• 69(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
First off, FANTASTIC WORK on this!!!! This TRULY is an EPIC plugin!! I'm a TOTAL newb with regards to editing xml (I mean I can edit, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding format with adding new channels).

Example: I want to add a channel below so it will show up in the epg. How do add this (I have experimented, but can't get a working channel to function)?

name=EXAMPLE CHANNEL
URL=rtmp://999.999.999:999/kuyo playpath=EXAMPLE?id=3131352e36342e3138302e313138 swfUrl=http://EXAMPLE.net/EXAMPLE.swf pageUrl=http://EXAMPLE.net/embed/http://EXAMPLE.net/embed/36333646364436353634363436343634/3d5c0799b3c3b91fb65a9d62ff22a80f/595/380 live=1

Again, sorry for the newbie question but just trying to grasp format of adding channels. Thanks again for this awesome plugin!!!
g
that may or may not be possible we would have to know what the channel is to answer that question. if you send me the real link i can make it for you but you need to find your own xmltv data for the epg to be correct.
(2013-11-02, 22:03)chris0147 Wrote:
(2013-11-02, 03:20)Grbspltt Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 23:26)chris0147 Wrote: how do i install pseudo tv live and what files do i need to install in order i can watch the internet tv?

go to post 1 & 2...

You did not say which files i should downloadHuhHuh?

because we are hoping you will take the time to read the first two posts which explain in detail what to do, there are special setup instructions, you cant just throw the zip at xbmc and go. If you have issues understanding the instructions please let us know what instructions are confusing you and we will try to help. Pay special attention in post 2 on recommended and required changes to xbmc, then install the latest master, check the plugin settings and give it a start.
hi everyone.
now that PTV has DVB-T by project is almost complete Smile
say anyone know why my remote can only send the number 1 & 0?
i cannot use any other numbers beside this.
i am using a standard microsoft MCE remote.
would appreciate any help here
thanks
This is the most awesome plugin I have seen. I now have my HDHomerun, Enigma2 PVR (FTA Satellite), Youtube, RSS feeds, plus my own channels from local data and Hulu operating all together in one interface. I have looked forward to this day for months (actually a couple of years). Thanks to all involved.

I am still using the stable version for a couple of reasons. I am unable to get EPG to work no matter what I do with xmltv (have tried mc2xml with microsoft and schedules direct and zap2xml). The moment I enter xmltv data for a channel 8 type I always get a black screen no matter which version I use (stable or master). With the current master I was unable to access the advanced menu (mentioned by another poster in post #1015 and apparently fixed) but I could also not get remote clicks to work at all in the configuration window of the master. In fact I can not get the remote to open PTV when I put PTV Live on the main screen of Confluence (it will open from Programs->Pseudo TV Live only, reported in #1005). So for now I am sticking with the stable build.

Still have to say this software and TV Guide are the two programs that finally have me using XBMC exclusively. Fantastic! Look forward to further developments.
(2013-11-03, 20:58)EZ1976 Wrote: hi everyone.
thanks

I also use a MCE remote, works great in both windows and openelec...

Make sure your remote has a keymap, and if you are using eventghost... make sure you remap your number keys.
Anyone else having this problem?

(2013-11-03, 21:50)genbap Wrote: This is the most awesome plugin I have seen. I now have my HDHomerun, Enigma2 PVR (FTA Satellite), Youtube, RSS feeds, plus my own channels from local data and Hulu operating all together in one interface. I have looked forward to this day for months (actually a couple of years). Thanks to all involved.

I am still using the stable version for a couple of reasons. I am unable to get EPG to work no matter what I do with xmltv (have tried mc2xml with microsoft and schedules direct and zap2xml). The moment I enter xmltv data for a channel 8 type I always get a black screen no matter which version I use (stable or master). With the current master I was unable to access the advanced menu (mentioned by another poster in post #1015 and apparently fixed) but I could also not get remote clicks to work at all in the configuration window of the master. In fact I can not get the remote to open PTV when I put PTV Live on the main screen of Confluence (it will open from Programs->Pseudo TV Live only, reported in #1005). So for now I am sticking with the stable build.

Still have to say this software and TV Guide are the two programs that finally have me using XBMC exclusively. Fantastic! Look forward to further developments.

I'm glad you like the new features...

I would recommend moving to the master version over the stable one... at least the latest (11/3) master that is... It is stable and includes necessary bug fixes.

As for xmltv data, it is really easy to setup. If you are still getting a black screen using chtype 8. I recommend checking the xmltv file, make sure it is not encoded using utf-8. Then I would delete the old xmltv file and build a brand new one. Double check you are using a xmltv channel id that is actually found within the xmltv file and also post your setting2 configuration for the channel that isn't working...

All else fails post your log, so I can take a look... I use xmltv data daily with PTVL, It should work great!

As for the advanced configuration... its a skinning issue... trying to work out the bugs; data isn't missing its just hidden by font colors or textures blocking information. Going to post a temp fix later.

Launching advanced settings, and ptvl from a menu or button map is fix and included in master...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Luna, I have tried xmltv over and over again. I have read through this forum and tried everything mentioned, i.e. the utf-8 issue etc. I have created and recreated the xmltv file in different places and drives on my computer and nothing has worked - always a blank screen as soon as I enter it on any channel whether off of hdhomerun or engmia2 pvr. I posted an example earlier (#899) and have tried several hours more of creating and recreating xmltv files since then to no avail. Not sure how to post log info. Will look that up and figure it out and try to post a log for additional help. It is no problem recreating the problem for me because it does it every time.

