• 1(current)
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
Probably not surprised by airplay doesn't work using iOS 7 Beta 1 on an iPhone 5.

It seems to change to music playing / streaming then simply doesn't do anything.

Strange that all other airplay devices (ATV2, B&W Zeppelin, Airfoil speakers on my Macbook Air) still work fine, just the XBMC implementation that is broken.

Devs - any ideas ?

Cheers

Wusman
Anything regarding iOS 7 will be flat out ignored until iOS 7 is released. See here, where the same logic applies: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1445078
Bah go away with your shitty ios 7 crap *grrrr*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Such a charming response but nonetheless.

Perhaps the AirPlay implementation within XBMC could be more robust, considering iOS7 plays nicely with everything else.

Use it. Don't use it.

#AsYouWere
ohh that easy huh?
I installed the Golden Master of iOS 7... it's still broke. How far is XBMC on fixing this? 10 june till next wednesday (release date iOS 7) is a long time to code.
The level of entitlement here is amazing.
(2013-09-14, 16:16)iAmRenzo Wrote: I installed the Golden Master of iOS 7... it's still broke. How far is XBMC on fixing this? 10 june till next wednesday (release date iOS 7) is a long time to code.

You can most certainly expect any fixes to be after iOS 7 is actually released. For starters, we don't even know when iOS 7 will be jailbroken (could be day zero, could be several months). I sure as heck won't update my devices until I know there is an untethered jailbreak.
nedscott this is about ios7 as airplay client - no jailbreak needed for that one. But as far as i am concerned this fix will have to wait a long time (as usual). I have only one device which is able to run ios7 and this is my private iphone. All other devices are on sane ios version which i need to ensure compatibility from xbmc it self (so they need a jailbreak).

Until now nobody of us had its hands on any beta os version (which is also useless because we might be fixing things which apple fixes semselfs before releasing the actual os). So while it is true that it is a long time from june to wednesday - this has nothing to say. You can stumb your feet on the floor as long as you want - but my statement still is true.

GO AWAY WITH THOSE FUCKIN NEW TECHNOLOGY SHIT IOS VERSIONS!

Airplay will always lack behind ios version in support. You should get used to it now that we have had this discussions after each major update *annoyed as fuck*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
With the fear of being pummeled down by Memphiz, I'll ask this question here, as it may be related (I don't know as I don't have iOS7, so couldn't tell you).

AirVideo App which is I would guess fairly popular, as it did on-the-fly transcoding before Plex et. al. (sigh, I might get a double beating for this now Wink ), just released a new version; I haven't upgraded to this as yet, but one thing I read is as follows ( http://forums.inmethod.com/topic/99-airp...-apple-tv/ ):

Quote:Air Video HD needs the receiver to support HTTP Live Streaming version 5. I don't believe any of the software that you have mentioned supports that.

The person asking the question stated that he'd tested against "Reflector, AirServer, XBMC and Boxee"; Where XBMC is the the client against a non-Apple coded piece of software... Not quite sure if the tester was on iOS7 or earlier.

My question basically is two fold, not knowing anything about "version 5" of HTTP Live Streaming:
1) Could this be the issue?
2) Does anyone know how hard or easy it would be to 'build-up' to version 5?
3) Does v5 break compatibility with the version in XBMC (I assume not, but you know what they say about those who ASS-ume).

Again, just posting/posing this tidbit and backing out of this thread... Wink

PS. Is it coded yet? Wink
Well - airplay doesn't even use hls - whatever airvideo does - the appletv2 doesn't do it when used with my idevices based on my wireshark captures. also xbmc supports hls via ffmpeg so it should work if it was hls. But as said - using e.x. the youtoube app for airplaying just transfers the url to be played. there is no hls involved here.
Here's to hoping for a fix, now that iOS7 is out.
http://pastebin.com/sUTFQbuH

edit by memphiz: don't post logs into the forum!
Surprisingly, it is working for me in this nightly build.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

Although, I am now having another issue where I cannot select my audio device or passthrough options. Totally different problem though

edit by memphiz: removed screenshot
(2013-09-19, 06:42)blindmist Wrote: Surprisingly, it is working for me in this nightly build.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

Although, I am now having another issue where I cannot select my audio device or passthrough options. Totally different problem though

edit by memphiz: removed screenshot

Unrelated. Switch to confluence and use the left slide menu to set the settings level to advanced for seeing all options.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2