß). When your script starts to play one of these movie trailers XBMC crashes and i need to reboot.

Could you add special character support?

Let me know, if you need my support.

Bye
Neospin

Problem is with some logging I was doing, xbmc handles the special characters without issue. I just pushed an update that removes this logging.

Version is 1.1.9 it is available in my git repo (see first post) or from the official repo in a couple of days when it gets updated.

thanks

Ken Z
-ken Z-
Version 1.1.9 now available in official XBMC Repo!
-ken Z-
(2014-02-06, 19:55)kzeleny Wrote: Version 1.1.9 now available in official XBMC Repo!

I'm having the same problem mentioned a page back. Itunes works, themoviedb works, but local trailers (library) just show a black screen. I tried setting the screen saver and restarting xbmc but that did not help. Can you recommend another fix?
Just pushed a fix version 1.1.10 to official repo should be available soon. You can download from git if you want (see first post)

sorry about that fixed one issue but broke another! All should be good with 1.1.0

Thanks!
-ken Z-
Works great now, thanks.

I find that I have two use cases, one where I'm viewing trailers for content I have, and the other where I'm viewing trailers for content I don't have and want to send to CP.

Can you come up with a good way to launch for the two cases? And the two different configs?

EDIT: I managed to edit the zip file and make a cloned copy of the addon with a different name, so I can have the two different configs and two separate shortcuts on the home/programs screen.

What would make this really good for CP use is a "DVD new releases" source like flixster trailers. Or if there's a better one or configuration to sort those from the existing sources?

thanks for your work on this, it's awesome. I remotely manage a pvr setup for my parents and they love this. With CP integration I'll get less service calls tooSmile
I'm trying to modify remote.xml so that there is an equivalent remote key for Q function (like 0).
What's stopping me is, I don't know what the window should be called? Do you have any idea?
in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\remote.xml map the O button to Queue (Thats the action that I capture) and it should work.

I was only able to test using keyboard.xml I had to add it to the global seciton in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml to get it to work.Creating and modifying one in the userdata folder would not work for me.

Ken
-ken Z-
(2014-02-09, 09:34)bluenote Wrote: Works great now, thanks.

I find that I have two use cases, one where I'm viewing trailers for content I have, and the other where I'm viewing trailers for content I don't have and want to send to CP.

Can you come up with a good way to launch for the two cases? And the two different configs?

EDIT: I managed to edit the zip file and make a cloned copy of the addon with a different name, so I can have the two different configs and two separate shortcuts on the home/programs screen.

What would make this really good for CP use is a "DVD new releases" source like flixster trailers. Or if there's a better one or configuration to sort those from the existing sources?

thanks for your work on this, it's awesome. I remotely manage a pvr setup for my parents and they love this. With CP integration I'll get less service calls tooSmile

I have an api key for flixter/rotten tomatoes and I think I can pretty easily grab the list of new DVD releases from them then use TMDB to look up the trailers for them. I will work on this tonight. With luck I should have an update that will do this in the next day or so.

Ken Z.
-ken Z-
Just added new version to my git repo.

Version is now 1.1.11

Added feature to tmdb section to select New DVD Releases (List from Rotten Tomatoes / Flixter)
-ken Z-
You are awesome I can't wait to try this!!!
Thank you so much!

On the remote issue - I am trying not to use global, but I don't know what to put in for the tag, for example <MyVideoLibrary></MyVideoLibrary> etc
so that the mapping only takes effect inside the plugin? I tried searching for examples of those tags for addons but I did not find any reference.

This DVD release feature is going to be a gamechanger! Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1