• 11(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
I don't know where you got the advancedsettings.xml idea from, but it's definitely not what you need. I'll try to explaoin it once more:

Let's assume that:

1. Your public IP address is 1.2.3.4
2. The machine running XBMC has the internal address 192.168.1.100
3. The machine running XBMC Video Server has the internal address 192.168.1.101

Start off by forwarding the necessary ports. You'll need to forward port 80 to 192.168.1.101 and port 6900 (in your case, the default is 8080) to 192.168.1.100.

Then you need to register a free DNS name somewhere. Let's say you register xpronic.example.com. You would then change your backend hostname to xpronic.example.com, after that you can use this from the Internet by browsing to http://xpronic.example.com/xbmc-video-server.

Some setups require yet an additional step in order to make the application work in your local network too (not just from the Internet). You may have to add an entry in /etc/hosts on the machine that runs XBMC Video Server which points xpronic.example.com to 192.168.1.100, not 1.2.3.4.
Two major new features were added today:
  • Logging of actions and a system log page available for administrators. This way you can keep track of who is doing what on your server. It also means there's now an easier way to check what exactly happened if you get an error (you no longer have to check the application.log file).
  • Recently added episodes view. It looks the same as the episode list on the show page except for a column containing a link to the TV show in question.

Follow the usual upgrade instructions in the README to get the latest code, and please report any bugs or errors on Github.
New features:
  • Added ability to filter movies and TV shows by watched status
  • Added option for enabling HTTPS when reverse proxy is used (see option description for more details)
  • Fixed a bug where only the 60 first episodes of a season were visible
So I assume this won't play DVD or blu-ray folders.
(2013-09-21, 03:10)Me23 Wrote: So I assume this won't play DVD or blu-ray folders.

No, but if you have stored them as .ISO files you can at least download them. I haven't tried streaming a DVD, there's a small chance that it actually does work. Feel free to try.
(2013-07-18, 11:13)bernus Wrote: Hi,
thanks for the quick answer.
It didn't work at all, local or over the internet.
When I put this in my hosts file : 192.168.***.*** mydns, I can now see the Movies and TVShows !
Everything works great !

I still have a few questions though :

For some movies, the button "download" is not available. Instead, I have "The file(s) for this item is not available". Why?

Another question : Do someone know if it's possible to start the XBMC WebServer without starting XBMC ? Like a standalone service ?
Or would it be possible to use XBMC Video Server connected to a XBMC Mysql database (I heard it was possible to use a Mysql database for XBMC)?

Thx for the help !
Bernus

I'm having the same problem, but don't know where to find that host file. Please, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

(2013-07-18, 11:13)bernus Wrote: Hi,
thanks for the quick answer.
It didn't work at all, local or over the internet.
When I put this in my hosts file : 192.168.***.*** mydns, I can now see the Movies and TVShows !
Everything works great !

I still have a few questions though :

For some movies, the button "download" is not available. Instead, I have "The file(s) for this item is not available". Why?

Another question : Do someone know if it's possible to start the XBMC WebServer without starting XBMC ? Like a standalone service ?
Or would it be possible to use XBMC Video Server connected to a XBMC Mysql database (I heard it was possible to use a Mysql database for XBMC)?

Thx for the help !
Bernus

I'm having the same problem, but don't know where to find that host file. Please, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.
(2013-09-23, 07:22)dyslecix Wrote: I'm having the same problem, but don't know where to find that host file. Please, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

On Windows it's in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, on all other operating system it's in /etc/hosts.
can this be installed in a sub domain in a web hosting account like godaddy?
(2013-09-29, 04:45)Maxivious Wrote: can this be installed in a sub domain in a web hosting account like godaddy?

Usually cheap webhosting doesn't come with shell access, and I doubt the required utilities (mainly git) is available on the server. You could always download the ZIP from Github to get around that, assuming you're able to get shell access.

It won't be very useful though since you'd most likely still be running XBMC at home and the streaming happens from there.
Couple of updates:
  • TV show pages should open a lot faster since the episodes are fetched only when the season is revealed
  • Logging improved to include the source address (the IP that is)
  • Disabled schema caching by default since it was likely causing some problems for people updating from older versions
Will this send transcoded videos to a Plex client? I have a Roku3 that has Plex on it and I would love to rock this with XBMC client in the living room and then Plex/Roku in the bedroom and all be sharing the same Resume Status and full Library!
No
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just started playing with this today and it's nice.
New features and fixes:
  • Moved logout and flush cache together under a new "Actions" menu
  • Added ability to update the library
  • Improved the way the season episodes are fetched so that it only happens once per season (previously the episodes were fetched on every click)

(2013-10-05, 23:23)cones Wrote: Just started playing with this today and it's nice.

That's good to hear!
Haven't test it yet but if you watch something does it mark it as watched in xbmc? Also i followed the update instructions in the readme, the line "php composer.phar install" complained about something so i changed the "install" to "update", this was all in linux.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9