• 7(current)
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
Only one I could manage to get to work was on the global setting. the O key only brings up Codec Info so it may not be a big deal to do a global replacment. Unless your using it soemwhere else of course!
-ken Z-
kzeleny, great plugin! Really like a lot!

How ever...is it possible somehow to prevent it from running when another addon is running? In my case, I listen to music thru Xsqueeze, but then the screensaver kicks in...and well, that's not so nice!

Anyways, thanks for a great plugin/screensaver!
/ Samme
Try setting audio visulations to on in screensaver settings. I check if xbmc is playing but if xsqueez is using a custom player may not see it.

Ken z.
-ken Z-
It's using a custom external player so it probably won't work - any ideas how to go around this?
/ Samme
I posted a message on the Xsqueeze form to see if there is a way to check to see if squeeze is playing. I dont use it personally so I wont be able test any fixes thought.

Ken Z
-ken Z-
No worries, I can test if needed!

Another question and/or suggestion, is it possible to add an option to set a interval like the one I describe below.

First I've set my screensaver to wait 10 minutes...then play 5 trailers...then I'd like to wait 10 minutes, then play 5 more etc etc.
/ Samme
(2014-02-12, 19:39)Samme Wrote: No worries, I can test if needed!

Another question and/or suggestion, is it possible to add an option to set a interval like the one I describe below.

First I've set my screensaver to wait 10 minutes...then play 5 trailers...then I'd like to wait 10 minutes, then play 5 more etc etc.

How about something like this:

Number of Trailers (0) for Continuous: 50
Group Trailers: Yes No
Number of Trailers in each group: 5
Minutes between Groups: 10

This would keep it from playing forever unless you set total trailers to 0

Group Trailer options would be disabled unless you select yes for Group Trailers.

Ken Z
-ken Z-
That sounds excellent, if you have the time to do it! Looking forward to this feature Smile
/ Samme
Done! You will need to download from git and manually install. Version is 1.1.12. I did some quick testing and it seemed to work fine. Let me know if you have any issues.
I also put in a patch for xsqueeze to check if it is running, let me know how that works too.

https://github.com/kzeleny/screensaver.randomtrailers
-ken Z-
I have a fix for xsqueeze as well I will try and get that done tonight.

Posted fix. you will need to download from git to test.
-ken Z-
Hi kz,

I'm enjoying the new flixster feature, but since it's a limited list, newest to oldest seems more logical? The pain appears when many trailers in a row have already been seen. There's more than one way to address but I think unrandomizing may do it if we're lucky with how they are delivered. That would make new unseen trailers immediately available.

Thanks
(2014-02-23, 04:15)bluenote Wrote: Hi kz,

I'm enjoying the new flixster feature, but since it's a limited list, newest to oldest seems more logical? The pain appears when many trailers in a row have already been seen. There's more than one way to address but I think unrandomizing may do it if we're lucky with how they are delivered. That would make new unseen trailers immediately available.

Thanks

Problem is the way this addon is designed is all based on random selection of trailers from a list of trailers, I would have to create a special handler for just New DVD released and use this instead of the existing random selection code. I will think about it and if i can come up with a way that is not too hard to implement into the existing framework I will consider it.

Thanks for the feedback!
-ken Z-
Please, no added complexity just to suit me, I'm happy with what I've got Smile
i am in toronto and i have installed xbmc at home last week the remote fell down from my hand and it is not working now so i am not able to watch my indian channels can u help me or guide me where i can buy remote or how to repair the same remote.
Updated to allow limiting all trailers by rating.

Version 1.1.13 available in git now, will be available in official XBMC Repo under programs soon.
-ken Z-
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1