Just the fact I have all my media in one interface at the moment has my excited. Will continue to work on epg data and hopefully post some log file info for further help.
Just upgraded to a gotham monthly and didn't realize this wasn't compatible until afterwards.. I miss it Sad

Unfortunately i need to use gotham with my setup right now as I'm streaming all my videos through bitcasa which xbmc sees as a local drive and only buffers with Gotham.

Hoping to see these work together soon!
Any Australians in this thread that got LiveTV via the XMLTV working? I'm struggling to get the XMLTV.xml file created successfully.

Thanks in advance.
(2013-11-04, 00:45)deletedpenguin Wrote: Any Australians in this thread that got LiveTV via the XMLTV working? I'm struggling to get the XMLTV.xml file created successfully.

Thanks in advance.

What xmltv grabber r u using?

(2013-11-03, 23:52)boognish43 Wrote: Just upgraded to a gotham monthly and didn't realize this wasn't compatible until afterwards.. I miss it Sad

Unfortunately i need to use gotham with my setup right now as I'm streaming all my videos through bitcasa which xbmc sees as a local drive and only buffers with Gotham.

Hoping to see these work together soon!

Sorry, when Gotham goes to final beta. I will update PTVL...

(2013-11-03, 23:41)genbap Wrote: Luna, I have tried xmltv over and over again. I have read through this forum and tried everything mentioned, i.e. the utf-8 issue etc. I have created and recreated the xmltv file in different places and drives on my computer and nothing has worked - always a blank screen as soon as I enter it on any channel whether off of hdhomerun or engmia2 pvr. I posted an example earlier (#899) and have tried several hours more of creating and recreating xmltv files since then to no avail. Not sure how to post log info. Will look that up and figure it out and try to post a log for additional help. It is no problem recreating the problem for me because it does it every time.

Just the fact I have all my media in one interface at the moment has my excited. Will continue to work on epg data and hopefully post some log file info for further help.

Its not out of the possibility that its code related. But a lot of users report success when properly setup.

I know it works pretty well... If you have a valid xmltv file and configuration.

BTW try running a xmltv validator , make sure the grabber u r using isn't messing things up.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-04, 02:35)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 00:45)deletedpenguin Wrote: Any Australians in this thread that got LiveTV via the XMLTV working? I'm struggling to get the XMLTV.xml file created successfully.

Thanks in advance.

What xmltv grabber r u using?

Webgrabplus
Tried latest master as you suggested Luna. Went back immediately to stable build noting same 3 problems with master build. 1. Cannot access PTV Live from added shortcut link on Confluence home page. 2. not able to navigate channel configuration with remote and 3. cannot enter advanced channel rules with remote or keyboard.
Ok, there are over 100 pages of threads so I am sure this has been addressed but I can't seem to find it. I have pseudotv and it works great and I just downloaded this to try it out and it is not working at all for me. It doesn't start at all. I click launch and nothing happens. Has anyone experienced this? I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling several times with same results. I tried bringing over my old settings and still won't even try loading app. Literally nothing happens when I launch the app. What am I missing??
(2013-11-03, 23:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 20:58)EZ1976 Wrote: hi everyone.
thanks

I also use a MCE remote, works great in both windows and openelec...

Make sure your remote has a keymap, and if you are using eventghost... make sure you remap your number keys.
Anyone else having this problem?

(2013-11-03, 21:50)genbap Wrote: This is the most awesome plugin I have seen. I now have my HDHomerun, Enigma2 PVR (FTA Satellite), Youtube, RSS feeds, plus my own channels from local data and Hulu operating all together in one interface. I have looked forward to this day for months (actually a couple of years). Thanks to all involved.

I'm glad you like the new features...

I would recommend moving to the master version over the stable one... at least the latest (11/3) master that is... It is stable and includes necessary bug fixes.

As for xmltv data, it is really easy to setup. If you are still getting a black screen using chtype 8. I recommend checking the xmltv file, make sure it is not encoded using utf-8. Then I would delete the old xmltv file and build a brand new one. Double check you are using a xmltv channel id that is actually found within the xmltv file and also post your setting2 configuration for the channel that isn't working...

All else fails post your log, so I can take a look... I use xmltv data daily with PTVL, It should work great!

As for the advanced configuration... its a skinning issue... trying to work out the bugs; data isn't missing its just hidden by font colors or textures blocking information. Going to post a temp fix later.

Launching advanced settings, and ptvl from a menu or button map is fix and included in master...

hey
i had the same issue. my EPG grabber encodes the file in UTF-8 so i got a black screen, but also after converting it to ISO-8859-1 it still didnt work.
i opened a shared directory on my PC calles PTV and placed the xmltv.xml file in it without knowing it had only read access to everyone. for some reason it is working great with UTF-8.
could it be that PTVL changes something in the file that causes the black screen? while disabling write access allows it to display even though its in UTF 8?

regarding the keymap, i use openelec which is a skinny linux xbmc version so i dont use windows or eventghost.
i will try to keymap all the keys to it, maybe it will help.
thanks
UPDATED 11/4 Channel Template .PSD added...View the READ ME file for instructions.

Here's my new skin, which I've been calling "Frosted Glass." Unlike my previous skin this one is actually universal, and looks identical with any skin you choose.

Make sure you check out the READ ME file for installation instructions.

There's an issue with the vertical scrolling not working (which I hope to fix) but it's not a big deal.

Tv shows (library) OVERLAY

Movies (library) OVERLAY

Movies (Library) EPG

Youtube OVERLAY

TV (live) OVERLAY

TV (live) EPG

Dropbox Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l98fyfgdhek6h02/p2Au_41RQL
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45